lamping with a shot gun

buckaroo23

thinking abot going lamping with the shotgun any tips how to do it as il be on my own

I do, quite succesfully. There is a special metal bracket you can get for fixing torches to scopes. I use one of these with tyre inner tube to protect the under barrel. I have an LED2 with a rear wire off/on switch which is held on to the foregrip by a large elastic band (It doesn't get in the way).You can then use your thumb to flick the switch.

Much of the shots are out to 40 yds and the bunnies are sitters so I tend to choke to 3/4 and full on my 20 bore just for the occasion. for those that start to run don't forget that they will pause momentarily before diving down the hole or into the hedge. Get them then.

HTH. Good Luck.

i know but im not passed to go on there with the hmr it its my uncles bosses land and he looks over it for him, been to his house but hes never their, and when i ask me uncle all hes says is hes always out on the farm what to get the land as its bout 400 arces or so surrond on one side by woods thinking of writting a letter to him may help

Depnding on what lamp you have, all I would do is have the shotgun in my right hand, lamp in the left, then all you need to do is flick the lamp on, and rest the shotgun on the top of your forearm/wrist and beam the lamp in the right direction with your left hand that way you can point it quickly in the right direction, and be nice and steady.

Depnding on what lamp you have, all I would do is have the shotgun in my right hand, lamp in the left, then all you need to do is flick the lamp on, and rest the shotgun on the top of your forearm/wrist and beam the lamp in the right direction with your left hand that way you can point it quickly in the right direction, and be nice and steady.

Its all I do when on my own

Alan

Like above, can fire 63 grm loads through the semi auto like this :good: IMO massively better than using a rimmie. Whenever i take a guest out shooting at night i have the shotgun slung over my shoulder to deal with wounders or running foxes

Theres a guy across from my permisson that was using a section1 shotgun When i was lamping with the 22.All i could hear was aload of rounds going off he was making alot of noise :oops:.I dont think shotguns a good idea.

Obviously it's going to make noise, but it is still a very effective tool. Sometimes when rabbits are a bit jumpy and won't sit still for a rifle shot, they can be chased down with quad and shotgun.

Can be an effective tool for lamping but unless you are remote you are not going to make many freinds of the Local community. Especially at night when sound travels further in the colder denser air.

Always a good idea to let the local Plod know if you intend to go lamping with a shotty. ;)

Well i aint ever ringing the cops without being in certain high risk locations till the law says i have to- i do repect neighbours though :good:

whats that like on range? (the red LED)

hi,

at the minute i've only taken it out when walking the dogs as i'm waiting on mounts for my rifle/shotgun but id' say its good for atleast 50 yrds plus when its really dark, but obviously bright moonlit nights and nearby lights bring the range down but for the rimfire in paddocks i shoot and especially shotgun ranges its ideal, i'll still be taking my lamp bitch and the handheld tracer max for spotting at distance, it would be great on air rifles too.

i find the beam has quite a wide spead on it so i've made a makeshift sunshade type of thing to make the beam tighter, i took the rubber grip off one of the nylon hammers at work cut off a piece about 2" turned it inside out so the textured grip is inside and the smooth side on the outside and it just fits nicely and keeps the beem from spreading too much.

i'll stick some pics up of the hatsan and cz when the mounts arrive, just need to get my new plastics and sling attachments for the hatsan ordered and i'll be sorted.

atb gary