bagder baiting

northeastshooter

You really don't much clue about things if you don't know the law on pigeon shooting and you are supposed to be a face of shooting.....Oh dear.

But you can shoot a pigeon in your garden if under the terms of the General Licence i.e crop protection. nothing wrong in that.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you can shoot a pigeon in your garden if under the terms of the General Licence i.e crop protection. nothing wrong in that.

True, you have to prove you have crops to protect in your back garden. This was never the case before the change in the general licence when any bird on that list was fair game. Now you have to prove you were shooting for a reason.

You really don't much clue about things if you don't know the law on pigeon shooting and you are supposed to be a face of shooting.....Oh dear.

I really don't know why you've made it your personal mission to pick a fight with me? Normally I'd give you a good ignoring, but I'm feeling indulgent and generous. So just this once, as a special treat, I shall oblige.

You're the one whose reserve of clues is somewhat depleted :yes: I know the law fine well. Pigeon shooting is NOT, as you claim illegal :no: Whilst you are obliged to meet certain conditions (as with most forms of shooting, and many other activities), provided you do so, it is perfectly legal. I presume you are trying to demonstrate your superior knowledge by alluding to the GL? Well it may come as a surprise to you that most of us on PW are well aware of its content and our obligations under it.

Your ridiculous statement is like saying duck shooting is illegal, which it is if you use lead or do it out of season, or driving a car down the high street is illegal, which it is if you are only 10 years old etc etc.

"Supposed to be a face of shooting", what does that mean?? Are you confusing me with David BASC? I'm a bloke who sometimes goes shooting. I sometimes ride a motorbike, I sometimes go for a curry and I sometimes multitask by reading the paper whist having a dump. It may surprise you to learn that I don't consider my self to be some kind of figurehead or representative for any of those activities.

Right, you've used your allowance of my generosity. You can carry on your "argument" (doh, I'm being generous again!) with someone else :yes:

Thanks for being so open Noel :good: I accept that digging for badgers is not the same as baiting them and that it was once legal. The point is that it is now illegal (and pigeon shooting is not, so not a great analogy :no: ) so anyone who does it, is blatantly breaking the law. What other laws are they willing to break?

I admire your honesty but although I don't put illegal digging in quite the same category as baiting, IMHO it is still wrong. I said in an earlier post that I accept there's a case for badger control, but it should be done by legal, humane methods.

It is illegal to shoot pigeons for sport, how many times have i read on pw that there are no pigeons on the crops they are on the berries/acorns how do i get them back on the rape/wheat/peas. If they are not bothering the crops is it illegal to shoot them.So if all those people who are shooting pigeons illegally(for sport)what other laws are they prepared to break

Geordie devils advocate

Edited by geordieh

Glad somone else can multi task too, I always keep a large quantity of readable shooting material in each bog!. Badger baiting is cruel. I have no problem with a dog administering a killer bite as in fox hunting, but in this case i believe it was pure sport.

• 2 months later...

Just seen on skynews that 7people were caught near york got 16weeks prison sentence only do 8 and 850pound fine think its to harsh or not harsh enough

personally i would cut their nadgers off as they obviously have very small ****** anyway so dont need them :angry: They are scum and no-one will ever convince me that the baiting any animal is ethical :no: -