which fac .22?

rapid12

hi,

ive been out of the airgun world now for a few years since getting my rimmys and shotguns, my question is.

im after a fac rated .22 springer for around barns ect as i dont want to use my rimfire, i only want to spend around 200 ish, i have had fac rapids,707s , s410s before but dont want to spend big bucks or mess around with charging gear as i might only put 100 or so pellets a year through it.

as i remember it hw80s,patriot or elimintors where the ones or is there something different now days.

cheers.

hi,

ive been out of the airgun world now for a few years since getting my rimmys and shotguns, my question is.

im after a fac rated .22 springer for around barns ect as i dont want to use my rimfire, i only want to spend around 200 ish, i have had fac rapids,707s , s410s before but dont want to spend big bucks or mess around with charging gear as i might only put 100 or so pellets a year through it.

as i remember it hw80s,patriot or elimintors where the ones or is there something different now days.

cheers.

What sort of Power do you want, Any/High FAC power in Springers can become a serious handful and counter productive.

Personally I would prefer a Diana 54:heavy but sledge system makes recoil manageable for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwYG0p2NL4 ,a well sorted HW80 comes a close second.Sadly I am not a good enough shot to manage the peculiar sharp recoil of the Eliminator & find the Patriot agricultural compared to the HW80.

Edited by drut

Personally I would prefer a Diana 54:heavy but sledge system makes recoil manageable for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwYG0p2NL4 ,a well sorted HW80 comes a close second.Sadly I am not a good enough shot to manage the peculiar sharp recoil of the Eliminator & find the Patriot agricultural compared to the HW80.

oh yes for the right situation and the man that can hold it up and walk around with it over distances its the best in my eyes too,fantastic once tuned .no recoil felt and can easily be suppressed .no 1,but they tend to be rarer and uk legal power models have fairly high residuals .used model in .22 at allsports of gloucester 400 pluss ...but the best for sure accurate as hell too and best in .22 or .25 if you can get one.80s ok at 18 to 20 .recoil a little but do the job.

I have an AA Tx200 in Fac and it has been great very accurate and easy to shoot. Not much recoild either.

I have a Sub12 TX200, but from experience of tinkering with it I know how easily it could go over power, so easy in fact that it looks to have been designed for FAC use. Tell us some more about your FAC version, I'm interested in FAC air too.

I have a Sub12 TX200, but from experience of tinkering with it I know how easily it could go over power, so easy in fact that it looks to have been designed for FAC use. Tell us some more about your FAC version, I'm interested in FAC air too.

Smooth as a baby's bum and was putting out 18ft lbs when I bought it, have taken rabbits to 70 yards and compared to my fac hw80 it recoils a lot less and is a fair bit quieter as standard too. It was my first air rifle and really is a hassle free joy and pleasure to shoot. Very accurate gun not very pellet fussy and out shoots me every time.

They were designed for fac use as you say hence the big chamber and I'm told they can be tuned to over 20 ft lbs but I won't be changing nine as I'd be afraid of making it worse. Mine is a mark 1 but I believe the mark 2 was a slightl improvement and mechanically and accuracy wise the mark 3 couldn't be improved over the mark 2. Gun is 30 odd years old and still goin strong. Heavy for long treks but it only makes you stronger lol.