My first crayfish jaunt

otherwayup

It's half term, so I'm off work this week to spend some quality time with the wife and kids :innocent: .

So, come Monday morning I waved them bye bye and went to meet up with Bakerboy who had kindly agreed to show me the Crayfishing ropes. Thanks Terry.

After switching location from the River Lee up to New River we were straight into them. Two hours later we had caught 64 crayfish together and Terry had caught two female passers-by on his own :devil: .

A pint and lunch, sitting in the sun at the local pub rounded off the day nicely.

Crayfish_1.png

Crayfish_3.png

Crayfish_2.png....Crayfish_4.png

(look out, it's behind you)

You are not far away if you fancy a go, I will be there on Saturday with the grand kids, who I have to say are a handful, but easier to control than Billy, huffhuff, and twitchynic

It's half term, so I'm off work this week to spend some quality time with the wife and kids :innocent: .

So, come Monday morning I waved them bye bye and went to meet up with Bakerboy who had kindly agreed to show me the Crayfishing ropes. Thanks Terry.

After switching location from the River Lee up to New River we were straight into them. Two hours later we had caught 64 crayfish together and Terry had caught two female passers-by on his own :devil: .

A pint and lunch, sitting in the sun at the local pub rounded off the day nicely.

Crayfish_1.png

Crayfish_3.png

Crayfish_2.png....Crayfish_4.png

(look out, it's behind you)

And a lot of them were big enough to use the claw meat as well.

i hope yu enjoyed the meal's..

Terry

Just a few questions for the crayfish bunch.

I thought you should only go in summer, or is it still effective this time of year?

And am I correct in thinking you can legally trap them without a license as long as you don't leave the traps unattended, or is it you can only use lift nets without a license?

I thought you should only go in summer, or is it still effective this time of year?

And am I correct in thinking you can legally trap them without a license as long as you don't leave the traps unattended, or is it you can only use lift nets without a license?

It is better when the water is warmer, only a few weeks left I should think for this year.

The law onlicencing is a bit gray. Trapping, leaving traps unattended requires a licence, attended nets do not in some areas and are required in others.

The bailiffs make up their own rules, they want to see the Crayfish gone, and turn a blind eye, especially in Hertford area, others will ask for a licence.

The licences are free and easy to get hold of, As are the crayfish, but they are better to eat than a bailiff :lol::lol:

Edited by bakerboy

Stanstead Abbotts just off the A10, Harlow turn off on Saturday mid morning. PM if interested

Looks like a few nice meals :good:

L

it is all your fault

T

(code)

You are not far away if you fancy a go, I will be there on Saturday with the grand kids, who I have to say are a handful, but easier to control than Billy, huffhuff, and twitchynic

Terry

You're being unfair, Billy was well behaved once we tied him to the hide pole, or was that the lab :hmm:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Evil Elvis, on 26 October 2011 - 10:55 PM, said:

Nice one!!!

STUBBY, lakeside is crammed with them!!!!!!

Can you fish lakeside?

The Essex boys have been saying there is no where to go for Crayfish.

Good luck if you can fish there.

Perhaps we could send Darren "otherwayup" to test the water, forgive the pun, now that he has the bug :yes::good:

Edited by bakerboy

have been trying google searches to see who owns "lakeside lake" or if permission is needed, no joy there yet, but did find an article from the diving school thats there, saying underwater visabilty was cut from 30mtrs to 10mtrs, due to those pesky crayfish stirring up the muck, so sounds promising

I'll still see you saturday though terry :good: