bagder baiting

northeastshooter

Just the sort of reply I was expecting. What can you expect from a pig but a grunt.

that's a classic :lol: i'll have to remember that one,

Not all dog men are ****** or closet psychotic homo's, there was a genuine need for this type of dog once upon a time (still is in my opinion) but the powers that be in their wisdom have played around with legislation and banned foxing with dogs etc, a good friend of mine owns a couple of these and his question to me was "what am i supposed to do with them, put them down? they're his dogs, mans best friend and all that, he's kind of attatched to them... :good:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not every guy or girl who owns a bull x is a badger baiter .the bull x make a great lamping tool on the fox even rabbit they do have a burst of speed not held for hare thou :good: .badgers been transported for large sums of money :lol: :lol: :lol: yet to hear of 1 case and proved.it is a lot of hear say started by the RSPCA :good: the word badger baiter came around when one fool from hemel hempstead bought a dog for digging which turnd out to be ****. he then pitted it against a pitbull of pure breed and video'd the kill and sent it back to the lad who sold him the dog .but he left pics on the video of him with lined up dead badgers after a dig .any decent terrierman knows how to dig badgers and not every digger is a baiter .but i am sure a lot of pigeon shooters will know a lot better they read it some place . :good:

not every guy or girl who owns a bull x is a badger baiter .the bull x make a great lamping tool on the fox even rabbit they do have a burst of speed not held for hare thou :good: .badgers been transported for large sums of money :lol: :lol: :lol: yet to hear of 1 case and proved.it is a lot of hear say started by the RSPCA :good: the word badger baiter came around when one fool from hemel hempstead bought a dog for digging which turnd out to be ****. he then pitted it against a pitbull of pure breed and video'd the kill and sent it back to the lad who sold him the dog .but he left pics on the video of him with lined up dead badgers after a dig .any decent terrierman knows how to dig badgers and not every digger is a baiter .but i am sure a lot of pigeon shooters will know a lot better they read it some place . :good:

Well that's ok then :blink: . There aren't mutters around that get animals to fight to the death for sport, they do it in spite.

So apart from your example of the 'innocent' dog fighting/badger digging video being mistaken for badger baiting, it doesn't happen? People don't dig badgers then pit them against dogs for 'fun'? Genuine question, do you think badger baiting doesn't happen?

What your account tells me, is that people who dig badgers (itself illegal), also think dog fighting is OK. I find it hard to accept that people who find it morally acceptable to illegaly kill badgers and dogs for sick kicks would somehow baulk at combining the two :no:

If your assertion that all terrier men know how to dig badgers is meant to be reasurring, it's anything but.

Noel, you seem quite well informed on all of this and I confess I'm not. Can I ask you, what's your honest no holds barred views on dog fighting, badger digging and badger baiting?

Edited by Blunderbuss

I've got to agree somewhat with dazsl's comments. Where i live the ***** that go badger baiting all seem to have these bull/mastif/lurcher/collie crosses. Sheep, deer carcasses are regularly found in the area. These dogs are used to hunt and run down their prey. Killing for killings sake, animals are killed for fun, not poached for food. Even a lama has been found slaughtered. I can understand using a lurcher to hunt for rabbits, but what purpose does an over muscular mastif/lucher cross serve other to chase down and kill larger animals.

You have just quoted the same with what is happening on the other topic where shooters are leaving quarry where it is shot where it drops or stuffed in hedges. There are idiots on every side so don't try and paint you guys a whiter than white.

As a person who stalks deer, I have personally found deer peppered with shot. I guess that is the poachers not the guys with permission that stumble over deer is it.... :lol:

You have just quoted the same with what is happening on the other topic where shooters are leaving quarry where it is shot where it drops or stuffed in hedges. There are idiots on every side so don't try and paint you guys a whiter than white.

As a person who stalks deer, I have personally found deer peppered with shot. I guess that is the poachers not the guys with permission that stumble over deer is it.... :lol:

Ritchie10 i hope you're not calling me a poacher :lol: The problem isn't the dogs it is some of the people that own them and what they encourage the dogs to do. My friend lost 11 sheep from a flock of twenty, over half of his investment lost to someone's warped pastime but i accept that there are are good and bad in all walks of life

So apart from your example of the 'innocent' dog fighting/badger digging video being mistaken for badger baiting, it doesn't happen? People don't dig badgers then pit them against dogs for 'fun'? Genuine question, do you think badger baiting doesn't happen?

What your account tells me, is that people who dig badgers (itself illegal), also think dog fighting is OK. I find it hard to accept that people who find it morally acceptable to illegaly kill badgers and dogs for sick kicks would somehow baulk at combining the two :no:

If your assertion that all terrier men know how to dig badgers is meant to be reasurring, it's anything but.

