Why do the English

magman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as at the dentist , I save my cavities for my ten yearly ordeal , when I pay my £300 the rest of them sign a chit and off they go . I feel a right chump too when I am the only one paying for the prescription . The ones who get the free medicines should be given free johnnies to reduce the numbers of spongers .

oh really...please explain more... :hmm: :hmm:

"must not argue, must not argue, must not argue"

:shaun:

:good:

Aye here we go agin,moan moan moan,Scotland get them free,N.I. Get them free,and Wales get them free too.Seems the English are paying for all of us,and your still complaining on a shooting forum ?Why don't you complain to your M.P. You voted for them,thay make the rules.And by the by, In Scotland,not only is the council tax frozen for yet another year,some councils ar actually reducing it :good:

are you subsidising this too ?

Aye here we go agin,moan moan moan,Scotland get them free,N.I. Get them free,and Wales get them free too.Seems the English are paying for all of us,and your still complaining on a shooting forum ?Why don't you complain to your M.P. You voted for them,thay make the rules.And by the by, In Scotland,not only is the council tax frozen for yet another year,some councils ar actually reducing it :good:

yes

That's never done any good as half of them ******* are Scottish too - and let's not start the issue of Scottish MPs voting on English issues :no:

:D

Edited by Bagsy

Why not ? In Scotland we have more Pandas than we have torry MP's yet we are governed by them from Westminster,for now

It's going slightly off-topic but if the UK breaks up none of the former member states can remain members of the EU but would have to re-apply individually. There is not a cat in hell's chance of an independant England voting in a referendum to join the EU. So Scotland, will you please please please GET ON WITH IT!

It's going slightly off-topic but if the UK breaks up none of the former member states can remain members of the EU but would have to re-apply individually. There is not a cat in hell's chance of an independant England voting in a referendum to join the EU. So Scotland, will you please please please GET ON WITH IT!

What makes you think that the liblabcon machine would give us a referendum? :rolleyes:

What makes you think that the liblabcon machine would give us a referendum? :rolleyes:

They wouldn't. But in an independant England the Libs and Labs would likely be a spent force and the default setting for English politics would take a huge swing to the right. Cameron's leftist appeasement would be suicidal. He would become a Blairite candidate of the centre-left (which is what he is anyway) and the political mainstream would belong to the grass-roots Tory right either bolstered or challenged by the forces of what is now UKIP. Either way the Libconlab machine would be in bits on the floor.

England would be ungovernable without a referendum. This is why Labour is desperate that Scotland votes to keep the union and conversely why I for one would dearly love to see them tear it apart.

Pay for prescriptions when the scotch and welsh get there's free ?

Because that's how we choose to spend our share of the taxes raised in the UK (of which I pay the same percentage as any other worker on the same wage in the UK), England obviously spends THEIRS on education unlike the Scottish or Welsh. :yp: :yp: Then again maybe not :yp:

Pedantic..... me?! Oh, wrong thread :blush:

Edited by Heilan Coo

Because that's how we choose to spend our share of the taxes raised in the UK (of which I pay the same percentage as any other worker on the same wage in the UK), England obviously spends THEIRS on education unlike the Scottish or Welsh. :yp: :yp: Then again maybe not :yp:

Pedantic..... me?! Oh, wrong thread :blush:

How Scotland chooses to spend its central funds is immaterial. The fact remains that Scotland has available to spend 10 billion more per year than it is able to raise in taxation within its own borders. That surplus comes from the rest of the UK, which means since Wales and Northern Ireland are also in deficit, England.

It is right and proper that a nation targets resources within its borders to give extra support to poorer regions. Thats normal, its what every other nation does. But redistribution is only tenable when the same spending rules apply thoughout the country, otherwise what you get is worse than a postcode lottery, its postcode opportunism.

Given the inveterate resentment in Scotland toward all things English I cannot see how the normal fiscal arrangements of political union can ever function smoothly. The union made sense when there was an empire to run. It makes no sense at all now. It was deeply unpopular on both sides of the border when it was formed and 300 years later nothing has changed. Alex Salmond is right about one thing if nothing else, Scotland and England would enjoy far friendlier relations if they were seperate countries. Whether Scotland will wish to continue offering free university education and health care for the entire population of the EU when it would be paying the bill on its own remains to be seen. Particularly when the EU, post independence, would, if we are denied our referendum, include England.

I think you find that when Ireland is reunified we will still unfortunately still be members of the EU.

away and no talk ****,the council in question has made cuts and savings to do this .Go and read something about Scottish politics instead of quoting from English rags

no

Why not ? In Scotland we have more Pandas than we have torry MP's yet we are governed by them from Westminster,for now

Panda's talk more sense :yp:

Edited by shaun4860