There are some seriously screwed up "hunters" out there!

m3vert

After reading the thread on here about using a catapult to kill pheasant I done a quick search and found the guy making the "gamekeep poacher catapult" has a forum. There is no doubt he makes a decent product and when used correctly in trained hands is a lethal and effective tool against rabbit, pigeon and gamebirds.

However when you look at the forum it looks like its full of nutters and poachers!! There are some seriously questionable threads on it! The one with the guy going to practice shooting a sheeps head to see if his catapult can penetrate is the worst I've read so far! the guy sounds like a total screw ball :devil: You cant copy the link to the exact thread but follow the link then go to "hunting" and on page 2 there is a post entitled "Head" Honestly the guy sounds like a complete ham shanker!

http://www.gamekeepercatapultsforum.com/

To quote the guy directly from his opening post on the topic

"Just ordered a sheeps head from the butchers with the idea to replicate a deers head ( I might even stick telly ariels on it) as I want to see if I can cause it massive traumatic instant death style damage with 25 and 30 mil steel bearings fired from Excalibor (Pinky Poacher) Is there anythibg so different in the 2 animals skulls that make this test worthless ( I'm not going after big red stags). Doing this with heavyweight Aldi bands cut at an extreme taper 35-15mm. Cheers "

He's quite the stalker this lad!!!

"I remember some time ago some guy in an airgun mag who had a .50 calibre pre charged air rifle called a Puma I think, He'd had it commissioned to shoot deer. I was looking at a guy pulling on a gamekeeper who got 38ft lbs with 12mm lead. I can get the same elastic extension he had, I was thinking pump up the bands ,triple heavy weight Aldi - Davinas' with the extreme taper or triple TBG, cut in extreme taper should produce more than enough poke! I didn't do woodwork at school - I didn't do school ! I know how close I can get to deer - close enough to have a reasonable chance with a brick - but reasonable is not enogh by a long chalk! but a catty? I recon I can do it. I don't shoot permissions, where you go for a few hours and go home, I live outside for days/weeks/months, and know the spaces I hunt much better than the gamekeepers who work there, the people who live there and the rich folk who hunt there - i own my spots! What I'm struggling to say is that I get closer to my prey than anyone I know, I recon I'm strong enough to pull on a catty with enough poke to take out deer. I've never had any probs whatsoever with handguns (taking out deer) but with a 5yr mandatory sentence for illegal ownership - I gave up. But if deer arn't practical prey - I won't do it. I do what I do for cash, I have to know if I have the tools for the job -hence the sheeps head. If anyone can source me a deers head please pm me. I'm too ****** for this it's too seriouse."

THEN:

by bosh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 am

Sorry bods, got all defensive, but cruelty to animals is no laughing matter. If I needed deer for food then I'd probably use a bow, I'd certainly use arrows, shoot it in the chest going for the heart or thereabouts injure and track it. But for cash this approach is completely un acceptable. I want the animals I kill to be unaware of my presence and be dead instantly. As I do it for cash - my soul revolts at the idea of un necessary cruelty - it's just not on - I know this. I truly truly do. I admit that I'm excited by the idea of deer as quarry and I want to kill deer, I have the skills but not the tools, not he legality and certainly not the money. Huntings in me, it's more than what I do, it's what I am, its not all I am but its a lot of it. If I spent more time in school I'd understand the maths, but I don't. If I'd have come accross these types of hunting tools ealier I'd know more - but I don't. I only knew of fishing catties, black widows and diablos, all of these I dismissed as being less efficient than me and my HW80, but late in the day I found Gamekeepers et al,. which put my beautifull rifle to shame. Life begins at 40 they say, I;m just 40 and begin a new era in my life. Where I'm not dreading the alarm going off, where I can't sleep with the excitement of begining a new day in a new way, it ******* killed me waiting for the postie and my Pinky Poacher. Gamekeeper catapults turned the clock back for me, and I'm learning. The maths mean nothing to me that's why its gotta be a sheeps head, as then I'll know, and I have to know, we'll all know, If Ilook a ******* mong to the planet I'll get my **** posted, and then you'll all know - I'm nocruel man. I'm ******* not!

I can't download for ****

bosh

He sounds like a complete fantasist to me. One minute he is smashing his hands to bits because he cant use his catapult and the next he is taking down crocodiles in wildebeest.

Is he on here with the name of a certain New York gunsmith ?? :lol:

Edited by gixer1

instead of carrying out scientific research on hounds that could be put to good use retrieving my pigeons, sureley it would make sense to carry out the research on these dumb animals, :angry: the trouble is, everyone thats involved in any kind of hunting all get tarred with the same brush. :hmm:

can you get sheeps heads from your butchers ?

Yes any butcher worth his salt should be able to supply a sheeps head, you will find plenty recipes by googling,'sheeps head broth'. You may need to heat a poker red hot and singe the wool from the face otherwise its get your apron on ond in with the turnip ,carrots and any old bit of dried pulse or grain lying about. :good:

Blackpowder