gamebore black gold

I pay £38 for a slab (250), didnt think that was too expensive?

WelshLamb, that's an absolute bargain, using the Just Cartridges website as a price comparison tool they are selling a slab for £62.75.

The 1000 rate for the 28g fibre load is £234.75 which is right up there with the most expensive of the clay loads, not many any dearer than that. I have shot one box of these some time ago, the nearest I can describe the experience was it was just as I would imagine firing a surface to air missile :o :o :o it was dreadful, the punchiest recoil I can ever remember.

Could not recommend them unless you have shoulders of steel. The Hull Pro One fibre on the other hand is one of the two fibre loads that I really rate, smooth and virtually indistinguishable from the plaswad version. The other is the Eley VIP Fibre.

If you are not sure what you want why not buy 2 boxes (50) of each and then you can decide if either of those two suit you?

Potter

I bought some for a driven day this year and I just could not get on with them too fast for me I swapped back to using Clear Pigeon Plastic 6shot 32g, and the birds started dropping, I just was not use to the speed of them.

Good carts, over priced normally.

Alan

Guest cookoff013

I bought some for a driven day this year and I just could not get on with them too fast for me I swapped back to using Clear Pigeon Plastic 6shot 32g, and the birds started dropping, I just was not use to the speed of them.

Good carts, over priced normally.

Alan

prolly isnt the speed that was the issue. super fast shells have a habbit of producing "no" pattern.

Edited by cookoff013

At my local shop there £8.70 for a box of 30g #6, at that price they can stay on the shelf. I'll stick with the clear pigs at 5.10 and three crowns I think are the others I use. The cheapest on the shelf gets put in the boot of the car. Shooting is expensive without having the name and a posh case making it more. They kill just as many and miss just as many. A friend uses them for clays and his scores are no different to my 3.80 a box ones. I buy them by the thou or 500, that's just an individual box price to compare with

I have shot their game versions, 32g 5s/6s thought they were impressive..it might just be my old ears but thought they were v.loud but v.good.

Looking at their prices now though I don't buy them anymore. I have not shot their clay shells,but knowing gamebore they will be as good as any other.

Digweed uses them at longer clays/game/pigeon shooting but I guess if we got them for free we all would too!

..... The cheapest on the shelf gets put in the boot of the car. Shooting is expensive without having the name and a posh case making it more. They kill just as many and miss just as many. A friend uses them for clays and his scores are no different to my 3.80 a box ones....

For pigeons you don't anything super special, agreed. If you need anything better than the ordinary the IMHO Black Gold are up there.

Maybe you are a better shot than your friend?

Sorry but no shell out there will make you hit more or less. It's confidence, no more no less.

and ain't that the truth :good::good:

Have believed/known this is the case for years but the idiot that lurks in the space between my ears is constantly trying to persuade me that dearer must be better, high brass must hit harder than low brass, shiny case obviously patterns better than see through ribbed case. Everyone knows this surely :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

I KNOW that Eley Firsts or Olympics will not affect my scores by one single percent over the Superbs I usually use and once or twice a year I'll buy a thousand of the Olympics but I always seem to slip back. This bloody brain of mine is costing me a fortune :lol:

Potter