cheapest small car

chrispti

I can lease you any number of small cars. For the c1 it would be a little over £100/month with very little initial payment. Our best deal is a Volvo v60 which.starts at about £200/month depending on mileage covered.

The new VW Up is great too and I can sort one if those for about 130/month

In case your wondering I run a leading company. If you want any more info pm me.

If not good luck with the hunt

for really cheap motoring my ex used to have a 1.2 clio cost a grand, cheap tax and insurance and returned 50mpg sold after two years for slightly more than we paid for it. (mostly due to an immobiliser fault that I fixed) buying anything new stuffs up the fuel saving once you factor in depreciation

To be honest small cars are all much the same new or old, if you look at a ten year old clio or corsa and compare them to a modern one for driving comfort and mpg i think there is very little difference. By buying newish any money you save on tax and mots is wiped out by the fact you pay a lot in the first place. I would go for something built around 2000, low mileage (as alot old by old ladies) petrol or diesel would not make too much difference in that size car. If you want really cheap go for a little petrol motor and put an lpg kit on it.

Edited by ferguson_tom

best MPG on Mway may not be from a 1.0 round town they are better but if you drive not for max economy but to get where you are going the little engines can struggle something well mainted with skinny energy tyres and driven gently is the key the Ka 1.3 engine wasn't great 1.4 TDI polo/ibiza or 1.3cdti corsa is what i would be looking at. Depends on budget....

I can lease you any number of small cars. For the c1 it would be a little over £100/month with very little initial payment. Our best deal is a Volvo v60 which.starts at about £200/month depending on mileage covered.

The new VW Up is great too and I can sort one if those for about 130/month

In case your wondering I run a leading company. If you want any more info pm me.

If not good luck with the hunt

As above, it's a no brainer. You need a small car for motorway miles that's also very cheap to run. Get yourself a modern small diesel on lease often for as little as 3 months rental up front which could be less than £500 and you're in a brand new car with no mechanical or MOT worries for three years and in all likelihood it'll be a nil road tax job anywho. In safety and comfort terms it'd beat any 10 year old car and when the term's up you get another one instead of trying to sell a moon miler.

Thanks for all the replies, theres plenty to consider, looks like I will have some homework to do.

I have the cash to buy a car so I dont need to lease (thank you for the offer though)

when I say new/ used, i meant a newish used, 1 owner jobby, so I will trawl the net this evening and read up on all of your suggestions.

Thanks again :good:

£150 a month + Fuel/insurance is cheap motoring considering most come with full warranty and break down etc.

What would a base Mini Diesel cost to lease? Or a Mito 1.3JDTM?

the headline figures cheap but they won't be fully maintained, will have a fairly low mileage limit and wo betide any scratches and dings when you come to give it back.

Wife has had a C1 for the last few years she loves it £20 tax £100 fully comp well into 60mpg very reliable and it goes like s--t of a stick. I have just started to drive it myself and I was delighted with it they will cruise at the leagal limit as they are very high geared well worth a look.

Peter