Quietest PCP?

Davrian

In your opinion which is the quietest rifle out there?

Only asking as my only consideration (I refuse to say fault) of this rifle is the metallic ring it lets off when the hammer strikes, its not that loud but wondered if anything out there was near silent? :lol:

When standing to the side if someone else fires the rifle its the hammer you hear and not the shot so were not talking about silencers.

:lol:

No really I'm not interested in opinions on silencers! Its definitely the action of the rifle I'm interested in!

I've alerted bunnies to my whereabouts by cocking the rifle and by clicking the safety but the biggest noise is the ring that comes from the hammer! Ok so at least one bunny drops but this could alert others.

So no near silent rifles then?

:lol: my aas200 only gives a quiet 'twang' as the hammer hits, the bunnies hardly hear it! (if they do, it's already too late :P ) fitted with the original s200 silencer (which i've 'played' with :lol: ) makes all the difference to the output sound but silencers cannot affect the hammer strike. there is a way to do this (which i've done), but you need to know what you're doing, see if your local gunsmith has the neccessary skills. alternatively, you could cover your pcp with camo which will dampen it a little, but you will still hear it (it may not seem to make a difference to you as your ear is almost next to the hammer, but it does make a little difference at distance). :lol:

The quietest Airgun I have ever heard is Snakebite's S410. My S16 was very quiet but compared to Snakeys' it was alot louder.

Why thank you kind sir, the money is in the post.

This reminds me of the "Silencer for springers" thread. What you are all forgetting is the simple fact that 20 yds down range the rabbits will not hear the hammer action at all.

The reason it sounds loud is because your ear is about 3" away from the boingy bits. The rabbits are going to be at least 720" away!

:lol: my aas200 only gives a quiet 'twang' as the hammer hits, the bunnies hardly hear it! (if they do, it's already too late :no: ) fitted with the original s200 silencer (which i've 'played' with :) ) makes all the difference to the output sound but silencers cannot affect the hammer strike. there is a way to do this (which i've done), but you need to know what you're doing, see if your local gunsmith has the neccessary skills. alternatively, you could cover your pcp with camo which will dampen it a little, but you will still hear it (it may not seem to make a difference to you as your ear is almost next to the hammer, but it does make a little difference at distance). :good:

Hi mate, Iv'e just been to my local gunsmith he quoted me £575 for s200 rifle, silencer & pump I feel thats a bit steep. What do you reckon?