avoid .......

snipper

an udpate ............

spoke to John bright of higlandoutdoors and he is sending a replacment barrel free of charge :good:

chuffed to bits and cannot thank john enough for customer service :good:

Glad to see them stepping up to the plate and dealing with it (told you they were the people to contact) hope they aren't sending the barrel to the idiots who tried to repair it with super glue!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see them stepping up to the plate and dealing with it (told you they were the people to contact) hope they aren't sending the barrel to the idiots who tried to repair it with super glue!

yep ............ many thanks for your help and all other comments on the thread :good:

to cut a long story short .......

my father bought a new webley 812 2yrs ago from humberside guns and it has performed great untill about 4 weeks ago

when 14" of the rib detached huh.gif .

no problem he thought as they have a lifetime warranty , but after a call to humberside "no chance they have changed hands" was their response but after a little push they agreed to have a go repairing it as a good will gesture .

they were not embarassed in the slightest when handing this back........ it lasted abount 20 clays and melted :no:

webleys take on it was " its not been serviced " so we're not doing anything ...

ok it wasn't serviced by a gunsmith but we're not talking about a broken spring but major fault on a little used gun and in as new condition still .......

so be warned about there warranty and also pick a differant gunsmith ph34r.gif

the gun does not need a service until it's 3yr old then every 2 yrs for the purpose of lifetime warranty,

http://simple2setup.com/webley_scott/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=51&Itemid=102

• 1 month later...

yep that is expoxy resin allright and he didnt even wipe of the excess LOL ,

seriously , imagine if that chap had done some serious barrel work , it does not bear thinking about , and they seriously kept a straight face when they returned it to you , thats unbeliveable , glad its all sorted out now though

• 4 weeks later...

just a quick update .......... no barrel materialised todate because the one they have has the same fault .... loose rib !

im getting fed up of chasing this up with highland outdoors now due t the fact they never return calls or reply to emails !

will keep you posted :angry:

Guest cookoff013

you need to be pro active, i had a unfortunate experience with a rfd.

my forend to my sxs broke, it was to be mended under waranty, i handed the forend over to my RFD and he delt with it.

after being fobbed off after a year, i started to email and work out what the issues were.

no-one had my forend. sxs / importer didnt have it.

rfd didnt have it either.

i rfd told that royal mail lossed it in transit, and i have to make a claim, for £1600

after a few discussions, the rfd should have used his business insurance, but they told me to F`off, and claimed i need to pay them for it?

so a discussion was lets have a proffessional discussion via soliciters...

i got my solicitor to write a very firm but polite notice on what is expected, from them and what is to remidy the situation, it cost me £50. but it got things moving.

letter was sent from them outlining what they intend to do....

i had a 3rd party, pick up my hand built gun, send it to germany, re manufacture a forend, re serialise the forend as number +B coding. then ship it back.

original RFD refused to pay for it and claimed i should pay and be re-embursed by them at a later date. however the 3rd party rightfully refused to let it go untill the ballance was paid. the rfd had gone bust.

they then had to pay the ballance or go to court. i was more than willing to go to court. as i`d lost the whole gun now due to their actions. i was willing to go for the full refund. it cost a fortune so was well worth it.

10 days later i picked up my repaired gun.

get a solicitor to send a letter, its like a laxative, gets things running.

on an asside from this i later found out that the RFD simply threw the forend in the bin. i found out from an employee there. as soon as i handed it over, they threw it in the bin.!!!!

They have done their company irrepairable harm already just by this action. All seeing and reading this are appalled. No excuses for this type of "fix". I would have replaced the barrel-- no questions if I were in the position of adjustments. The power of public opinion is huge and this type of exposure is exactly what one does not want if you expect to prosper in a tough market.

Why are they replacing it with a used gun???Get a grip,start a small claims court action and tell them to shove it-the law is on your side so use it.Write down a record of all your commun ications with them cos you might need it if court becomes a reality.Send them a copy of the court application-this normally works a treat.

Why are they replacing it with a used gun???Get a grip,start a small claims court action and tell them to shove it-the law is on your side so use it.Write down a record of all your commun ications with them cos you might need it if court becomes a reality.Send them a copy of the court application-this normally works a treat.

because its a 2 yr old gun that cost £470 .............. highlandoutdoors have stepped up to resolve it , if they had not i would of been going down the legal route against the seller (humberside shooting ground) . i was informed today the seller is liable for 6yrs regardless of what warranty they offer and not the manufacturer

I do think it's a shame that Webley & Scott have allowed there stamp to be put on cheap Turkish tat.

Not like it's the original company of yore though, since the Birmingham operation closed the brand has been through the mitts of two new management groups.

Sad really.

i was informed today the seller is liable for 6yrs regardless of what warranty they offer and not the manufacturer

Not strictly true, but there is a burden of "reasonable" time and a gun you would expect to last longer than a toaster....Hope it does get all resolved.

• 1 month later...

A sales rep's sample is a new gun!

because its a 2 yr old gun that cost £470 .............. highlandoutdoors have stepped up to resolve it , if they had not i would of been going down the legal route against the seller (humberside shooting ground) . i was informed today the seller is liable for 6yrs regardless of what warranty they offer and not the manufacturer

I dont think Highland Outdoors were involved with Webley 6 years a go.