Waterproof trousers for beating

Ant8681

I was just wondering what trousers people wear for beating, last year I had a set of hogs gk overtrousers but I found they did not breath very well. I was thinking of chaps but then I wont be able to sit down!! I did see some with a peice across the backside but cannot remember what they were called. Any replys appreciated!

Ant

I used to have a pair of ex-army goretex over trousers;the bib'n'brace kind,with zipped legs(which meant no taking off boots/wellies to put on/off).Great pants,100% waterproof and breathable.Eventually knackered them and always said I would buy another pair if I found any.As **** law would have it saw a pair on a army surplus stall at Lowther Game fair this month but had no dosh left!

I used to have a pair of ex-army goretex over trousers;the bib'n'brace kind,with zipped legs(which meant no taking off boots/wellies to put on/off).Great pants,100% waterproof and breathable.Eventually knackered them and always said I would buy another pair if I found any.As **** law would have it saw a pair on a army surplus stall at Lowther Game fair this month but had no dosh left!

GO ON EBAY AND ENTER mens salopettes

To be honest, I just use these people. They supply all the waterproofs for our workforce and they are pretty durable. As soon as you put the word "country" in front of any item of clothing or footwear you treble the price More like 10X on occasions. These people do breathable, they do lined etc.

http://www.bestinthe...ce/40019_p.html

Edited by Vince Green

Waxed cotton leggings get my vote, used them for beating for years yes they don't let you sit down but if you have a decent length coat that does the job. They win as being very good at protecting from brambles as well as being waterproof and allowing plenty of movement

Waxed cotton leggings get my vote, used them for beating for years yes they don't let you sit down but if you have a decent length coat that does the job. They win as being very good at protecting from brambles as well as being waterproof and allowing plenty of movement

Was toying with the idea of these actually.Have never owned any,but press studs down each leg seems simplicity itself.

Was toying with the idea of these actually.Have never owned any,but press studs down each leg seems simplicity itself.

Yep simple and hard to wreck, I'm due another pair shortly as they do seem to do about 5 seasons. I really don't know anything else as comfortable to wear that resists beating in decent cover. Unlike some we're usually in the middle of it

Some of you must be very posh,snobby,have the need to be "in-vouge" or go beating in open fields there's no way i would spend more than £25 on a pair of leggings,chaps to go beating in.

Or maybe the type of beater who wont go through the thick stuff :hmm:"KEEP IN LINE" !!!! dont you get upset spending £40 + on a pair of leggins only to get them ripped on brambles or black thorn on the first drive ? however much they cost they will get caught and rip eventually. I would be gutted knowing i just got paid my £20 for beating knowing it would go towards a new pair of legging for the next weekend.. :sad1:

I would be gutted knowing i just got paid my £20 for beating knowing it would go towards a new pair of legging for the next weekend.. :sad1:

You get paid for beating?

Think I'll go down the leggings route,despite the gap at the top of the thigh being susceptible to the taller briers as they curl round the wedding tackle!

Edited by Scully

Thank you for all of the replies, I like the look of the ones from John Norris, exactly what I was looking for! :good:

You'll be phwar, phwar whatever you wear :drinks:

Some of you must be very posh,snobby,have the need to be "in-vouge" or go beating in open fields there's no way i would spend more than £25 on a pair of leggings,chaps to go beating in.

Or maybe the type of beater who wont go through the thick stuff :hmm:"KEEP IN LINE" !!!! dont you get upset spending £40 + on a pair of leggins only to get them ripped on brambles or black thorn on the first drive ? however much they cost they will get caught and rip eventually. I would be gutted knowing i just got paid my £20 for beating knowing it would go towards a new pair of legging for the next weekend.. :sad1:

Here here old boy, plenty of Port will be OK for the thick stuff lol. Reckon I'll be sticking to my bargain 3 quid pair of Tacky Max ultra breathable trousers!! Marked down from 35 I'm glad I bought 2 pair :drool:

Edited by click