When it suddenly dawns on you that you are old.

Fisherman Mike

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a regular man, always have been, but of late its taking a few visits to get any satisfaction the first one or two are mostly wind and lots of it, its getting to the point i need to consider having an extra lav built on the bungalow to avoid conflict with Mrs P and her morning shower, poor woman :no:

I am a regular man, always have been, but of late its taking a few visits to get any satisfaction the first one or two are mostly wind and lots of it, its getting to the point i need to consider having an extra lav built on the bungalow to avoid conflict with Mrs P and her morning shower, poor woman :no:

Dont want to sound alarmist but if your bowel habits have altered noticably in a short period of time ( Where your diet has stayed consistant ) you should see a Doctor...my brother had similar syptoms last year, saw a Doctor and it saved his life. :yes:

Dont want to sound alarmist but if your bowel habits have altered noticably in a short period of time ( Where your diet has stayed consistant ) you should see a Doctor...my brother had similar syptoms last year, saw a Doctor and it saved his life. :yes:

You are old when your contemporaries start giving you health tips concerning your bowels.

I suffer with back ache and i'm going grey and bald (which my wife and kids remark on a daily basis). I'm still only 25! Come 40 i'll be a mess!

That said, someone i work with guesed my age the other day.... 32!!!! Only 7 years out!!!! - The wrong way!!

I blame the Mrs and Kids for it! Having kids makes life fly past in the blink of an eye! And the associated stress takes its toll. :cry1::crazy::mad:

I guess that's why we go shooting! :shoot:

The other day I had some group of people going out to celebrate one of the numbers birthday,

few of them were bemoaning the fact they'd hit 30yrs of age,

One of them said something along the lines of "You know what, we're at an age where we can now appreciate things that are 'Retro' "

I had a chuckle to meself as I thought

You bloody wait till you get to an age (Im 47) where you look at and appreciate some of the items/objects on TV prog's like 'Dickinsons Real Deal' / Flog It, or Antiques Roadshow :blink:

My parents lived into their 80's and without any support (other then me now and then) - I'm nothing like their age and sometimes have to 'push' myself.

Makes you realise they were really self -reliant - never a complaint. I just hope I can measure up to their standards.

At 53 I have had more years than I have left,and in some ways that is not a bad thing,you could go on forever about "the old days" but one thing that amazes me is PAYING for pigeon shooting!!! As a lad the farmers would give me cartridges to shoot them! simple solution ...... dont pay ,let them eat the crop, then see what happens when you knock on a door seeking permission to shoot pests!!!!