.22 yellow jacket

i recently bought a brno.22,and bought some yellow jackets to try,my god they are noisy can anyone recommend me a good quiet round for bunnys,with this round i may as well take the hmr :good: thanks all.ps i am getting 1 inch groups at 80 yds so not bad just loud

Hi Richie winchesters or eley all the way mate iv used winnis for the last 10 years now an my brno likes them :good:

i recently bought a brno.22,and bought some yellow jackets to try,my god they are noisy can anyone recommend me a good quiet round for bunnys,with this round i may as well take the hmr :good: thanks all.ps i am getting 1 inch groups at 80 yds so not bad just loud

ive got a cz .22 i used to use winchester subs but now only use eley as i found they were much better through my rifle. the eley subsonic are quite hard to get hold of at the moment, dont know why? 80 yards might be pushing it for a sub sonic round if you want a clean kill

ive got a cz .22 i used to use winchester subs but now only use eley as i found they were much better through my rifle. the eley subsonic are quite hard to get hold of at the moment, dont know why? 80 yards might be pushing it for a sub sonic round if you want a clean kill

Those subs will kill just fine at 80yds, if you can hit the spot. I find it quite difficult, so limit my range.

Hey, welcome to the forum by the way :good:

Winchester subs are my choice,BUT, if you are shooting at closer ranges and need a VERY quiet round then try some RWS Z LANG .22's,29gn, m/v of 710 fps.I have a permission where the rabbits are 30-35 yards away,and there are horses in the paddock,they don't seem to be worried about the noise. :good:

I've used Yellow Jackets,great for the long shots out to 100yards.

Alan :)

I seem to recall there were a couple of Yellow Jackets, I used to use the HP version at 1500ft sec and around 31-33g I think. It was probably the most accurate HV .22lr I used in my CZ but of course it was HV, so noisy.

If noise is a concern you need to take the sub route as others have mentioned, but if you need a HV round then the Yellow jacket worked in mine!

(these days my .22lr is a Dedicated sub tool)

:good: