**Fuel Strike ** scare tactics already

huntsman

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all lorries should park up for a fornight, and watch this whole country fall to its knees when theres no fuel at the pumps or food on the shelves :good:

Lorry drivers have to eat as well, great if you're a food delivery drive, not so great if you've got a load of coal etc...

I have just been listening to my bbc regional radio station,one listener called in the chat show said, It is now coming up to the end of the financial tax year,I wonder if Cameron and his shadow party require extra coffers into the tax fund,Fuel is taxed at 90p per litre.

Most people now are filling up their tanks,with more fuel than ever ,is this government tightening the screw and squeezing every last penny out of us,before the end of the tax year????

very good point and I also agree with that comment

whats your thoughts

Edited by huntsman

I have just been listening to my bbc regional radio station,one listener called in the chat show said, It is now coming up to the end of the financial tax year,I wonder if Cameron and his shadow party require extra coffers into the tax fund,Fuel is taxed at 90p per litre.

Most people now are filling up their tanks,with more fuel than ever ,is this government tightening the screw and squeezing every last penny out of us,before the end of the tax year????

very good point and I also agree with that comment

whats your thoughts

I think that it is a load of rubbish personally.

Today while working in Luton i noticed the Shell garage round the corner from the airport was absolutely jam packed and i couldnt understand why because its never that busy.BP (who i have to use-fuel card) are always busy though.

Today they were sold out of unleaded , the dearest diesel only available and limiting drivers to 15 quids worth. Asda around the corner completely sold out so as I was on empty had to queue for half an hour at the one on Hitchin Road roundabout. Did notice the garage was full of Luton cab drivers though and theres a few of them in Luton. Once the word gets out that garage will be empty as well!

I sit on the fence politically, but I do think that this government is faced with the hard task of clawing back some of the money that Labour ****** up the wall and used to create jobs for the boys with. It is a well stated fact in my town that the the local government created so many jobs because they know their works with never vote Tory. As a country we have been paying money hand over fist to bail out other countries and in the long run it is us that is losing out.

We as the British Citizens are left paying more for the good that we want and need and then there are the few workers who decide that even though they are lucky to be in a safe industry (which regardless how much they are paid I think we all agree, tanker driver driver are safe) are now going to strike over their pay and conditions which from the research I have done seems like they are on a pretty good package.

We all have our crosses to bare when it come to work, I had to move from the town I grew up in to a town that is socially the opposite to be able to pursue my choosen career path, it meant upping sticks and taking a lower paid job, but you know what I just deal. I have taken on extra work so that I can afford the things I want and I probably work more hours a week than these drivers and my public sector counterparts.

Strike and union action is pure gread, it is the under educated (im sorry if thats snobby) relying on the bully tactics of an organisation that is out to make money, all because they can not negiotiate their own pay and working contract.

I shall get down off my soap box now

Strike and union action is pure gread, it is the under educated (im sorry if thats snobby) relying on the bully tactics of an organisation that is out to make money, all because they can not negiotiate their own pay and working contract.

I would if I were you before you make more of a fool of yourself.......

Well I listen to your points and found them all to be quite wrong,you haven't done any research,as you will find its NOT about pay, but working conditions.

re, your point: Strike and union action is pure gread, it is the under educated (im sorry if thats snobby) relying on the bully tactics of an organisation that is out to make money, all because they can not negiotiate their own pay and working contract.

How on earth can you make a statement regarding being under educated,And Its certainly not bully tactics, as these haulage companies dictate to the drivers,which impedes on their and our health and safety.

working longer hours ,delivering faster and having quicker turn arounds,when refuelling,can be a major cause of a disaster.

Although I agree on the health and safety grounds,but I disagree very strongly ,how the negotiations have not been met.

Petrol tanker drivers have voted to go on strike, bringing the prospect of fuel shortages across Britain a step closer.

The Unite union, which represents the drivers, said its members voted overwhelmingly in favour of taking industrial action in a row over terms and conditions and safety.

Some 61.1% voted to press ahead with the walkout in the ballot.

Unite has warned that it could bring chaos to the country's forecourts within 48 hours of any action going ahead.

Edited by huntsman

I sit on the fence politically, but I do think that this government is faced with the hard task of clawing back some of the money that Labour ****** up the wall and used to create jobs for the boys with. It is a well stated fact in my town that the the local government created so many jobs because they know their works with never vote Tory. As a country we have been paying money hand over fist to bail out other countries and in the long run it is us that is losing out.

We as the British Citizens are left paying more for the good that we want and need and then there are the few workers who decide that even though they are lucky to be in a safe industry (which regardless how much they are paid I think we all agree, tanker driver driver are safe) are now going to strike over their pay and conditions which from the research I have done seems like they are on a pretty good package.

We all have our crosses to bare when it come to work, I had to move from the town I grew up in to a town that is socially the opposite to be able to pursue my choosen career path, it meant upping sticks and taking a lower paid job, but you know what I just deal. I have taken on extra work so that I can afford the things I want and I probably work more hours a week than these drivers and my public sector counterparts.

Most ironic post of the year so far :lol: :lol: :lol:

KW

How is it ironic.

Everyone is free to express their views and these are mine. I would never knock someone for theres.

Simple mate if you want to knock the "greedy and poorly educated" at least have the sense to check your grammar and spelling.

Cheers KW

Watched a pathetic women put just £2 worth of fuel in her car today just to top it up. The queues would go down if the MINIMUM fill up was £25 worth of fuel per customer. from Auntie. :yes:

Dur - how you going to police that - let them off with the payment? let their pump keep pumping when the tank is full?

Dur - how you going to police that - let them off with the payment? let their pump keep pumping when the tank is full?

Easy, charge them £25, if they can't get it in they didn't need to fill up.

The panic buyers have drained every petrol station within a 5 mile radius of us so :thumbs: to them :no:

the most local 5 fuel stations to me are sold out and dry and the next with any fuel has a 3 mile que to get to it !

If i runn out of fuel its will be BBQ and beer at home and shooting to ! :good:

One of the garages has fuel, but they have closed due to traffic congestion :(

Edited by BerettaSV10

i`m off to fill up the work van tomorrow nite as i normally do every Friday night and that`s my Diesel for the week, least Tesco has the 24 hour self serve bit so all the idiots hopefully have gone. what a stupid state of affairs, and for what reason? by the time they announce the strike people would have used most of the Petrol and it`s back to square one again but worse.

I think the problem is those motorists that run on 1/4 tanks - wait till it's nearly empty then put another 20 quid in - so if they have filled up they are good for a month so queues should in theory tail off.

For as long as I can remember I have run on the full tank system - fill up every week on shopping day - could be 18 quid or 58 quid just depend's on where I have been.

Dave