greetings from a sunny south wales

kiffy

hi folks, thought i'd use my first post to say hello... so HELLO :good: and introduce myself

my names steve and im from what is suprisingly today after all the miserable rain we have had, a sunny south wales

i've owned airguns now since 1989, in fact still have my first gun, an air arms SE90 a lovely side lever that weighs a ton.. shot for a few years before life took over. then in 2006 i decided to have another go and bought myself a gorgeous falcon lighthunter raptor, 12 inch barrel skeleton stock, much lighter than the old air arms and a pcp so lovely to shoot.. anyway after failing to find any decent shoots and getting much busier it spent more and more time in the gunslip...

recently a friend has been out shooting a shotgun with a friend of his and is really keen to take it up, so much so he's talked me into it as well... thankfully we have two local shoots organised, both farms and both within walking distance of my home so i've taken the plunge and applied for a shotgun certificate... which is what led me here, i know virtually nothing about them so plan onspending a lot of time reading old posts and hopefully joining in on a few new ones

hope to catch you all on the forums soon

steve

thanks for the welcome guys, i've been having a quiet nose around and one thing that has struck me and shocked me is that cartridges dont have to be locked away... amazing! another thing thats struck me is even though i feel im quite competent and reasonably knowledagble with airguns i know less that i thought about shorguns.. oh well, at least it'll be fun learning

Welcome Steve,hope your shotgunning comes soon.

so do i, but i only sent my certificate application a week last friday and i believe south wales police take around 3 months so i'm not holding my breath to get going any time soon

Hi Steve, just to give you a heads up on time scales. My mate has sent off for his SGC from South Wales police a month or two ago and as far as im aware he hasnt recieved it yet.......oh, and he is a copper for the same force :rolleyes:

thanks gee, i sent mine a week last friday i got home today to a letter confirming recipt of my application, so at least i know they have it. ive heard south wales police can take three months so im not holding my breath.. kills me though as im so impatient, i hate waiting on anything.. good thing about waiting is i have more time to save for a better gun :)

is a bug*er your mates waiting, still not a bad thing that he didnt get special treatment though... im a local councillor myself and have seen how people get accused of all sorts even though their innocent (well most of the time)so know he would get grief for it if anyone found out.

Edited by kiffy