My new bud

lurcherboy

Fine looking cocker there LB.

Mine is 14 now, and very wobbly on her feet on occasion.

She has been a serial little sod all of her life, and I soon realised what all the books meant when they said that cockers are 'independent'.

Wouldn't have been without her. She has driven me to distraction with running straight thro' pigeon hides, chasing woggie hens for hours and totally ignoring my recall whistles, and - well the tales are endless.

Who wants a boring springer, trained to a 't' springer, or an old mans labrador?

Me that's who!

But I wouldn't have done without her. Never.

I've had more serious, meaningful conversations with her about the vagaries of life than I've ever had from the wife (she's not watching).

Enjoy - you are a lucky man

Don

Good looking dog there LB, If he works hald as well as he looks he'll be a good un.

Mind you if the owners are supposed to look like their dogs ypu must have picked this one to take the eye off your good looks. :lol::P

Trev

He is as I am Trev :lol:

Thats a cracking looking dog their LB. :lol:

Hope his a cracking worker too. ;)

Frank.

I am lucky to aquire him Frank.

Fine looking cocker there LB.

Mine is 14 now, and very wobbly on her feet on occasion.

She has been a serial little sod all of her life, and I soon realised what all the books meant when they said that cockers are 'independent'.

Wouldn't have been without her. She has driven me to distraction with running straight thro' pigeon hides, chasing woggie hens for hours and totally ignoring my recall whistles, and - well the tales are endless.

Who wants a boring springer, trained to a 't' springer, or an old mans labrador?

Me that's who!

But I wouldn't have done without her. Never.

I've had more serious, meaningful conversations with her about the vagaries of life than I've ever had from the wife (she's not watching).

Enjoy - you are a lucky man

Don

We have already put the world to rights over 4 pints of heavy Don. I think this is one of those once in the lifetime dogs as everything is fitting in to place nicely.

Nice looking dog LB

Looks a good size, whats he make at the shoulder?

Cheers

18" Mad. Unfortunetly he has come equiped with a sweaty manual :lol: So it's difficult making vocal commands. I guess I will have to teach him sassenach :lol:

Great coat, what do you feed him? :lol:

So far Teal he takes everything that he can cur :o He will be fed on chicken pieces, vegetables, rabbit, pigeon and some dry biscuit.

With cod liver oil capsules to keep that sheen :lol: .

Any cocker trainers want to give me advice, then please do so, it will be appreciated.

LB

Cheer up! you make it sound like your dogs already passed away :lol:

I will get a dog sometime. Best companion you can have out in the field I have been told :lol:

Apologies for sounding miserable Hunter, but as a shooting companion Sally can just about manage a 400 yards walk now, and the wife is dead set against a replacecment as she was such a sod when she was young.

Perhaps I sounded too critical about her performance as well, as the fault is probably entirely all mine. I got her as a stupid womans reject - she wanted a docile house dog and bought a working cocker! So, I bought Sally when she was almost 12 months old, and she was very near to untrainable, plus I was new to the dog training bit anyway.

The only problem with her was steadiness. I would train her for days/months and attain a respectable degree, and then when the devil took her away she went. So, I learned to accept her good points (marvellous nose, fearless to stupidity and an excellent retriever on land and water).

Oh, and as a companion she damned near saved my life when I was under so much stress that it was unbelievable - morbid but true.

Time to sign off methinks

LB - your are a very lucky man.

Don

Cheer up! you make it sound like your dogs already passed away :lol:

I will get a dog sometime. Best companion you can have out in the field I have been told :lol:

Apologies for sounding miserable Hunter, but as a shooting companion Sally can just about manage a 400 yards walk now, and the wife is dead set against a replacecment as she was such a sod when she was young.

Perhaps I sounded too critical about her performance as well, as the fault is probably entirely all mine. I got her as a stupid womans reject - she wanted a docile house dog and bought a working cocker! So, I bought Sally when she was almost 12 months old, and she was very near to untrainable, plus I was new to the dog training bit anyway.

The only problem with her was steadiness. I would train her for days/months and attain a respectable degree, and then when the devil took her away she went. So, I learned to accept her good points (marvellous nose, fearless to stupidity and an excellent retriever on land and water).

Oh, and as a companion she damned near saved my life when I was under so much stress that it was unbelievable - morbid but true.

Don

I know what you mean, I kept two birds (cockatiels) and they really do warm your heart when you feel down. They dont know whats all wrong with our world, and they carry on enjoying theres like nothing is wrong. This always makes you feel better like theres a bit of hope :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheer up! you make it sound like your dogs already passed away :unsure:

I will get a dog sometime. Best companion you can have out in the field I have been told :blink:

Don

I know what you mean, I kept two birds (cockatiels) and they really do warm your heart when you feel down. They dont know whats all wrong with our world, and they carry on enjoying theres like nothing is wrong. This always makes you feel better like theres a bit of hope :yes:

i dont think its a good thing that there is so much depresshion running along side with so many guns :/