CZ 452 American .17 HMR

deadeye ive

After much deliberation I went for this ............I just could'nt justify the further £235 for the Anshulzt 1517 where the total price of this rifle and sound moderator was £300 :good:

post-1945-1148376813.jpg

Just got to try it out to check the basics are in order before I go to town on it .The trigger when adjusted won't go below 14 N so it looks like a Brooks kit or a bit of needle filing :no::lol: Some more material will come off to give a cleaning rag clearence between barrel and stock as well I feel :good:

Any body know where I can get some Hornady :good:

Thats a cracker of a rifle you got their Ive. :good:

Try out the accuracy first Ive, before you go fidling, they are usually accurate out of the box. :good: But, then its totally up to you mate. :good:

The very best of luck with it, hope you have many hours of fun together. :no:

Frank.

Thats a cracker of a rifle you got their Ive. :good:

Try out the accuracy first Ive, before you go fidling, they are usually accurate out of the box. :good: But, then its totally up to you mate. :lol:

The very best of luck with it, hope you have many hours of fun together. :no:

Frank.

not exactly Frank, from everything I've heard they all benefit from a trigger job and floating the barrel. Mine had it all done when I got it and I've been very pleased even though its previous owner hated it by the sounds of things :good:

After much deliberation I went for this ............I just could'nt justify the further £235 for the Anshulzt 1517 where the total price of this rifle and sound moderator was £300 :good:

post-1945-1148376813.jpg

Just got to try it out to check the basics are in order before I go to town on it .The trigger when adjusted won't go below 14 N so it looks like a Brooks kit or a bit of needle filing :no::lol: Some more material will come off to give a cleaning rag clearence between barrel and stock as well I feel :good:

Any body know where I can get some Hornady :good:

Mmmmmm lovely bit of wood.

What make of moderator?

Don

the varmint is built on an american action and as such has american written on it (in some cases)

the way to tell is from the barrel profile, also the blueing quality on the barrel, and i think i am correct in saying the varmint has the bead blasted style finish on the action where as the american has a blued action.

So the above rifle is a varmint.

Yes most CZ's come threaded from the factory, i believe that some of the .22mag rifles do not come threaded.

GAcz_042505A.jpg

an american, also shows slightly different chequering, with that little trangle furthest forward of the chequering which the varmint does not have if my memory serves me. The varmint also has a Varmint forend with no chequering, where as the american has a lower profile forend with a triangle of chequering.

CZ_452_2E_ZKM_VARMINT.jpg

a varmint, showing the matt finish action, a duller blueing on the barrel, and a much more heavy and tapered profile on the barrel. Also no extra bit on the chequering.

Thats a lovely looking rifle BTW, one of the nicest in this country i have ever seen. You did well :good:

Must say Ive it looks a good job well smart i can see now why you didnt whant to go shooting the other day.

Yes you have made a nice job of grouting between your slabs :angry:

OH AND NEARLY FORGOT

yes it is a really nice pattern on the stock. Will have to have a day out see what its like on paper,

Will give you advance warning if it shoots better than mine :lol: Ill pee in your boots. :angry: And tell everyone what you said about CZs :good:

looks very nice :lol:

deadeye-ive, that rifle looks very much like the Varmint, its the heavy barrel version of the American. It probably says American on the receiver, Very confusing.

For ammo try Trent Firearms, Bucknall, SOT. I buy my ammo nfrom there but i always use the Rimington,

Thanks for the replies lads :lol:

:lol: .........Nick I have the tag off the Rifle and it says American but looking at your post I have the varmint :good: ...........Who cares any way :good:

It has a sak mod on it

The scope is a Simmons Pro air 4 x 12 x 40

Scope mounts are Millets

Was hoping to go out tommorrow but work commitments have put paid to that :oops:

Dougy ...........If it's poo I have around £400 to spend to get it as good as your Ruger making both rifles the same price :angry::angry::good:

OOOOoooo that was nasty :good:

Going to wish i had bought the other one now :lol:

No you don't ...........It's a cracking set up now :lol:

Nice rifle Ive let me know when you are going zeroing and i'll bring the .243 you can try some of my hornday ammo in your rifle to see what it groups like. :angry::angry:

Will do Miffy :good:

Her indoors has got one, cut down to 16" with a Simmons WTC on top. Its consistently awesome on headshot hares at over 15 yards. You'll not regret going for CZ.

Dave

Thats better field craft than I can achieve... :good::P:lol:

Or was it a typo :welcomeani:

• 7 months later...