Who's first season ?

harrycatcat1

I was just curious of how many PW members it will be their first season?

I was speaking to a couple of chaps the other day and it will be their first time on the marsh. I wonder if they will identify themselves :hmm:

This is only my 3rd season wildfowling so I still class myself as a beginner but I have to admit it is my favourite sport. :yes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was speaking to a couple of chaps the other day and it will be their first time on the marsh. I wonder if they will identify themselves :hmm:

This is only my 3rd season wildfowling so I still class myself as a beginner but I have to admit it is my favourite sport. :yes:

What marsh do you shoot on.

I think its me & my mate who are the "Newbies" who you are trying to coax out " Harry the Cat" so you can get ready next time you're at the Depot...anyway I'm not declaring my identity on line......hang on......does'nt it say who replied to this message?............Damn!!

Any tips for us 'first seasoners' then?

Enjoy the whole expierience,don't just stare at the sky waitin for your first shot,take everything in, the other wildlife on view,the calls of the marsh,how the marsh seems to change before your eyes as it gets light, marvel at the beauty of the bird lying in your hand if your fortunate enough to shoot one.

Try to remember everything you saw, where birds might have flighted from, caould you get under them next time, a trip to the marsh is never wasted.

This will be my 30th season and my fingers are tingling just typing this, your heart will be pounding on your first morning, enjoy it fella.

Some have thier first season each season. A wise man once told be "some have 20yrs experiance and some have 20x 1yr experiance" enjoy if its your 1st or 40th :good: You never know which will be your last ;)

I think its me & my mate who are the "Newbies" who you are trying to coax out " Harry the Cat" so you can get ready next time you're at the Depot...anyway I'm not declaring my identity on line......hang on......does'nt it say who replied to this message?............Damn!!

I enjoyed our conversation the other day just a shame your mate is a bit shy :lol::lol:

Not if previous seasons are anything to go by! I like enough space to take the dog along as well :yes:

True, shoulder to shoulder fowling is not my idea of heaven either. Shot Frampton a couple of evening flights early last season and was surprised to find it not to bad, popped up there after a few morning flights on Hill and watched from the bridge with the bino's and it looked like the ww2 trenches along the ditch :lol:

Never shot any wildfowl, today my shooting buddy told me he's lined up some duck flighting when the season starts, followed by some trips duck and goose shooting on permisions just gained last week. Thats to wet my appetite before we drive up to Scotland for three days goose shooting late October.

I can't wait!

Cos