waterproof trousers or overtrousers

waterproof trousers or overtrousers what do you use and do they work?

I know there has been lots of comments on PW about about various waterproof jackets but what about trousers.

I was out this morning knowing that it was going to rain later in the day so I packed in my ex german army gortex over trousers and they have now passed there sell by date as they leaked like a sive.

Any suggestions or comments.

cheers

BBL

I use both over trousers and waterproof (Not at same time of course... :lookaround: )

have had both pairs bought same time, around year and half ago from here... http://www.deben.com/trousers.html

and have to say best bit of kit I have had.

the over trousers are light weight but heavy duty and great for throwing over jeans or track suit bottoms. Have happily rolled around in mud

and have beat in them too many times. tough and rough and a little splash proof.

the water proof trousers can also be worn over jeans etc, but I tend not too. they don't make you sweat either.

more so they don't create lots of noise issues, unless your thighs like mine rub... :drool:

there also light weight and tough and strong.

Question:

would I buy them again : YES

are they value for Money : YES

light and tough YES.

lee.

waterproof trousers or overtrousers what do you use and do they work?

I know there has been lots of comments on PW about about various waterproof jackets but what about trousers.

I was out this morning knowing that it was going to rain later in the day so I packed in my ex german army gortex over trousers and they have now passed there sell by date as they leaked like a sive.

Any suggestions or comments.

cheers

BBL

Wash them and put them in the tumble drier for 1hr on low setting and they should be re-proofed.

I use both over trousers and waterproof (Not at same time of course... :lookaround: )

have had both pairs bought same time, around year and half ago from here... http://www.deben.com/trousers.html

and have to say best bit of kit I have had.

the over trousers are light weight but heavy duty and great for throwing over jeans or track suit bottoms. Have happily rolled around in mud

and have beat in them too many times. tough and rough and a little splash proof.

the water proof trousers can also be worn over jeans etc, but I tend not too. they don't make you sweat either.

more so they don't create lots of noise issues, unless your thighs like mine rub... :drool:

there also light weight and tough and strong.

Question:

would I buy them again : YES

are they value for Money : YES

light and tough YES.

lee.

JEANS :o ON A SHOOT DAY :huh:

Wash them and put them in the tumble drier for 1hr on low setting and they should be re-proofed.

If you wear a pair of thin cotton army trousers for 5 quid over the gortex you will find they are as silent as the best. Just need to dry the outer trousers off when you come in. No need to pay hundreds of pounds for Harliker stuff.

• 2 weeks later...