petrol and deisel rip off

evo

why why why :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: are we constantly being ripped off at the pump :hmm: son ran out of petrol last night and it was £7 for a can(cos my three eaten by squizzers) and to **** me off totally i could not even fill it with £7,,what a joke,,and in two weeks it will go up again ,its a rip off ,total ripoff :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Because the government is both greedy and is also short of money from the poor ways that the previous government ran the country. After all, they need to charge as much as possible to fund the wars to kill our people abroad...

It is terrible, running a car costs a fortune in many ways but fuel is by far the worst expense. And of course the people controlling the fuel prices are wealthy enough not to be affected by it.

It makes life hard for everyone, especially those doing haulage and it isn't helping any businesses. And of course the government puts all this tax on the fuel then get upset when they find people trying to save money by using red diesel etc.

It's never a question of 'if' it'll go up any more, but a question of 'when', there is no limit to what it will end up costing.

its scandalous $1.10 a litre with 5c off at the pump,,,,,, dont know how we survive driving.

what you guys paying now??

Martin.

around 4 times what your paying,,but at least a bag of sugar is cheaper here :lol: :lol: :lol:

around 4 times what your paying,,but at least a bag of sugar is cheaper here :lol: :lol: :lol:

works if your a sweet tooth, cant stand it myself.....

you guys should drive smaller vehicles maybe

smart cars and stuff like that, i recall a Vauxhall type van with an assuzu motor in it at 70 to the gal,,, cant be all guzzlers like here can they

do landies have the ability to run on four cyls instead of eight,,, or do they do it naturally :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just changed from a gas guzzler mondeo doing 20 mpg to a diesel and not been to the peterol station for a few weeks, unlike before every week getting ripped off at the pumps.

Bad enough paying fuel tax, then we have to pay vat, which is then charged on the fuel tax as well. :( :(

http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/used-cars-for-sale/smart

holly ****,,, have you seen the price of these things ????? second hand as well, not much of an incentive to drive green is it.

Martin.

Thought about getting one of them as a second car to save fuel costs, thinking they cheap to buy, tax and insure, very quickly changed my mind don't know where they dream of the price for them.

LPG has shot up 10p a litre over the last couple of weeks, i thought the price of a barrel of oil had gone down?? oh yes they whack the price of fuel up to cushion the effect of when they drop the prices due to oil price drop.

I drive an LPG van (Citroen Dispatch) and im still not convinced its really the way forward.I filled up today which was 79p a litre and my average mpg is 21.3 which is a mix of town/city driving plus usual dual carriageways at normal speeds.

Lets have cameron reduce fuel duty,its a question of how much can you afford?Cos he will stick it on somewhere else.

In five years we will look back and realise how cheap it was today.And in 40 years when theres non left and the kids are cursing out rampant consumerism i will be dead and with no kids i aim to keep motoring and flying.

Aviation fuel is vat free,***,put duty on that and we can have cheaper fuel at the pumps but holidays and every import will go thru the roof.

It is our own fault,there are too many people on this planet ravaging our resourses and i pity future Generations.

WELL IF YOU CANT DRIVE GREEN HOW DOES PINK LOOK ?? OR WHITE?? BLUE MAYBE ??

all well preserved gas guzzling monsters that would make a British petrol station owner wring his hands together.......

i like the pink one best, it goes rather fast......

I sold my lexus and then traded in an old Fiesta on the scrappage scheme for a little Hyundai but you still need a little excitement. As for Smart cars, I've never owned one but a few friends have and only one still owns one. Overpriced not that nice to drive and not too reliable.

BMsmustangandI10.jpg

We are the new smokers and drinkers.

As smoking and drinking reduces, the Govt. has to get the money from somewhere, so why not the motorists.

They know we have to buy fuel, we cant realistically buy black market fuel like smokers and drinkers can buy their fix.

When they dropped VAT to 15% they increased fuel duty by 2p per litre so they didnt lose out, when VAT went up to 20% they didnt take off the 2p increase,

And dont go blaming the tories, every Govt does it, Labour brought in the fuel escalator remember.

It will never come back to realistic prices.

But seeing as i died on the 1st of March (see other thread) it doesnt bother me anymore

:shaun: