Who's first season ?

harrycatcat1

True, shoulder to shoulder fowling is not my idea of heaven either. Shot Frampton a couple of evening flights early last season and was surprised to find it not to bad, popped up there after a few morning flights on Hill and watched from the bridge with the bino's and it looked like the ww2 trenches along the ditch :lol:

I often think it's not much better than one or two other marshes just easier to get to and of course there's the geese! Each to,their own :good:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often think it's not much better than one or two other marshes just easier to get to and of course there's the geese! Each to,their own :good:

For duck i totally agree, but the Geese is the draw for most people. Luckily i live about a 5 minute walk from the northern end so i can keep an eye on it and wait for them to fly out north to the maize. :good:

For duck i totally agree, but the Geese is the draw for most people. Luckily i live about a 5 minute walk from the northern end so i can keep an eye on it and wait for them to fly out north to the maize. :good:

Being of the more cynical sort I do think the geese only play a bit part for a minority of members. In the main the attraction appears to be that on most days of the week you can walk on in your slippers and see a few duck etc. parking and access is much easier than the other main marshes which also has a bearing. Alternatively I'm just getting old and narky. :lol:

nice one brown sauce. glad you liked every minute of it keep it up . remember fella fowling is a great sport but can be hit and miss. pardon the pun. keep safe on the tide flights. watch the flight lines for a couple of days then try to get under them.

Cheers fella. I was completely spoilt, managed a pair of mallard, so this is how it'll be every outing, surely?? :D

As an associate member I can only go onto the marsh with a full member, which in honesty at this early stage, is what I need. Each new associate is mentored through the first season, reckon mine will probably have my number barred by around the 15th September, possibly sooner :whistling:

Alarm set, gear packed, gun cleaned, steel carts on the self ready and we're under starters orders :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

I am expecting you to get up early every morning and then give me the nod when they are about....all i need now is someone to carry all my decoys for me and i will be sorted :innocent::whistling:

I am expecting you to get up early every morning and then give me the nod when they are about....all i need now is someone to carry all my decoys for me and i will be sorted :innocent::whistling:

For you mate anything :wub: !!!!!

I have sorted the decoy thing too, you now have the services of my 7 year old twins for the whole season, i will post them to you today :good: Lucky you!!

I reckon it's going to be quiet on the geese early season at Frampton, see loads every morning but they are mostly heading inland to stubble fields, a lot of wheat is still standing here too, so i cant see them changing there routine soon. Had a look at the big lake most of them roost on and there were a lot of barnacles mixed in with the canadas/greys.

My first season wild fowling up at John Muir Country Park in East Lothian.

Have literally just got back from walking round the wildfowling area. I spotted about 150 Greylag geese and met my first birdtwitcher/shooting hater. Interestingly he was very keen to pass on info until I mentioned wild fowling at which point the conversation became stilted so I thanked him for his time and walked on. He did tell me that the Greylags are a feral population....hates shooters, windsurfers, canoeists etc. Pretty miuch anyone who doesn't use the the country park for anything but bird watching!

Spaniel, I have subscribed to you blog!

Edited by Laird Lugton