265 members have voted

1. 1. Is this new format a load of ********

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm getting old, but to be honest I can't remember what the last one looked like now. :unsure:

It looked a lot like this one, the bad points have mostly gone which was mostly the huge blinding white screen when you looked at it on an old fashioned PC rather than phone.

Hello, Teal.

There is a button if you click the box in the top right hand corner of the mobile site and select "Mark all as read"

Yeah, I know but a single click was easier than all that scrolling and clicking. (I usually use 'Droid tablet to access the site, by the way.) In fact, the sequence is scroll-up, press "to the top" icon that appears, press the top-right button, scroll down to see the "mark as read", press "mark as read" and, finally, press "OK" to dismiss the "are-you-sure" twaddle.

What I'd *really* like - and I realise that not *everyone* uses the "mark as read" facility - is a single button push to "mark as read" and *close* the current window.

Generally, when using the PW forum, I start at the "new content" page and scroll down the pages, opening new tabs for each item I want to read. When I get to the end of the last page, *that's* when I want a "mark as read and zap current window" button.

It'd be interesting to know how *others* use the forum. I bet we'd be surprised how many different variations of "method of use" there are.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. I'm typing this on a Linux PC. It didn't take me to the end of this thread when I selected it. D'you know *exactly* how this mechanism works? Perhaps I could shed some light on things if'n I knew how it worked.

Maybe I'm getting old, but to be honest I can't remember what the last one looked like now. :unsure:

Exactly, as I said before when it comes to the time to upgrade again all the same gripes, moans and whines will be here for us all to read again.

Just get used to it, not rocket science. :yes:

One issue - I don't know whether it is deliberate or not, but the tags at the top of tagged posts are only readable if you hover the mouse over them as the grey text on a grey background isn't visible otherwise. (On PC)

I have updated these tags as I agree they were unreadable :good:

I am not able to replicate the £ sign problem- can anyone who has it please explain what they are doing to get it to convert it to something else?