**Fuel Strike ** scare tactics already

huntsman

Bringing the country to a halt = costing the uk economy millions. Just a couple of examples. Shops run out of stock, bins dont get emptied.I work as a drainage engineer, overflowing sewers because the country has been halted by the union dinosaurs wont serve any purpose.

Said it before, coal and steel industries as well as Rover etc were helped not one iota by paying vermin like Scargill a wage to wave the red flag. Dont like your job? diddums, man up and do something constructive off your own bat.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Lets all strike, let the schools close as food cant be delivered or teachers get in forcing parents to take time off.

I depise the way we are taxed and treated like dirt but lets get real, its not going to happen. Same sort of posts were flying about last fuel crisis. Words not deeds.

£45k a year for driving a tanker.... any bets the the fuel carriers licence is a one day course...

Think they need to wake up, and count themselves lucky they have work with a cracking salary.

JDF

I think you will find that the average salary for such a driver is way less than that figure which has been quoted for a guy working virtually around the clock.

The strike is not about Fuel prices its about pay and conditions, particularly health and safety issues.

Fuel prices are high due to government duty and VAT and thats the way they are going to stay...In fact a bit of research will reveal that we are not paying too much more per mile now than when I got my first sub 20mpg car back in the 70,s. Its incumbant on manufacturers to make vehicles even more fuel efficient and generally thats what they are doing because they realise that the real problem is the dwindling resource.

I have noticed however that even by hiking fuel costs it doesnt stop drivers from going everywhere at 100 miles an hour, or mothers walking there kids a short journey to school or even a fat lazy *** like me driving for a paper when I should be walking.!

With a little bit of sacrifice and effort its amazing how we can all reduce our fuel useage dramatically.

Alcohol fueled cars are the way forward, its easy to produce and would be realatively cheap produced in volume.

Ive plenty of veg in stock, don't think I'll run out for a bit, only need a few litres of derv to start on, not my problem

And I ain't too fussed but the tax on fuel is horrendous and I'd supposed that, but double my wage and more to sit on there ****, not a chance, I work with chemicals at work, and generally alot worse than petrol or diesel. So should I be on more ? Health and safety is basically non existent, but i dont refuse as i need the work, and need the money, there are jobs with many more hazards than driving a tanker. Great wusses, should pull the finger out, I know a few lads with class 1 who would quite happily drive them

Same again this morning,I was out of the house at 7.45 and on the way to work,the queues at the pumps were ridiculous,considering that peoople had plenty of warning yesterday and in the evening to fill up.

Just come home for dinner and found the same situation,queues on forecourts and double the amount on the approach roads to it. :no: :no:

I think all lorries should park up for a fornight, and watch this whole country fall to its knees when theres no fuel at the pumps or food on the shelves :good:

Or alternatively all the guys on the rigs strike and watch the whole country including the lorry drivers fall to their knees! bit of a silly comment isn't it? you can make that point about most services - all are small parts to a bigger mechanism....ban ginsters and petrol station food if you want to annoy the lorry drivers back... :lol:

post-10812-0-37099000-1332846599.jpg

Edited by gixer1

Ok here is a question...

As a student I am sat in my underwear eating cold pizza and revising with the curtains closed... Do I bother to go through the huge indignity of getting dressed before 3pm to go and fill up my very empty car for my 100ish mile journey on Friday? Or do I continue to conform to student stereotypes in my poorly maintained student house not worrying about this impending fuel crisis?

:oops:

£45k a year for driving a tanker.... any bets the the fuel carriers licence is a one day course...

Think they need to wake up, and count themselves lucky they have work with a cracking salary.

JDF

But clearly it won't be a cracking salary if the management have their way :rolleyes:

The executives in the company will no doubt be on large salaries (probably a bonus as well if they reduce the T&C of the drivers), the working class drivers have their T&C eroded whilst other working class people cheer on with "greedy drivers" or "man up" or "they need to wake up" pretty much doing the managements work for them. You couldn't make it up.....working class people helping to drive their fellow working class colleagues salaries down. It's amusing to watch from the sidelines...... :lol:

Ah the good old class system again. When the drivers start to take the same level of decisions and have the same level of experience as the board members then perhaps they will pay them as much.

I'm sure a young chap will look at the tanker drivers salaries in the same way. It's all relevant .

My late father in law was finance director at Asda and was working class- his father was an engine driver on the railways so doesn't that rather blow your class theory out of the water dear boy.

I think all lorries should park up for a fornight, and watch this whole country fall to its knees when theres no fuel at the pumps or food on the shelves :good:

But we don't have the balls as a nation to back them to carry it through.

Edited by margun

The problem is something has to give you had the riots all over the country a few months ago the kids have nothing to aim for they say unemployment is going down 2 million kid a year leave school and never get a mention i think the fuel strike is only the tip off the iceberg the country is like a pot it is simmering at the moment just ready to boil over

Mark

I liked the way the fuel strikes kicked the Labour Government in the backside . This lot need the same x 10 because it is destroying the country . You can say all you want about it being down to the last lot but they can only extract so much from us to make up . I think it is blatantly obvious whose interests are at Camerons' heart and it is none of you folks . Even the ardent Tories who comprise the majority on here .