weekends outings

mrpip

Went out Saturday strong winds & chance of rain forecast so decided to stay local, got to rape field at 07.15 just walking down tree line & pigeons started coming to the trees 50ish in a number of small groups . Quickly got set up rotor & 20 assorted plastics, had a very steady few some nice shots with wind. Got to 12 o’clock & had 20 picked then never saw a pigeon till half two, then same again had a few more coming plenty more moving about in the distance, stuck it out till death finished with 32 picked up. Big improvement on the last 2 weekends

post-13005-0-76539200-1329760392.jpg

Went to another permission Sunday, got to farm 12 o’clock no number of pigeons on any of the rape, set up on boundary of a large block which is usually a good flight line. Just stuck rotor out, had 2 straight away then a civil helicopter landed on a wheat field next to me sat there for about 10 mins with blades spinning then left (strange one??). Then a women was walking the boundary checking the hedges & ditches for the stewardship scheme, never usually see a soul round here, we were stood talking about wildlife in general when a dozen pigeon decoyed perfect, **** law. Then about half four 7 pheasant were out on the rape 50 yds up the hedgerow, noticed a fox working its way slowly to the pheasants, they just moved out into the field a couple of yds away & it walked straight through them. Owner won’t allow fox shot on this farm so got camera ready, it stopped 20 yds off the hide & stood there watching the rotor managed to get a picture (pheasants in background). Finished up with 9 picked the last one at 5 o’clock, then walking back to the landie I tripped on a tractor rut ended up going **** over t*t took all impact on my right knee & left shoulder, laid there on me back could not get up, all my gear under me & straps tight across my chest, dog thought it was a game & dived on me (go for help Lassie, not a prayer). Managed to get myself up sat on me bucket well winded don’t think I’ll forget this day in a hurry. Cheers

post-13005-0-78142800-1329760480.jpg

post-13005-0-47530600-1329760522.jpg

Great picture of the fox and well done on resisting the shot, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have been able to resist taking the opportunity.

shootings been my passion 30 plus years now ollie, shot plenty of foxes in that time, this farm is arable no serious game shooting, leave fox & hares alone as requested farmer believes in a balance, another permission different story would have got both barrels.

shootings been my passion 30 plus years now ollie, shot plenty of foxes in that time, this farm is arable no serious game shooting, leave fox & hares alone as requested farmer believes in a balance, another permission different story would have got both barrels.

Fair play mate and at the end of the day you have to stick to the farmers ground rules :good: