Loan company keep asking for more

Dougy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dispute the dept to everyone including dept collectors they cannot enforce on a disputed dept let them take you to court if they wish, prove you paid case dismissed costs against them if any job done

You are very mistaken stating that if you dispute a debt then no one can enforce.

Also debt collection companies cannot enforce anything,they have no legal powers to call at your property or seize anything.

You only worry when they take court action,as it will cost to defend yourself, if successful you will get your fees back.

Write to the company asking for a screen shot of your account, this will cost you nothing,they will say it costs money,but a screenshot is free,or if you want everything write asking for all information held by them about you,this should include all written and electronic information, state it is a subject access request,and remind them they have 14 days to comply,or you will be going to the data commissionaire, this usually costs about £10-20 ..

You will then be able to see everything they have on you.

Once you prove they are in the wrong,mention going to every ombudsman you can think of ..

But your best option if you are sure you are right,is to let them know you will be contacting the office of fair trading as you believe they are unfit to have a consumer credit licence,as you are being harassed for a debt you do not owe.

No consumer credit licence= no credit lending or collection of debts.

Good luck.

If they phone give nothing away until you get the caller's name and details.

Then ask them to write to you and explain precisely what it is they say you owe and under what agreement and not to phone again, else you will consider it harassment.

Wait for the letter.

Phone calls count for nothing. It sounds like pester power.

Are you sure it relates to DFS? I didn't think they would back off their credit with anyone as High Street as Santander - I think it might be something else or a scam for you to give up some details.

It happens - keep your powder dry and get as much information as possible so that you have the best understanding possible of precisely what is going on and why.

I still owe you for that photo so if it gets messy send the papers over and I'll get it sorted.

Pays to have the right connections :good:

:shaun:

You are very mistaken stating that if you dispute a debt then no one can enforce.

Also debt collection companies cannot enforce anything,they have no legal powers to call at your property or seize anything.

You only worry when they take court action,as it will cost to defend yourself, if successful you will get your fees back.

Write to the company asking for a screen shot of your account, this will cost you nothing,they will say it costs money,but a screenshot is free,or if you want everything write asking for all information held by them about you,this should include all written and electronic information, state it is a subject access request,and remind them they have 14 days to comply,or you will be going to the data commissionaire, this usually costs about £10-20 ..

You will then be able to see everything they have on you.

Once you prove they are in the wrong,mention going to every ombudsman you can think of ..

But your best option if you are sure you are right,is to let them know you will be contacting the office of fair trading as you believe they are unfit to have a consumer credit licence,as you are being harassed for a debt you do not owe.

No consumer credit licence= no credit lending or collection of debts.

Good luck.

there must be a judgement or its not proven not proven = no bailif or dept collectors they cannot legally enforce it

there must be a judgement or its not proven not proven = no bailif or dept collectors they cannot legally enforce it

Read my second line :good: Of the statement you quoted.

Bailiffs only act on court orders,warrants, writs of fi fa etc

Debt collectors are nothing they have no power to do anything.

I have sorted out all paper work from DFS and uuankander.(Plus bank statements) 100% have paid in full.infact they have recieved £3 too much.

I will see what happens next time we hear from them.

Edited by Dougy

Ring Santander on a nationally advertised telephone number and give your finance reference number and check to see if they have records of the payments, problems or any other info they hold on you. If they say the finance is settled, ask for written proof. This will check whether Santander are chasing you or a scammer pretending to be them, if it's a scammer pass the details over to Santander so they can close them down....

If that doesn't work, I'd get myself down to DFS and start "discussing it loudly" with the manager or salesperson or customers or anyone in front of the sales desks at a busy time (shame you just missed the bank holiday)

Demand they resolve this for you as they arranged the credit, and DFS will be FSA regulated, mention the complaint you are going to write to the FSA & Financial Services Ombudsman, Trading Standards and the letter to the local/national press...

File a small claims court action against Santander and/or DFS (only cost a few quid) claiming compensation for harassment, but please make sure you haven't make any mistakes ref: payments missed etc. I'd aim for compensation of the cost of the sofa, time spent @ £20p/h and an admin fee for each letter sent and all court costs.

An Experian credit report - Costs a massive £2 online - Will let you know if you have any outstanding credit problems from this..... It'll cost you £80, 2 x copies of your proof of payment and a half-day off work to have a county judge "set aside" a wrongful judgement..

Good Luck. :D

Welsh1 is nearest the mark.

A subject access request will throw up what they have. A request for the agreement is useless as they can legally provide you with a reconstituted copy although would have to provide the original in court.

Suggest you visit consumer action group, all one word when you Google it, have a look around there. I have fended off plenty using their help.

Minger, debt collection agencies are anything but fair. They will lie and use whatever means they can to extract money. It's also been exposed on TV.

Golden rule is NEVER call them. Everything in writing.

Eh?

Does anyone ever read what other people write on here :lol:

Scratch that, Dougy, go straight for smearing yourself in human excrement and then staging a sit in at your local High Street branch of the Santander - job jobbed :good:

Eh?

Does anyone ever read what other people write on here :lol:

Scratch that, Dougy, go straight for smearing yourself in human excrement and then staging a sit in at your local High Street branch of the Santander - job jobbed :good:

Just to let you all know. i am now sitting in a small room in what they are telling me is a hospital :blush: seems strange though not seen one like this before.

All the people and staff are keeping there distance as i smell of last nights dinner and possibly some of last weeks. Mungler i did manage 1/2 an hour sit in at the local branch but failed to get anything sorted at that time, maybe give them a little time to act aye???

I will have to go now as they have come in the room with some type of hosepipe dont whant to get me phone wet

TTFN

I will let you know what happens, (i dont think i can make Croatia this year :crazy: )

Just to let you all know. i am now sitting in a small room in what they are telling me is a hospital :blush: seems strange though not seen one like this before.

All the people and staff are keeping there distance as i smell of last nights dinner and possibly some of last weeks. Mungler i did manage 1/2 an hour sit in at the local branch but failed to get anything sorted at that time, maybe give them a little time to act aye???

I will have to go now as they have come in the room with some type of hosepipe dont whant to get me phone wet

TTFN

I will let you know what happens, (i dont think i can make Croatia this year :crazy: )

Remind them of the hose pipe ban while your there!!

Not long got off the phone from the debt collectors who were acting for santanspare and they assured me they have no interest,and it was as far as they are concerned, matter is closed as from 11/11/2011 after a phone call from myself last year.