A very strange experiance .

Harnser

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean if there is a predator around which has scared off the wildlife (fox, bird of prey, dog walker) that might be linked in to your feeling of doom and gloom? No wildlife may be an instinctive signal to us that a predator lurks! :shifty:

Now, that is a very good answer .

Harnser .

Had similar but without the impending doom bit. Think that's more rooted in your noggin. Sometimes the life just ain't there for what ever reason, richer feeding grounds elsewhere maybe. Time of year plays a big part too seasons blending into each other and changes in breeding habits.

Who knows sounds like it has you spooked though mate.

Karpman

You are not alone in such feelings Harnser. 90% of the time there is a rational answer , but there a few times when there is no aparent cause for the fear that creeps over you. I shoot on the salt marshes not far from you and there is a large pool called Longwater that I have flighted many times at dusk. I decided one night to do a moon light filght there , but something did not feel right when I got there at about 1 am. After an hour I just could not stay there I was scared of every shaddow. I had to leave . By the time I had walked a mile down the marsh all such feelings had gone.

I did not know it at the time , but a few years later I was told a local girl drowned there after being cut off by the tide 40 years to the day before hand. Years late talking to other club members a few had a similar tale to tell of the area. I suspect many of us who are out and about a lot at unearthly hours , come across this in varying degrees. I could tell a strange tail of a Norfolk windmill on a lonley marsh too back when I was a kid. , It disturbed me so much I wrote the experiance down , but its a bit long to put on here.

You are not alone in such feelings Harnser. 90% of the time there is a rational answer , but there a few times when there is no aparent cause for the fear that creeps over you. I shoot on the salt marshes not far from you and there is a large pool called Longwater that I have flighted many times at dusk. I decided one night to do a moon light filght there , but something did not feel right when I got there at about 1 am. After an hour I just could not stay there I was scared of every shaddow. I had to leave . By the time I had walked a mile down the marsh all such feelings had gone.

I did not know it at the time , but a few years later I was told a local girl drowned there after being cut off by the tide 40 years to the day before hand. Years late talking to other club members a few had a similar tale to tell of the area. I suspect many of us who are out and about a lot at unearthly hours , come across this in varying degrees. I could tell a strange tail of a Norfolk windmill on a lonley marsh too back when I was a kid. , It disturbed me so much I wrote the experiance down , but its a bit long to put on here.

That first story about Longwater is genuinely frightening.

What about this Norfolk windmill was so disturbing? Now I'm interested. Just give one or two details if the whole thing is too long.

Personally I've never had this sort of experience. Been out early once or twice but never had any weird experiences like that.

Not sure what people mean by this "feeling of doom and gloom" though. Is it just one of those things you just don't understand unless it happens to you?

Edited by Reece

The feeling of uneasiness is normally because your out of your "safe zone". You tune into your surroundings and become spooked at small noises when your alone.. Was something I learned not to be scared of when I was a kid. We used to go night fishing and shooting in the local "haunted woods", every rat running past your bivvy when your 12 year old is a fox/bear etc!

I'm interested in this doom and gloom feeling, can you enphersise a little?

As for the above.. That sounds like alot of stories iv heard about the woods I mention above. Couple of people gassed themselves in cars and quite alot of people have been "haunted" or "approached" by a white spirit up there apparently. And alot of locals have had that feeling when walking round..

The feeling of uneasiness is normally because your out of your "safe zone". You tune into your surroundings and become spooked at small noises when your alone.. Was something I learned not to be scared of when I was a kid. We used to go night fishing and shooting in the local "haunted woods", every rat running past your bivvy when your 12 year old is a fox/bear etc!

I'm interested in this doom and gloom feeling, can you enphersise a little?

As for the above.. That sounds like alot of stories iv heard about the woods I mention above. Couple of people gassed themselves in cars and quite alot of people have been "haunted" or "approached" by a white spirit up there apparently. And alot of locals have had that feeling when walking round..

I can only explain this feeling of doom and gloom as I felt in mortal danger and didnt know what to do about it . I can imagine it as waiting for a nuclear attack to happen knowing that the world will be comming to an end and you can do nothing about it . It felt as if every thing was closing down on me and I was unable to do anything to stop it . Perhaps I should have jumped in the truck and gone home ,but I am a bit more stubbon than that . This is not the first time I have experianced this awful feeling on this farm over the years.

I have heard of people experiancing these feelings near ancient battle fields and near mass graves . I wonder ?

Harnser .

I can only explain this feeling of doom and gloom as I felt in mortal danger and didnt know what to do about it . I can imagine it as waiting for a nuclear attack to happen knowing that the world will be comming to an end and you can do nothing about it . It felt as if every thing was closing down on me and I was unable to do anything to stop it . Perhaps I should have jumped in the truck and gone home ,but I am a bit more stubbon than that . This is not the first time I have experianced this awful feeling on this farm over the years.

I have heard of people experiancing these feelings near ancient battle fields and near mass graves . I wonder ?

Harnser .

I think I understand what you mean now.

If this has happened several times on the same farm, and if people have had similar feelings near battlefields and mass graves, it might be worth doing some research or something. Maybe you'll find something interesting.

What a load of drivel!

The answer is straightforward - the bunker (or pit) belonged to Quatermass. You've been 'turned', simples.

Perhaps I should stay out of the bunker ,its only a couple of hundred yards from where I experianced these strange feelings . Who knows what went on in this underground maze . Still a lot of exploring to do and curiosity killed the cat . Dont know what residue of evil may have been left behind or what alien experiments may have been performed in the underground hospital and science labs . Proberbly stuff 60 years ago that we should not have been involved in with out better scientific understanding . I think I had better stop now .

Harnser .

Perhaps I should stay out of the bunker ,its only a couple of hundred yards from where I experianced these strange feelings . Who knows what went on in this underground maze . Still a lot of exploring to do and curiosity killed the cat . Dont know what residue of evil may have been left behind or what alien experiments may have been performed in the underground hospital and science labs . Proberbly stuff 60 years ago that we should not have been involved in with out better scientific understanding . I think I had better stop now .

Harnser .

I'm a bit lost here. What bunker are you referring to?

I understand what you mean I think. Sounds like you've spooked yourself bigtime, specially if your near the bunker your subconscious will be working overtime... You might not be thinking it yourself but that sicky feeling is your mind on overdrive by sounds of it.

If it was me, I'd force myself to go there and no matter how spooked I got stay. Maybe even stay the night. Not only will you feel better about it, you may even see an alien by the sounds of it!

ive been doing a lot of research on why we haven't seen a lot of pigeons by us ,i did read somewhere that a few people bird watching have not heard the morning chorus and is very strange , ???? ???

You beat me to it. I've spotted a number of posts on various forums recently about the absence of a dawn chorus. One theory is down to radiation from the wrecked nuclear reactor in Japan. My theory is they can't be ***** round here because it's ******* down every day.

I understand what you are saying ,but why the lack of birds and game ? being attuned to my situation should have shown me more birds and game . Nothing for about three hours of first light .

Harnser .

Must have been the aftershave you had on :hmm: or you were dropping rotten farts all morn :lol: :lol: