More rape stubble shooting

chrispti

I set up under a busy flight line this morning, the first 2 hours saw near 60 birds down, I knew I was in for a good day :yes: . . . . . right up to the point when the residents of the small cottage, in the middle of the farm, came over complaining of the noise ''on a Sunday''!!!

Fair do's, its a nice day and they were enjoying the sun and a BBQ, so I agreed to move :rolleyes:

The next best spot was some way away, and was off of the main flight line. :/

The rest of the day went ok, much slower compared to where I had just been, but enjoyable non the less :good:

Picked up 170, lost a good 15-20 in the un-cut barley field behind me and the few that made it across the field before dropping dead!!! so a rough total of 180 odd.

post-11306-0-23560500-1344195710.jpg

May I ask? What do you do with all of those pigeons?

I'm glad to pick up three!

I presume you sell them to a dealer or restaurant. Do you have a licence to sell or is your buyer if you have one not interested? Or should I not ask?

I doubt that many even exist in Cornwall. :-(

Cheers

Rorygall

May I ask? What do you do with all of those pigeons?

I'm glad to pick up three!

I presume you sell them to a dealer or restaurant. Do you have a licence to sell or is your buyer if you have one not interested? Or should I not ask?

I doubt that many even exist in Cornwall. :-(

Cheers

Rorygall

Rorygall, most of us sell our birds to Game Dealers, there is some form filling in to be done, but nothing onerous.

:yes::good:

I breast alot of them and keep them for myself, some go to friends and the rest go in the freezer. When the freezer is full they go off to a game dealer's :good:

Got three yesterday. A lot more got away. Breasted them and gave two to the land owner who is a friend of mine to keep him sweet so I can come back again!

Would love a freezer full of pigeon. Love it!

Only been out three times so still learning and find this forum helpful.

Any one out there in West Cornwall, and fancy showing me the ropes either on my permission or theirs? Feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Rorygall

Ah so thats where they have all gone to :lol: Well done Chris, excellent bag!! Haven't had the enthusiasm to go out here as they have completely vanished :hmm: I have rape stubble, barley stubble and a lot of wheat with lovely flat landing strips in, but not a pigeon to be seen ???

well done chris how the hell do you get all they birds in that motor of yours and well done for moving and keeping the peace

My gear can be bungeed to the roof rack, dog on the front seat, pigeons in the boot, passenger foot well, glove box any were I can get em really :lol: