Sprackles

All speculation at present but I do see a slight problem with this scenario, in fact any scenario in this country where a firearm is used to 'protect ones life/family/property!'

I do hope it works out as has been mentioned above BUT, let us not forget that sense and sensibility seem to leave the room when people are put on trial for defending themselves...

In the wee hours, the shotgun should have been locked away securely. If the shotgun was liberated from it's cabinet, ammunition located, gun loaded and then used on intruder, it will hardly be seen as a spur of the moment 'grab for something' to defend one's self with but more likely will become 'pre-meditated' and therefore not reasonable force. After all, ithe time it would take to make the gun available and ready would suggest it was gotten out on hearing the intruders early on. If the shotgun was in a place/state to be 'grabbed' and used in an instant for fear of one's life, then it can't have been properly secured in the first place!

Whilst I agree with the sentiments so far, I doubt this one will end well for the homeowner, it's not like grabbing a knife in the heat of the moment and stabbing a burglar... Using a properly secured gun requires planning and preparation to some degree!

As far as i am aware, nowhere in British law does it state that self defence must not be "pre-meditated" in order for it to be considered reasonable force. If that was the case, then surely it would also be illegal to learn defensive martial arts and then use them when attacked? It is "pre-meditating" after all.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he did a good job not to kill them, shotgun at what must have been less than 10 yards, indoors, (I am guessing here but why shoot if they are outside)

I have a horrid feeling that this will go against the shooting world though as it is honey for the antis which is sad.

Responsible sgc holder then :P :P BB

Of course, mine are always on my bedside cab. They are there till the morning, then they go out with me. I never leave them lying about, they are on my person 24/7. I don't hide them in house, and I don't trust them in a safe as I know how easyly most of them can be opened.

If I looked out my window and seen a load of big guys breaking in, or if they have a knife etc, I'd be opening my cab without a doubt, get my family in one room, call the police, make some noise. And if they come for me or my family I would use force to stop them.

Of course, mine are always on my bedside cab. They are there till the morning, then they go out with me. I never leave them lying about, they are on my person 24/7. I don't hide them in house, and I don't trust them in a safe as I know how easyly most of them can be opened.

If I looked out my window and seen a load of big guys breaking in, or if they have a knife etc, I'd be opening my cab without a doubt, get my family in one room, call the police, make some noise. And if they come for me or my family I would use force to stop them.

So if you leave them on your bedside cab overnight! how are they on your person 24/7 ??

As someone who lives in melton mowbray it may sound like the idyllic twee country town but you would not believe the shear amount and sort of criminal activity that goes on. Its probably got to do with the fact that its quite a well off place but its absolutely surrounded by scummy council estates. Its the only place in the country that ive seen first hand, old fashioned chalk outlines of bodies in the town center after the police have investigated the latest stabbing.

But that would not be pre meditated would it! holding dry rehersals and timing it,is a little bit different! popcorn anyone??

Edited by Bluebarrels

What do you want? Them clipped onto a nipple ring.

Only the cert holder should know where the keys are kept,if you leave them lying around i suggest other family members have access to them,i keep mine locked away but then again i want to keep my sgc,if you know better crack on BB

Looks like he did a good job not to kill them, shotgun at what must have been less than 10 yards, indoors, (I am guessing here but why shoot if they are outside)

I have a horrid feeling that this will go against the shooting world though as it is honey for the antis which is sad.

I have the same feeling as you Maidment78 ! If some one is able to walk away from a shotgun blast at close range & call for help either has a pact with the devil or a guardian angel I would love to have watching over me !! :hmm:

Edited by Pole Star

Only the cert holder should know where the keys are kept,if you leave them lying around i suggest other family members have access to them,i keep mine locked away but then again i want to keep my sgc,if you know better crack on BB

anyone lost their licence because the keys by the bed when they sleep? would that be thought of as leaving them laying around

In America ( all states are slightly different) if they are in your house you can shoot them. It does wonders for the buglary rate, about a tenth of what we get here.

Yes but Vince did you ever walk into the wrong house by mistake ? I did once but thank God it was in Australia & not the USA !!!

Here is another case I can tell you & this was not in the UK a friend of mine heard some one breaking into his home late one night so my friend grabbed his 9m Luger Pistol & waited by the door of the room the intruder was breaking into !. The moment the intruder walked out of that door he had the Luger pistol shoved into the back of his head & was told don't F!! move ! & the poor so & so dropped his bladder all over the floor ! & do you know who it turned out to be ? THE LODGER come home late & forgotten his key !!.

So all the RAMBO's reading this who are just itching to shoot some one because they are in the wrong house & stand over the corpse of the slain beating their chest like an ape waiting for the police to turn & the press photographers to take a pic of them for the front page of the tabloids !! . THINK AGAIN ! I am glad we don't have the US system .

Edited by Pole Star

Yes but Vince did you ever walk into the wrong house by mistake ? I did once but thank God it was in Australia & not the USA !!!

Here is another case I can tell you & this was not in the UK a friend of mine heard some one breaking into his home late one night so my friend grabbed his 9m Luger Pistol & waited by the door of the room the intruder was breaking into !. The moment the intruder walked out of that door he had the Luger pistol shoved into the back of his head & was told don't F!! move ! & the poor so & so dropped his bladder all over the floor ! & do you know who it turned out to be ? THE LOGGER come home late & forgotten his key !!.

So all the RAMBO's reading this who are just itching to shoot some one because they are in the wrong house & stand over the corpse of the slain beating their chest like an ape waiting for the police to turn & the press photographers to take a pic of them for the front page of the tabloids !! . THINK AGAIN ! I am glad we don't have the US system .

and in the usa they all mostly go on about slugs for home defense ,shoot the intruder and take out one of your kids in the next room through the dry wall at the same time !!!