cla game fair belvoir castle

nobbyathome

I have been to many over the years.

I rate Blenheim, for whatever reason the Game Fair appears to suit it, Belvoir (Beaver) Castle is good, done it a couple of times.

The whole Game Fair is just not what it was a few years back, something to do with the economic climate I guess.

I used to go religiously every year, but it seems to me every other year is fine these days, unless I am really after something.

Just the same a great show, and you will struggle to get round it all in one day!

Belvoir Castle is a lovely place with great views and not a bad venue for the Game Fair.

They used to have a museum in the Castle that showed the history of the `Light Brigade` and had the orginal bugle on display that was used on the day of the famous charge. I can't see any reference to it anymore (I went many years ago and it may had been a display).

As has been said - it's hard to get round in a day so either do 2 days or plan what you want to see and make sure you see those. There are so many displays it's mind boggling. I loved watching the gundog scurries and birds of prey. Gun Makers Row just makes you dribble too much (check out the Holland & Holland stand - £90k for a matching pair) :oops:

It's always more fun when the sun is out.

Great couple of days if the countryside is what you're into. Hunting, shooting, fishing, equestrian, gundogs, hounds, terriers, food, drink, clothing, art... there is a lot to see and do. BUT, although there is a lot to see don't expect to pick up bargains, the cost of setting up makes selling stuff cheaply prohibitive for the exhibitors.

I enjoy the Game Fair, but for me it is more of a chance to have a social gathering with friends from up and down the country than a need to actually go round the fair that keeps me going back.

I forgot to mention the food section is incredible, dont bother eating breakfast or take any lunch just go and start grazing your way through the massive selection of very good food stalls. Dont waste your money on the burger van things you will kick yourself like we did when we come across row upon row of food.

I forgot to mention the food section is incredible, dont bother eating breakfast or take any lunch just go and start grazing your way through the massive selection of very good food stalls. Dont waste your money on the burger van things you will kick yourself like we did when we come across row upon row of food.

Are these like the food shows where you can munch your way through the day for nothing trying out a load of different grub?

I always take food with me to shows coz I hate being ripped off buying 99% fat burgers for a fiver :angry:

Regardless I'm lookng forward to it too as I've never been to one before :good:

it'll be a good day out,lovely setting.....................and only about 40 minutes from me :good: ,which is a lot better than trudging down to the midland gamefair.

5 hrs (each way) for me...ill be there on the Saturday this year...went last time it was at Belvoir...had a great day,didnt manage to get round it all tho...

Edited by smig4373

My advice would be to go for 2 days, iv been to the last 3 CLA game fairs and you just dont have time to get round it all in one day without rushing. I cant believe people still complain about show prices, especially for food, even a local show will charge you a fiver for a burger, just accept it as there is no alternative and pay it!

My advice would be to go for 2 days, iv been to the last 3 CLA game fairs and you just dont have time to get round it all in one day without rushing. I cant believe people still complain about show prices, especially for food, even a local show will charge you a fiver for a burger, just accept it as there is no alternative and pay it!

They probably pay a hell of a lot for the pitch...

The speciallity food stands are ok...we bought boar burgers/venison sausages etc and had a portable BBQ in the car park last time at belvoir...