Hull super fast cartridges

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right ive shot about 150 of these cartridges today, 27g 7.5 plastic wads!i did 50 dtl and 50 abt...

...comparing them to olympics, (i used 2 olympics and then 2 hulls) alternatively, they have a little bit more recoil than the olympics and seem like a very nice budget load.

if anyone is wondering..both the olympics and the hulls are very clean cartridges ie. they dont make the gun dirty

if i had more money i would be buying more of these as when the offer finishes they wont be making them anymore!

so if anyone wants a nice fast budget load deliverd to your door next day £166 per thousand www.justcartridges.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bostonmicky

fantastic for the price,£148.00 put them through a 687eell and felt no more kick than the olympics i usually use,maybe a touch louder but a great cartridge will be buying a few thousand more before they become hard to get.

Which ground was that, Treetops?

NO that was Brook Bank near Cheddar in Somerset, Not sure if treetops are still selling carts really they keep swapping and changing and are more expensive than the sportsmans which is 10 min down the road....

Edited by HDAV

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to re-awaken an old thread.

Apparently there was (alledgedly) a 100,000 run of these 'never to be repeated' 27g 7.5 Super Fast shells in 67mm cases.

These were widely available at around £150 per 1000. They were characterised by blue cases and a fairly skimpy brass base.

I purchased 2,500 of these and they are indeed a fast punchy cartridge which impressed most who used them. A new batch has

now appeared. Still 67mm. but with a red case and a slightly deeper brass base. Those who have purchased them, at around the

same price, consider them inferior to the original incarnation.

My local dealer informs me an 'improved' version in 70 mm cases and back to 1500+ fps will soon be available, price to be confirmed.

Were I a cynic, I might suggest a bit of double glazing marketing techniques by Hull.

Interesting that the name of these directly references the major negative comments of Hull's other budget cartridge........Being a punchy 27g 70mm might make them ideal for a cheap semi auto friendly load.

Fair point, I would regard them as an 'angry Yorkshire Terrier' of a shell. Lots of noise, but no more fierce than many others. Put 50 through my venerable B325 O/U on Sunday, interspersed by Eley Superbs. No more kick, but no better breaks. For the record, I shoot a cheap semi-auto; A300 Outlander, a slightly classier AL390 and the Browning. Do ok for my age; point the gun the right way, they are going to break. Which ever gun, which ever cartridge. On a bad day, no gun/cartridge is going to help.