Noel, you seem quite well informed on all of this and I confess I'm not. Can I ask you, what's your honest no holds barred views on dog fighting, badger digging and badger baiting?

to inform you a little more i have in my time dug countless badgers pre ban and in the correct manor 1 dog digging . your dog is your tool you will only get back what you put into him treat him ruff he will bite you in the end . badger baiting is for fools no respect for there dogs at all . badger digging does go onto day but not all diggers are baiters but they all get painted with the same brush .if you are caught digging badger as form of control you directly become a baiter weather your on your own or 2/3 friends helping out a bit like the gun slingers over xmass killing friends and family does that make all pigeon shooters a danger to the public NO .

to inform you a little more i have in my time dug countless badgers pre ban and in the correct manor 1 dog digging . your dog is your tool you will only get back what you put into him treat him ruff he will bite you in the end . badger baiting is for fools no respect for there dogs at all . badger digging does go onto day but not all diggers are baiters but they all get painted with the same brush .if you are caught digging badger as form of control you directly become a baiter weather your on your own or 2/3 friends helping out a bit like the gun slingers over xmass killing friends and family does that make all pigeon shooters a danger to the public NO .

Thanks for being so open Noel :good: I accept that digging for badgers is not the same as baiting them and that it was once legal. The point is that it is now illegal (and pigeon shooting is not, so not a great analogy :no: ) so anyone who does it, is blatantly breaking the law. What other laws are they willing to break?

I admire your honesty but although I don't put illegal digging in quite the same category as baiting, IMHO it is still wrong. I said in an earlier post that I accept there's a case for badger control, but it should be done by legal, humane methods.

I dont really understand your comment Noel you say you dug them pre ban, badgers were protected before the Hunting with Dogs Act came into force, or were you digging under license from the Ministry

Pretty sure he is referring to when digging badgers was legal which was long before the 2004 Hunting Act.

FM :)

Edited by Ferret Master

Thanks for being so open Noel :good: I accept that digging for badgers is not the same as baiting them and that it was once legal. The point is that it is now illegal (and pigeon shooting is not, so not a great analogy :no: ) so anyone who does it, is blatantly breaking the law. What other laws are they willing to break?

I admire your honesty but although I don't put illegal digging in quite the same category as baiting, IMHO it is still wrong. I said in an earlier post that I accept there's a case for badger control, but it should be done by legal, humane methods.

Just like people who speed break laws, do they then become shoplifters?

You sound like a policeman, if you are willing to break one law then another is just around the corner.

Laws brought in by a group of people that have criminal records themselves. Blair lied about the WMD's but you still see this ban as good?

Pigeon shooting is illegal but allowed under certain rules, I cannot shoot a pigeon in the back of the garden or for sport. So when you guys say you had a sporting day you are breaking the law, it is only done to protect crops.

You only see shooting as humane, so how would you shoot badgers, wait for them to come out of their sets and blast them with NV and a rifle, trap them. As a rifle shooter and a realist i know that shooting isn't always humane. Any method of killing is cruel, that's the way life goes, don't try and justify yourself by using the words humane when infact it is meaningless.

Is it humane to shoot a flying pigeon or just sporting? We know what can happen so don't kid yourself.

Just like people who speed break laws, do they then become shoplifters?

You sound like a policeman, if you are willing to break one law then another is just around the corner.

Laws brought in by a group of people that have criminal records themselves. Blair lied about the WMD's but you still see this ban as good?

Pigeon shooting is illegal but allowed under certain rules, I cannot shoot a pigeon in the back of the garden or for sport. So when you guys say you had a sporting day you are breaking the law, it is only done to protect crops.

You only see shooting as humane, so how would you shoot badgers, wait for them to come out of their sets and blast them with NV and a rifle, trap them. As a rifle shooter and a realist i know that shooting isn't always humane. Any method of killing is cruel, that's the way life goes, don't try and justify yourself by using the words humane when infact it is meaningless.

Is it humane to shoot a flying pigeon or just sporting? We know what can happen so don't kid yourself.

Sorry but that is so rambling and and incoherent, I don't know where to begin. WMD? This is a thread about badger baiting! Badger digging was banned long before Blair - in 1973, what's Blair got to do with it? Do you ignore every law passed since, or just that one :hmm:

Pigeon shooting under the general licence illegal? :no:

Any method of killing cruel? :no:

The word humane meaningless? :no:

If you think shooting is inherently "cruel" and there is no such thing as attempting to be humane, then I pity your quarry :/

Edited by Blunderbuss

Sorry but that is so rambling and and incoherent, I don't know where to begin. WMD? This is a thread about badger baiting! Badger digging was banned long before Blair - in 1973, what's Blair got to do with it? Do you ignore every law passed since, or just that one :hmm:

Pigeon shooting under the general licence illegal? :no:

Any method of killing cruel? :no:

The word humane meaningless? :no:

If you think shooting is inherently "cruel" and there is no such thing as attempting to be humane, then I pity your quarry :/

You really don't much clue about things if you don't know the law on pigeon shooting and you are supposed to be a face of shooting.....Oh dear.