Anyone ever seen a ghost??

Archie-fox

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothings changed there then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

COME ON HARPER!!!!

Last time I was at Harper a crow banger went off between my feet and the girls were throwing items of clothing at Scott Mills who was DJ'ing, blissfully unaware he was probably more interested in the lads. Think I'll stick to my more familiar Cirencester surroundings for now. :good:

FM

I'm not religious nor is anyone else in my family.

I quite often hear footsteps upstairs when I know I'm the only one in the house. I have even gone and looked but never seen anything.

A friend suggested it could just be the house creaking as it cooled down, that implies it must have been warm in the first place. :lol:

There might well be ghosts in my house but I am not very sociable with real people never mid ghosts.

now these roundheads did not leave, were not in the public bar and were not in the toilet 5 minutes later when i went.

Ian.

Now that is scary..a bloke going into the gents toilet looking for roundheads :lol: :blink:

Not seen anything myself in over 30years of lamping and mooching,not even a UFO ;)

This thread is great some really interesting stories.

The only thing that comes close is a time when I was around 17, I'm 36 now.

I was on a motorbike riding down a fairly busy high st when I noticed a car in the middle of the road turning right, then another car in a junction on the left waiting to do the same.

I can still see the look of panic on the first drivers face as I was riding in between the two.

The thing I didn't notice was this guy was towing the other and there was a nice thick rope joining them up, now to this day I will swear this guy didn't pull forward nor did the other guy reverse, but as I've seen the rope and it's too late to do anything about it PING, it just snapped and I rode over it.

Co incidence or guardian angel?

A mate's gran in Italy had a bad fall down some marble steps and smashed herself up pretty bad. Not a single injury to her head though which Docs couldn't explain.

When she recovered she said she could feel something cradling and protecting her head while she fell, she belives it was her husband who had died years earlier.

Makes you think this stuff.

Edited by Muddy Funker

many years ago whilst walking through Exeter high street... I seen a guy :blink: who as far as i remember was dead

I say remember..my dad went to his funeral .... Dad use to work with him....

now there are look a likes and then there are LOOK a likes.....

as soon as I got home i told me dad..he looked up with a slight smile .... that was his twin brother :lol: Pheww :lol:

I'm a strong believer in ghosts simply because I have seen and experienced them. My nan lives in stradbroke (Suffolk) and has an old guy with a pipe walks up and down her hallway. Also in stradbroke there is the ghost of the jilted bride which sits outside the church on the 18th of July every year. Iv been spoken to and touched a few times in my old house where someone had apparently hung them selves from the loft. I'd love to be able to interact with a ghost.

me and my mate were driving home one night when this grey figure walked across the road in front of us we didn't say anything just turned and looked at each other in disbelief so i stopped to have a look but there was nothing pub at one side which was closed and a ploughed field at the other were the figure had walked into spooked us been passed the same spot many times never seen anything since

I'm a strong believer in ghosts simply because I have seen and experienced them. My nan lives in stradbroke (Suffolk) and has an old guy with a pipe walks up and down her hallway. Also in stradbroke there is the ghost of the jilted bride which sits outside the church on the 18th of July every year. Iv been spoken to and touched a few times in my old house where someone had apparently hung them selves from the loft. I'd love to be able to interact with a ghost.

what sort of things have you seen mate??

Iv seen someone walking through my old front room and disappear! Moved out 2 weeks later!! Iv seen my nans ghost in her rocking chair. Iv seen my dad a few times sitting on my bed just after he died and il be truthful that **** me up big time!! We used to live with our garden backing onto a church yard and used to see an old man in a bowlers hat walking slowly up the grave yard path. He was apparently the graveyards groundsman and gravedigger in the 50's. I went past bury cathedral on a bikers weekend with about 40 other bikes when the first line of bikes stopped saying there was a horse and carriage coming! There was nothing there!!!

Mate, you do realise this isn't true dont you? :unsure:

I'm going off books and hearsay of the jilted bride!! If your some ghost expert from stradbroke that knows EVERYTHING then Please go ahead!!

Right here I go, first off I had never even heard of Stradbroke until I read your post, now if there was a ghost that sat outside the church the same day every year then surely I would have seen it reported on the news or in a paper.

I have also searched on the internet for 'jilted bride of Stradbroke church','ghost of Stradbroke church' etc, with no mention of it and also no images of a ghost there, again a little strange as surely someone would have photographed this if it happens every year on the same date.Even Stradbroke church's website had no mention of this as far as I could see (I only had a quick glance though).

