Can't wait to get my cholesterol count!

GW80

Any one else have to get this done, we have a history of heart trouble in our family, so have to get a blood check every so often, my last count was 4.8 but reckon after the last few days and days to come it will be round the 7 mark!! Bring on the brandy butter and Fresh cream dessert i ate a few hours ago!!

Had the blood test last Monday and wife did - it's her first and I bet it's OK - She can stuff Cadbury's dairy milk down her like no tomorrow. Mine was 4.8 last time and hope it is still around there. Won't know till after new year - got X-Ray result's to come as well.

Dave

I wAs told the other week that my favourite thing prawns are very high which surprised me

I wAs told the other week that my favourite thing prawns are very high which surprised me

Should not surprise you , all shel fish have very high cholesterol in them.

They are my favorite too ,but......

Isn't grapefuit very good at reducing cholesterol? I think pink is the best :blink:

probably why it can't be eaten by us on statins :hmm:

I think lifestyle and diet are more important TBH, my brother in law is in his mid forties, has smoked since he was 13, eats cheese every day, loves prawns, never even walks if he can drive, and he's just had a massive heart attack :look:

Luckily he's on the mend with medication and a strict diet, I can't stand the d1ck myself but thinking of sister! :lol:

Edited by jacksdad

Then youll be happy to know that the latest research has shown that the cholesterol in prawns is not a type that the body can utilise and accumilate, therefore prawns, which are one of my favourite food sare safe...AND so are boiled eggs!!!!! which fall under the same classification....AND I really love boiled eggs!!!