fishing

cockercas

I'm going to stop shooting. So I need a new hobby, I used to do a lot of carp fishing when I was younger so I'm going to rake my stuff back out and start up again. Has much changed in the last 5/6 years? Do I still get a rod licence from post office? how many ££s?. Is anyone fishing canals yet or are they still thick with weed?

I went away last weekend for a few days fishing with my son.

We found a lovely spot about 4 hours drive north of Brisbane. Now doesn't that sound so much better than a canal in Yorkshire?

Carp fishermen regularly spend £1500 on tackle and £25 on a ticket. I spent £25 on tackle but it cost me £1500 to get there. :D

47F528F4-098C-4D05-9EEA-DBBB7A64D294-3379-000004B575D3CB1E.jpg

F08520B3-454D-4E7C-8D3C-5F9AC5588F9E-3379-000004B569764F50.jpg

I went away last weekend for a few days fishing with my son.

We found a lovely spot about 4 hours drive north of Brisbane. Now doesn't that sound so much better than a canal in Yorkshire?

Carp fishermen regularly spend £1500 on tackle and £25 on a ticket. I spent £25 on tackle but it cost me £1500 to get there. :D

47F528F4-098C-4D05-9EEA-DBBB7A64D294-3379-000004B575D3CB1E.jpg

F08520B3-454D-4E7C-8D3C-5F9AC5588F9E-3379-000004B569764F50.jpg

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood, great pics.

do both as i split my free time between both fishing and shooting

same here variety is the spice of life when you fall out with fishin you can go shooting an vice versa, by the way you buy your rod license online or int he post office but if bought online you can fish straight away with out having to wait for it to arrive :)

wish i had taken the offer i was offered just a few weeks ago.

Don't know if its still available, but where i have a container, the owners took control of a container full of carp fishing gear..brand new..remote control bait boats, bivvies rods, reels ,alarms , beds, chairs etc etc and they wanted £1, 500 for the lot there were just loads of stuff

I didn't know enough about the gear

Joe.......the two can exist side by side, I do both and still find time to kick the dog and abuse the wife......metaphorically speaking of course.

Think on what you have already mate, I wish I had chores like that.

Ps.....forget Carp, Cod season in the river is almost upon us....if I can wangle a spare spot on my mates boat you're welcome.

As said before you can get your licence at the post office or on line, watch out for some sites as they charge a fee for handling, go direct to the environment agency http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/fishing/31497.aspx

Just have a break to see how you feel, you might sell all your stuff then decide you made the wrong decision.

On top of of the rod licence you will need another licence for the waters you want to fish, if you are lucky the waters might be held under on licence holder, around me think there are at least a 1/2 dozen different owners.

From when I last fishing there have been leaps and bounds in new gear availiable to help you with getting the fish, or just stick to the basics of fishing. If your close enough to places that do sea fishing its worth a try at that as well found the deeper sea fishing can be good in getting the bigger fish.

Stick to pest control species then. It is very easy to justify killing them.

I love shooting but I can't bring myself to kill anything other than pests, rabbits, pigeons and magpies are just about my limit.

I have only shot 2 foxes in all my life (48 year old farmer) and don't really intend to increase that tally.

I can shoot geese as much as I want but have never shot at one.

Pest control is how I get it to sit easy on my mind.

i wont be renewing my fac next time round......started fishing again last year after a ten year break......at the moment i try and alternate weekends between fishing and shooting..for some reason i just seemed to have lost interest in shooting....so i am going to sell my rifles and treat myself to a shotgun and take up clay pigeon shooting,i have had a few goes and couldnt hit sod all but i enjoyed more than shooting my .223

mikky

Its hard to do both a lot, time and mental enegy wise. i have both shot and fished for most of my life and find i swing between one and the other for intensive periods. I dont think so many of shooters who start up now realy get what shootings all about, without understanding your quarry being interested and truely respecting it then it soon becomes just killing- to be fair its the same with fishing to a degree.

If your main kick in shooting is how many you nailed that session or season or which unlikely lucky shot you pulled off, you will pack it in as fast as the photo hunting carp angler