If this ghost appears on the same day every year then surely there would be hundreds if not thousands of people from all over the world gathering around Stradbroke church to see this sight, you tell me has this ever happened?

I'm not having a go at you mate, I am just trying to get you to think about things logically before making yourself look a little foolish.

Right here I go, first off I had never even heard of Stradbroke until I read your post, now if there was a ghost that sat outside the church the same day every year then surely I would have seen it reported on the news or in a paper.

I have also searched on the internet for 'jilted bride of Stradbroke church','ghost of Stradbroke church' etc, with no mention of it and also no images of a ghost there, again a little strange as surely someone would have photographed this if it happens every year on the same date.Even Stradbroke church's website had no mention of this as far as I could see (I only had a quick glance though).

If this ghost appears on the same day every year then surely there would be hundreds if not thousands of people from all over the world gathering around Stradbroke church to see this sight, you tell me has this ever happened?

I'm not having a go at you mate, I am just trying to get you to think about things logically before making yourself look a little foolish.

an so mon amis ther yoo av eet, Capteen Hestings, let us leeve for lerndern at wence. (Poirot and the Stradbroke Ghost, Agatha Christy, 1922) :lol:

I'm not looking foolish!!!!! have you or I seen the ghost NO!!! BUT I'm a believer until it's proved to be a load of coblers.It is in a Suffolk historic book of why she done it,so I'm not about to disbelieve it. BUT I'm sure as you say people would be there to see it. Apparently the vicar has seen her and the pub owners opposite, I can't 100% believe it until iv actually whitnessed it!!

Have seen/heard ghosts my whole life! Like others on here have said, I also believe that some people are more susceptible to such things.

My first ever memory of a 'ghost' or 'spirit' was when I was really small, say about 5 years old. I had been to the loo and was unable to walk out of the bathroom door as something was holding me and pulling me backwards. This used to happen regularly and despite being in complete terror and calling for my Mum, she would just tell me to stop being so silly :rolleyes: . Even now, if I get up for the loo in the dark I will pull the flush then run out the bathroom and back into bed :blush:

My Mum told me many years later that I would wake her and Dad up screaming, as I used to have a doll that ran around my room late at night :look: .

I would like to add at this point - before you all think I am actually completely and utterly bonkers - that I had a very very sheltered childhood (very much made up for in my teens, but thats another thread altogether :lol: ) and was never allowed to watch scary films, horror movies or anything of the sort. At that age I had never even heard of ghosties, monsters or spooks, and I still am unable to come up with a reason as to where I would get an idea from of dolls running around in my room late at night.

Other strange things would happen in that house too (as my parents later told me). We had a flat roof at the back of the house where my Dad built the kitchen extension and my Mum would often hear footsteps stomping across it in the night. Round the back of the house we had gravel and when my brother and I were in bed at night we would hear footsteps crunching on the gravel and then 'something' would knock on our bedroom window. We would get out of bed and go and tell Mum and Dad, but they would say 'its the wind' or 'it was the branches touching the glass', even though opposite that window there was a quite neatly squared off privet hedge? :look:

My Dad told me that he got regular night terrors in that house too, and when he was watching the TV late one night the curtains in the living room started billowing out even though all the doors and windows were shut.

We moved house a few years later, I must have been about 11.

Other weird stuff has happened to me as well, I have woken up quite a few times by something pinning me down to my bed and I can feel nothing only complete terror, however I have researched this and this could also be sleep paralysis. Quite often I have seen figures standing or walking around.

My brothers girlfriend stayed at my parents house one night, and even though they were both 25 and living together, my parents insisted that they were not to share the same room :lol: Did I mention we'd had a sheltered upbringing? :lol: . Laura slept in Toms bed and Tom slept in my old bedroom. He said he woke up that night with that feeling when you know something has caused you to wake up, and then just felt something was 'wrong'. He said he saw a figure of a man stood at the end of the bed, nearly **** himself with fright, grabbed the duvet and went and slept downstairs. My brother is the biggest sceptic/disbeliever I know, and he has refused to sleep in that room ever since.

Even in our 'new' house (We've now lived here for about 15 years) which is circa 300 years old, we have weird stuff happen. The usual like things going missing then turning up later on in weird places, footsteps across the landing, doors slamming etc. In fact last week me and my Mam were watching TV and something crashed across the room behind us. My Dad and I would regularly smell pipe smoke when we were in our workshop together.

To be honest, I think its quite cool having a ghost around :D

And this is also officially the longest post I have ever written on PW :lol: