How soon after shooting do you prep your pigeons ?

rupertx

Ive just got back in fater a couple of hours over the decoys and ive got a dozen or so pigeons I want to breast.

Thing is, ive got a bitch of a day at work tomorrow and I really cant be ***** doing them now.

Whats the longest ( or shortest ) time you have left your pigeons before breasting them ?

Ive just got back in fater a couple of hours over the decoys and ive got a dozen or so pigeons I want to breast.

Thing is, ive got a bitch of a day at work tomorrow and I really cant be ***** doing them now.

Whats the longest ( or shortest ) time you have left your pigeons before breasting them ?

When I get home after previous issues with her indoors :angry:

LB

Thanks Guys..... Useful info for future reference.

Ive actually got my **** into gear and done them. It was just the getting started really. Normally I do them outside but it had gone dark so I sweet-talked the missus and did them in the kitchen.

That'll be another enjoyment voucher used up !

here is an example of how stupid i am

yesterday i had a couple of hours over a field of standing corn that i had never visited before shot half a dozen and decided to breast them before i left ,did this on the ground beside my truck and i placed the clean breasts on top of the wheel whilst i put my gun and deeks etc in the back of truck and seached for an empty cartridge box to put the breasts in then promptly drove away forgeting all about the meat on top of my wheel and completeley crushed it to mince doh :good::)

plinker (the buzzard feeder)

here is an example of how stupid i am

yesterday i had a couple of hours over a field of standing corn that i had never visited before shot half a dozen and decided to breast them before i left ,did this on the ground beside my truck and i placed the clean breasts on top of the wheel whilst i put my gun and deeks etc in the back of truck and seached for an empty cartridge box to put the breasts in then promptly drove away forgeting all about the meat on top of my wheel and completeley crushed it to mince doh :lol::P

plinker (the buzzard feeder)

Plinker i think you should change your name to plonker .......

(only joking) we have all done something as daft at some time or another.... ;):) :o :lol::P:P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rupertx

if you are going to breast them in the field a little trick we use is to buy one of those collapsible cooler bags and stick 4-5 ice packs in and a WET flannel or two in a plastic bag (for wiping the blood off your hands).

The one I have will hold 50 breasts easily and is easily washed out once I have removed the breasts to the freezer.

Dave K

At this time of year I'd sort them out a.s.a.p. Leave them to cool down, lay them on their backs if you've ever felt the heat on a bird after it's been shot you'll understand why. Either do them on the field or take them home and do them but I wouldn't leave them to hang when the weathers like this. Check them for fly blow as it's easy to miss. If you do hang them then take heed from Hd about emptying the crop.

Oh yeah Baby bottom wipes do it for me.