Snow brings out the idiots.

CZ550Kevlar

How is it when it snows all common sense goes out of the window? i am fed up of driving along the road playing dodge the snow mountain, also dodge the pedestrian who is playing dodge the snow mountain.

For those that havn`t already guessed i`m talking about the idiots that shovel snow of their driveways and paths and leave it straight across the public footpath and across the road forming a massive compacted bank, why do people do that? it`s dangerous for car drivers and people walking on the paths, surely common sense says either pile it up along the front boundary or on your own garden not in everyones way.

I seen the funniest thing, council workmen shoveling snow off the footpath onto the main road, that also happens to be one of the busiest bus routes only to see them back a few hours later shoveling the snow that they had put on the road back on to the path ******* useless!!! :lol:

you want to see something funny in the shropshire star one of our snow ploughs has been wheel clamped :lol: :lol: :lol: in telford

Edited by bunybasher1000

Some folk are stupid that's why they do it. Look at the tos$ers who put bloody fog lights on in a bit of rain or light snow, if you can see the car in front at hundreds of yards turn the ba$tard fog light off. It makes me feel like rigging a red filtered spot light up on the back of my car just for these folk. the police should do more about these types of road hazards instead of just targeting speeding motorists.

ATB figgy

Some folk are stupid that's why they do it. Look at the tos$ers who put bloody fog lights on in a bit of rain or light snow, if you can see the car in front at hundreds of yards turn the ba$tard fog light off. It makes me feel like rigging a red filtered spot light up on the back of my car just for these folk. the police should do more about these types of road hazards instead of just targeting speeding motorists.

ATB figgy

I agree with you 100% :good:

i shovelled our snow into the hedge. Then gritted the driveway, the road outside my drive, and the junction at bottom of lane. Thats my good citizen bit done this week...

wasn't someone sued recently for gritting the path outside their house......when it froze icy the next morning and someone fell, they successfully sued stating that if someone takes on gritting a path they should do it all the time.....the court listened to them :angry:

do your own land but not other's or the public highway

and back on topic......."common sense aint that common"

I shovelled the snow away from outside mine and a few elderly folks and dug the cars out, I cleared the path and road, then went out, when I got back the neighbours had parked their cars outside mine as they are too damn lazy to clear their own, when I collared them, all I got was,

"its too dangerous to park outside our own house, I will slip over in my heels" :angry::angry::angry:

I shovelled the snow away from outside mine and a few elderly folks and dug the cars out, I cleared the path and road, then went out, when I got back the neighbours had parked their cars outside mine as they are too damn lazy to clear their own, when I collared them, all I got was,

"its too dangerous to park outside our own house, I will slip over in my heels" :angry::angry::angry:

Nice!

wasn't someone sued recently for gritting the path outside their house......when it froze icy the next morning and someone fell, they successfully sued stating that if someone takes on gritting a path they should do it all the time.....the court listened to them :angry:

I take your point, but I dont believe anyone around here whould do that, and also, if a court ruled that against me I'd have had enough with this country at that point.

How is it when it snows all common sense goes out of the window? i am fed up of driving along the road playing dodge the snow mountain, also dodge the pedestrian who is playing dodge the snow mountain.

For those that havn`t already guessed i`m talking about the idiots that shovel snow of their driveways and paths and leave it straight across the public footpath and across the road forming a massive compacted bank, why do people do that? it`s dangerous for car drivers and people walking on the paths, surely common sense says either pile it up along the front boundary or on your own garden not in everyones way.

Your not wrong there, i went to pull out of my drive yesterday and could'nt belive my eyes as a fiesta van went past towing a small boy behind on his sledge. i followed them for about a mile as they were going the way i wanted to the kid could of only been about 8 or 9 and a few times he came out from behind the car, so if a car came the other way he proberbly would of been hit. luckiley none passed when he did. i bibbed and flashed my lights but the cock driving took no notice. the kid was having a great time but no way would i do that with my kids, unless i was on a private road or somewhere where i knew there was no other traffic. he was getting up to about 30mph so if he fell off he could of got hurt even if he didnt get splatterd by an oncoming car.

Your not wrong there, i went to pull out of my drive yesterday and could'nt belive my eyes as a fiesta van went past towing a small boy behind on his sledge. i followed them for about a mile as they were going the way i wanted to the kid could of only been about 8 or 9 and a few times he came out from behind the car, so if a car came the other way he proberbly would of been hit. luckiley none passed when he did. i bibbed and flashed my lights but the cock driving took no notice. the kid was having a great time but no way would i do that with my kids, unless i was on a private road or somewhere where i knew there was no other traffic. he was getting up to about 30mph so if he fell off he could of got hurt even if he didnt get splatterd by an oncoming car.

I passed a car going through a village with plenty of traffic yesterday while towing a kid on a sledge. I find it amazing that people can be so stupid, yet I expect that if they'd had an accident they'd manage to make it someone else's fault.

Billy put this up earlier

oh and we havnt got any snow up here :no:

:shaun:

If you think thats bad then get a load of this ... I was driving my Fiesta Van through Essex the other day and was towing my mate lad... hes only about 8 or 9 along on a sledge behind at bout 30mph... you know just enough to get the adrenaline pumping... there was no traffic around,

anyways this wally behind was right up my **** , flashing his lights and beeping his horn... you'd think he'd of left a tidy gap between us given the conditions :sly:

What a plonker :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :yp:

If you think thats bad then get a load of this ... I was driving my Fiesta Van through Essex the other day and was towing my mate lad... hes only about 8 or 9 along on a sledge behind at bout 30mph... you know just enough to get the adrenaline pumping... there was no traffic around,

anyways this wally behind was right up my **** , flashing his lights and beeping his horn... you'd think he'd of left a tidy gap between us given the conditions :sly:

What a plonker :rolleyes:

I left a good distance between us at least 10 ft I never tailgate its dangerous.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :yp: