world sporting

mikeyp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor Hedgecock, (our grandson) won colts in the sportrap, colts and b class in the prelim sporting and colts in the world sporting. 4 gold medals, not bad for a 14 year old. Well done Taylor from two very proud grandparents.

Well done indeed and congratulatiosn to Ed and his England team on their collective victory :yes::good:

To quote the NSCA Team USA Facebook Page: "The targets are very difficult and not like any we see in America" - good job Mr Lovatt :good:

I can certainly vouch for the targets being tough. I went down with Maxus and we were completely out of our depth from the first shot :sad1: A great experience though, but still got much to learn :hmm:

Well done Ed, having seen how tricky the courses were it makes your result all the more impressive :good:

Edited by Roman

Was good to catch up with old shooting buddies over the weekend, George was dealt a injustice in the shoot off to make the super finals as he had to go 1st on both shooting positions in the report & sim pairs and obviously showed the others where not to put the gun or shot !!!!. ??? ??? ???

Good performance from my fellow county men of Clarkey, Scott & even Webby. Just goes to show The Only Way Is Essex !!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ah that explains his comment on twitter. I had a stroll around on Sat, would quite liked to have given it a go. Not sure I would have been so keen once the shooting started, some very interesting targets! Had to settle watching Phil and George.

Ed: well done squire!

Hopefully some of my lads might be up there with Taylor in years to come, well done to him.

I enjoyed the whole experience, i last shot in the England Sporting team in 1980 , it was also the last time i was teamed up with Graham Stirsaker. I don't know what the level of difficulty is supposed to be but i thought it was tough in places and day 1 blue course badly wind affected. It always sounds great staging these events on green field sites but it tends to be a lottery, targets over lapping from one layout to another , unfair battues, but the ground staff did a great job, once again the CPSA showed that fitasc is not there thing, with some shooters shooting in the dark.

roll on the Home Internationals ,

Dennis

Yep was surprised he didn't ask for it to be staggered- I couldn't believe he had to do the two rounds after I had finished first too. Thought he would have asked- well within his rights.

The ref did ask george if he wanted to shoot first again to which george replied if i got to i will but i just shot first, then he shot first but as i saw it if he,d said no he wouldn,t have had to shoot first.

The ref did ask george if he wanted to shoot first again to which george replied if i got to i will but i just shot first, then he shot first but as i saw it if he,d said no he wouldn,t have had to shoot first.

That's how I saw it; and was surprised when he carried on. The simo pair was the stand where you would have piped up and asked for rotation I would have thought (that's what I would have done).

Perhaps the plan was to syke the others out, he does that sometimes in fitasc , post the early score on the last day to make the others wobble....I was speaking to Stuart a couple of weeks ago and he said he thought there was at least another big one in him yet...As some of you may know he gave up fitasc 15 years ago because of shoulder problems, but seems back up on top now.

Dennis

I read the info and it just said a skeet vest was compulsary, i had all the other gear but thought it was just for the Home Internationals.....its a good job me balls are in a bag otherwise i would forget them as well.....how many targets are you going to give me in the Home Inter.

Dennis

What really impressed me was the amount of money the CPSA give out at these events, the prize money is phenominal , Fitasc give nothing away just a few medals or just maybe a plastic cup....The CPSA should get its act together and bring on all the countries in europe on board, with a bit of rearranging it could easily draw many shooters in , espically a national French Team, they ain't the flavour of the month with fitasc, make the format like Meon Springs to add something special , change the format to get 1500 shooters in, perhaps reaarange layouts to be 25 bird ones, three or 4 stands a layout.....put all the lower classes on Thursday / friday and the top lot the week-end with a shoot-off as they did this time.

Dennis