American troops urinating on taliban dead

gemini52

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously don't.

The trouble with many keyboard warriers is considered hindsight.

This isn't the movies!

Why does me asking you if you have known the stress of battle make me a 'keyboard warrior'? It was a genuine question because i dont know you and you mentioned the 'stress of battle' in response to my post.

Also please dont think that the military has the monopoly on lifes battles and achievements. Most people can run their lives without having some sadistic geezer screaming at you to do this and do that all day long!

The US military really doesn't do it's self any favours,and the unfortunate thing is that our lads our handcuffed to these ******* idiots.

In the words of Col.Tim Collins,from his speech to troops on the eve of the Iraq war....

"We will bring shame on neither our uniform or our nation."

The Americans would do well to pay heed to sentiments like these.

Why does me asking you if you have known the stress of battle make me a 'keyboard warrior'? It was a genuine question because i dont know you and you mentioned the 'stress of battle' in response to my post.

Also please dont think that the military has the monopoly on lifes battles and achievements. Most people can run their lives without having some sadistic geezer screaming at you to do this and do that all day long!

Yep, but we are talking military here, most peoples jobs don't involve firefights and picking up the few pieces they can find of their mates, yet many civilians still find the need to get plastered on a Friday night to let off steam!!

:good:

In the words of Col.Tim Collins,from his speech to troops on the eve of the Iraq war....

I agree with Tim Collins' sentiments. Are those condoning this saying that this man is stupid?

Yep, but we are talking military here, most peoples jobs don't involve firefights and picking up the few pieces they can find of their mates, yet many civilians still find the need to get plastered on a Friday night to let off steam!!

:good:

We make our choices. Did you know more people are killed each year in the building trade than in the military, police and fire service combined. Maybe if they were public sector workers the publicity would be greater.

I agree with Tim Collins' sentiments. Are those condoning this saying that this man is stupid?

That was a rallying cry, he meant, go out and die bravely for your country, it was nothing to do with getting caught ******* on the enemy!

I know its early in the year,but this must be in the running for worst post this year so far.So,let me get this straight,because we have a different opinion from just another human being we are calling him stupid?Well done,you have reached a new level.Im blaming it on a possibility that you have had a couple of shandies,so sleep it off as it doesnt do you many favours fella.

Did you know more people are killed each year in the building trade than in the military, police and fire service combined.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Yeah, but to be fair I don't think the boys from Taylor Wimpey get involved in too many firefights during a normal working day.

I despair when I read the majority of posts on this thread.

What precisely is the impetus that drives American Marines to **** on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters? This appears to have been done at leisure, in the bright sunshine and was a considered act of desecretion. Is it any different from Afghanis mutiliting and/or dragging the bodies of dead American servicemen behind vehicles? Is it any less worthy of condemnation?

A significant number of posters appear to suggest that the actions of the Marines were acceptable but the filming of the event was wrong or stupid or ill considered. Is it being suggested that actions such as these, and others like them, are acceptable as long as one is not caught? Is that why Western forces are in Afghanistan?

Ultimately an accommodation will have to be reached with the Taliban. Such an eventuality will not be popular on this forum but it will happen. Crass and unworthy acts such as those depicted in the offending photograph will not make this any easier and will simply prolong the conflict.

I totally agree with this post.

And for those of you who say they do worse to your soldiers. I would ask does this make you want to cry and give up or dig in and fight harder?