John Bonham or Keith Moon ?

RedRobin

John Bonham or Keith Moon ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Hard to choose I know ... Who is your choice ??

• Keith Moon
    • John Bonham

Bonham all day long. :good:

The Who were absolute garbage.

Wash your mouth out man.... four musicians from the very top of the tree..no better lead than Townsend, Bassist than Entwhistle and keith Moon on Drums well does it get any better?...add the driving vocal range of Daltry and they are probably the best British Rock band of all time..... Stick to the Osmonds if I were you.... :P:lol: :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wash your mouth out man.... four musicians from the very top of the tree..no better lead than Townsend, Bassist than Entwhistle and keith Moon on Drums well does it get any better?...add the driving vocal range of Daltry and they are probably the best British Rock band of all time..... Stick to the Osmonds if I were you.... :P:lol: :lol:

'Crazy Horses' wiped the floor with anything Daltry & Co. could come up with.

No better lead than Townsend? Now I KNOW you're 'avin a laugh.

Phew... and to think for a minute I thought you were being serious.

If I've gotta chose between those two it's moon, but to me there were/are better drummers, yes maybe ginger baker, for me Toad beats the hell out of moby **** (wabitbosher can I buy your bread bin?) I agree also with Phil Collins but not forgetting chester thompson. One of the best British drummers is Steve ferrone once of the average white band, now one of Tom pettys heartbreakers (i was lucky enough to see them at the Albert hall, amazing!) but what about John Bradbury of the specials? Hell of a beat machine. But the best ever drummer was Buddy Rich now sadly deceased leaving Neil peart of rush to fill his shoes only after joe morello drops off the edge.

Edited by Trevorevans

If I've gotta chose between those two it's moon, but to me there were/are better drummers, yes maybe ginger baker, for me Toad beats the hell out of moby **** (wabitbosher can I buy your bread bin?) I agree also with Phil Collins but not forgetting chester thompson. One of the best British drummers is Steve ferrone once of the average white band, now one of Tom pettys heartbreakers (i was lucky enough to see them at the Albert hall, amazing!) but what about John Bradbury of the specials? Hell of a beat machine. But the best ever drummer was Buddy Rich now sadly deceased leaving Neil peart of rush to fill his shoes only after joe morello drops off the edge.

Now Buddy Rich ! What a Drummer

My bread bin sounds better than Ginger baker when i throw it down the stairs

Why has nobody mentioned Stewart Copeland ?

Now there's a Drummer !

Bonham played drums brilliantly

Moon played an instrument brilliantly, so I vote Moon with Bonham 2nd

As a drummer I was always fascinated by Moon's unconventional style. He wasn't the greatest at keeping time, but he was all over the kit like a madman to give a unique depth to the Who's music.

Iain Paice - Again brilliant, a close 3rd to Bonham and Moon in my book

Stewart Copeland - Technically, probably the best ever, but lacks soul in my opinion 4th.

Bobby Rondinelli (ex Rainbow and others) 5th

Ginger Baker? - can't stand him, he's very overrated <_<

Charlie Watts? - Good but in a different league.

Whats with your hatred of the Who Mc Poontang? Did they all have their wicked, rock'n'roll way with you or something?

Not really a hatred, just never liked them.

Music's very subjective and everyone has their own tastes, but to compare The Who with the mighty Led Zep on the basis of musicianship? Well that's just comical.

Jimmy Page was/is a guitar God, whereas Pete Townsend just wheeled his arm round a bit. <_<

Absolutely no contest.

If I had to make a choice, Bonham every time.

Although listening to The Who, Live at Leeds album.....................Magic Bus, awesome stuff.

But Zep for me everytime. I have all the zep albums but only the one Who album, as mentioned above. Never got into their studio stuff.

Good shout that man - you really do like your new wave stuff don't you :lol:

How about John Maher of the Buzzcocks too? Very underrated.

i like all kinds of music but that era was when i saw a lot of bands also one of my bands does music from that time. the buzzcocks top band. if you see old topper play in the pub, he still got it lol

Edited by storme37

Music's very subjective and everyone has their own tastes, but to compare The Who with the mighty Led Zep on the basis of musicianship? Well that's just comical.

Jimmy Page was/is a guitar God, whereas Pete Townsend just wheeled his arm round a bit.

Guitarist - I totally agree.

Drummer - a bit closer, but Bonham has the edge.

Bassist - I think that Entwistle was almost as good as it gets. Not better than Jack Bruce, Larry Graham, James Jamerson, but better than John Paul Jones in my book.

No, Charlie was a heroin addict for 17 years and the other two were just drunks! :lol:

First I find out that George Harrison banged Ringo's wife and now I find out that Charlie Watts used to be a skag head. This has been a week of dissapointments.

And my new cars ******! Poor old Rob :sad1:

First I find out that George Harrison banged Ringo's wife and now I find out that Charlie Watts used to be a skag head. This has been a week of dissapointments.

what do you expect its rock n roll do you think all these guys go to church and drink tea :lol: remember sex drugs and rock n roll, oh and the cash is why they do it

Edited by storme37

Paul cook anyone? Frank beard?, Phil Taylor?, mikkey dee? Steve adler? Gina shock? Carl palmer? Really love drums but bozo some how doesn't do it for me, not saying he's rubbish or anything, far from it he is one of the best drummers to have lived just not at the top of the list and couldn't touch moon for me.

i like all kinds of music but that era was when i saw a lot of bands also one of my bands does music from that time. the buzzcocks top band. if you see old topper play in the pub, he still got it lol

Yep we must be from the same era and you're an old *** too :lol: - I was lucky enough to see some great bands in small venues in my teenage yoof (or so my mates tell me as some are a bit of blurr TBH :lol: ) from the Pub Rock bands like Dr Feelgood, Eddie and the Hot Rods & AC/DC (as they were considered back in the day)etc. through the Punk/New wave stuff of the Pistols, Stranglers and my faves the Damned etc. My biggest regret from that era was not ever seeing The Clash though :(

Edited by Caisterboy