**Fuel Strike ** scare tactics already

huntsman

Only temporary, robbing Peter to pay Paul.

These motorists will not use any more fuel over time, so they might be coining it in now but there'll be a slump when the panic dies down.

Makes you wonder at the desperation of pulling in tax revenue early.

Saw some pitiful sights yesterday coming back from Hodnet, including a gormless bitch who had pulled across the road to try to get into a petrol station, and blocked the lane of traffic going in the opposite direction. Petrol station was gridlocked with panicking wretches and so she just sat there and blocked the traffic. She should have been fined half a million quid, banned for life and slapped hard <_<

Talking to the guy at our little petrol station yesterday, (drove in, filled up, no queue, plenty of fuel, reasonable price btw) he said he had two women proper fighting over his one diesel pump yesterday morning. He knows both of them, they drive about 4 miles a day each on the school run....... go figure. :no:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 2 local filling stations owned privately by the same person/family have stuck 4p on a litre yesterday :angry: :angry:

in my opinion only because of the panic buying !!!.

Good for them.

If I owned a petrol station I would make it 10p a litre or more, once it had all been gobbled up by the panic buyers (knowing that I wouldn't be able to trade for week) would take myself off on a short holiday at their expense :big_boss:

Good for them.

If I owned a petrol station I would make it 10p a litre or more, once it had all been gobbled up by the panic buyers (knowing that I wouldn't be able to trade for week) would take myself off on a short holiday at their expense :big_boss:

You can hardly blame them! You'd have to be stupid not to!

i have been running on fumes last couple of days as local station sold out. went early this morn to make sure i got some and filled up. owner then tells me hes thinking of rationing it to £10 per car and not to return in 24 hours if it stays like this. barmy :yp:

Is anyone else holding off filling up because they don`t want to be seen as a panic buying monkey drone?

No, i filled everything.

It started like this last time,then it actually happened and we were mostly knackered.I bought 1400 ltrs last time and only just had enough.Im the guy at tesco in the dead of night with my debit card ;)

It makes perfect sense to top up one's car before the strike but jerry can filling and storage is rediculous and renders ones' home insurance voidable...unless you tell ones' insurance companies of your petrol storage and see what happens to ones' premiums and excesses.

:yes:

It makes perfect sense to top up one's car before the strike but jerry can filling and storage is rediculous and renders ones' home insurance voidable...unless you tell ones' insurance companies of your petrol storage and see what happens to ones' premiums and excesses.

:yes:

I'd like to see that argument if the petrol is in a concrete storage bunker 200 yards away from the house. We have two full cars anyway and if it all goes belly up there is half a gallon in the lawnmower :lol:

I find it very funny watching the panic caused by people panicking. If only everyone had continued to buy as normal there would be no issues.

I'm quite happy as I have over 3/4 of a tank, don't have to go anywhere apart from shooting and I have plenty for that. Not as easy for some I know.

Full marks to the general public for creating a problem that doesn't exist...

Edited by bedwards1966

I had to bite the bullet yesterday and fill up for my drive home today. The BP was gridlocked and queueing onto the main road. Didn't really want to be part of the panic buying drama but needs must.

Saw a very odd sight, an old boy with a WW2-esk Jerry can bungied onto a small trolley standing in the queue with the cars and bikes :hmm:

Every filling station around Telford is gridlocked with cars everywhere.

ASDA Donnington have people marshalling the cars around the carpark, snaking up and down the isles about 300+ cars there and when you get to the pump £25 maximum refill.

Answer to this problem?

Sack the tanker drivers who go on strike, to set an example to UNITE.

People have got very short memories back to the Miner's strike, where is our mining industry now?

I finally had to get some petrol today as the fuel light in the Beemer came on. Massive queue which weren't helped by there only being one diesel pump so instead of two cars refuelling only one at a time on my side could get some. What really did annoy me was that there is a perfectly good pay at pump facility at Tesco, it seemed that I was the only one aware of it!!

Tanker drivers not striking now !

They never were.

There was only a threat of a possible strike.

And to be exact they have only said they won't strike over Easter.

Yeah what about the magical money that went onto a price of a litre all of a sudden???

Lets just call it tax on the stupid :lol: :lol: