Rangers footbal club

lxtav

Should Rangers be Kicked out  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SFA kick Glasgow Rangers out for good?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a life long Celtic support and I honestly beleive that Celtic--Rangers games are the life blood of the SPL. Take the Gers out of it and it's dead in the water....

:stupid: Well said that man! Scottish football will be a worse place without Rangers thats for sure, just as it would be without Celtic! Now some of the others it must be said no one would even notice they had gone :bye2:

I am a life long Celtic support and I honestly beleive that Celtic--Rangers games are the life blood of the SPL. Take the Gers out of it and it's dead in the water....

The SPL will survive without Rankers (RIP) just fine.

Any clubs who build their business plan around another club ahve a flawed BP in the first place.

If Rankers (RIP) were so necessary to the other teams, why are 6 clubs voting against Newcos inclusion for 2012/13?

The SPL will survive without Rankers (RIP) just fine.

Any clubs who build their business plan around another club ahve a flawed BP in the first place.

If Rankers (RIP) were so necessary to the other teams, why are 6 clubs voting against Newcos inclusion for 2012/13?

Its the same in the English premier, take Man U/city/chelsea/arsenal out and the premiership would still survive,

NO club is bigger than the league

:shaun:

[/quot

well said and nice to see a celtic man not getting sneaky sectarian digs in like the rest :innocent: can understand celtic supporters feeling smug about rangers situation but to be rubbing their hands that ragers will be kicked out of the top league is very short sighted :yes: celtic and the rest of the teams will suffer in the longrun not saying the league will fold but the money will dry up when sky pulls the plug i dont think celtic v heats or aberdeen will b a big crowd puller for sky :yes:

well said and nice to see a celtic man not getting sneaky sectarian digs in like the rest :innocent: can understand celtic supporters feeling smug about rangers situation but to be rubbing their hands that ragers will be kicked out of the top league is very short sighted :yes: celtic and the rest of the teams will suffer in the longrun not saying the league will fold but the money will dry up when sky pulls the plug i dont think celtic v heats or aberdeen will b a big crowd puller for sky :yes:

Im presuming you either cant read or didnt bother to read the rest of the posts.Show me one sectarian dig by any Hoops fan on this thread.Its funny how when you ask a Ranker fan what he thinks of his clubs situation their usual response is along the lines that Scottish fitba will be ****** without us.If they were that worried why did they not boycott their club for the sake of Scottish fitba when they,along with Celtic,were trying to jump ship to England?Scottish fitba will live,admittedly it wont be the same without the old firm games,but im sure if NEWCO THISTLE or whatever they call themselves stop cheating other clubs,the taxman and themselves they will come back to the Premier a better person. :good:

[quote name='monkeyboots' timestamp='1340708734'

The SPL gets ~£13m per year in TV money- split between 12 clubs.

Lets say Sky re-nogiate that down to £6.5m (pulled that out of the air) I don't think anyone will be quaking in their boots. 300 odd season tickets would cover the 'loss'

LOL Glensman the reality is that SKY might withdraw from SPL football completely!! However on the plus side at least zero cash will be split between the remaining 12 clubs left :lol:

Ooops just seen that the Daily Mail have said that SKY wont walk away!! There you go the SKY deal must be safe :lol::lol:

Daily Mail Quality Newspaper LOL

:lol: One other thing I meant to mention Glensman have you been to games at the likes of Hibs when there is no Old Firm playing? it makes for pretty desperate viewing and if you think the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts etc will INCREASE season tickets sales by losing one of the Old Firm I would have to suggest you have been drinking my friend :lol::lol:

oh and another just to challenge your maths Glensman

Hibs Season tickets 300 x 355quid = 106,500quid

6.5million / 12 clubs = 541,666 quid! mmmm doesnt quite add up mate :hmm::hmm:

Back to the drawing board me thinks!

Hibs don't get an even share of that 12million.

Celtic and Rankers (RIP) get £2m each. That leaves 9m to go 10 ways.

So the numbers start getting closer and closer. Also those extra 300 people through the doors say 20x per season. Maybe buying a burger and a cup of T or whatever and you soon see the numbers getting closer again.

Jock Stein said a club can't exist without it's fans. That is as true now as it was then... If a club in Edinburgh can't exist without a former club in Glasgow then there is something badly wrong and they need to move to a more sustainable business model anyway.

There are to many teams all over Britain not just Scotland that have ambitions well above their playing and financial abilities. Rangers is just one example of that where to use an analogy they were trying to run a Bentley on the budget for running a Fiesta and hence the problems they got into. As I said there not the only team in Britain like that and It may take a lot of clubs to go under and a lot of pain before the clubs realise that and start to use a business model that works.

This is just the first steps by HMRC to get tough on the dodgy practices at Clubs who seem to think the rules don't apply to them and Rangers just happen to be the first they are going after. I wouldn't be surprised if more clubs throughout the country land in the same position very soon.

There are to many teams all over Britain not just Scotland that have ambitions well above their playing and financial abilities. Rangers is just one example of that where to use an analogy they were trying to run a Bentley on the budget for running a Fiesta and hence the problems they got into. As I said there not the only team in Britain like that and It may take a lot of clubs to go under and a lot of pain before the clubs realise that and start to use a business model that works.

This is just the first steps by HMRC to get tough on the dodgy practices at Clubs who seem to think the rules don't apply to them and Rangers just happen to be the first they are going after. I wouldn't be surprised if more clubs throughout the country land in the same position very soon.

I think you are probably right.

It would seem strange if Rankers (RIP) were the only club in britain to be operating an illegal tax evasion scheme.

So far I think that Rankers (RIP) have been given a fairly soft ride. It would be hard for directors in the SFA to discipline Rankers (RIP) for operating the EBT scheme; when those same directors over-saw its operation and benifitted from it while directors at Rankers (rip).

definitely not mate,each to their own but i`ll stick to rugby,can`t understand all the hype about gaa????? it didn`t seem to take off round the world unless there was a huge irish contingent there

It's not hype- you are missing out!

A well attended, well run sport right on your doorstep...

If you ever want to try a match let me know. I can sit with you and explain the rules.

I prefer Hurling to Football though... :good:

Glensman sorry but your figures just dont add up mate! You dont work for RBS do you??? :lol:

Trust me with only a couple of exceptions SPL teams business models are without doubt gubbed without one side of the old firm in place. Your continued use of Rankers (RIP) is pretty boring by the way :blush: Please come back on here in 2 years and tell me I was wrong but we will just have to wait and see :P

Cant see Rangers dying off no matter what happens. If they went 3rd div. then i think they would work their way up.

On the plus sude County are up this year :D

:lol: One other thing I meant to mention Glensman have you been to games at the likes of Hibs when there is no Old Firm playing? it makes for pretty desperate viewing and if you think the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts etc will INCREASE season tickets sales by losing one of the Old Firm I would have to suggest you have been drinking my friend :lol::lol:

Got to agree with that!

To be perfectly honest it's total ***** even when they are playing so no real loss there then.

Cant see Rangers dying off no matter what happens. If they went 3rd div. then i think they would work their way up.

On the plus sude County are up this year :D

Got to agree with that!

I can see the royalties flooding-in... Rangers move from the 3rd division back to the premier division, and a film is made, book written, etc... Like a fairytale phoenix rising from ashbrox :D