Help finding the right car.

ETO

The car is a big part of mine and the fella's argument. He needs something practical, but cool and roomy - for work, not just because I need to fit upto 5 dogs in at anyone time as well as passengers and possibly luggage if we go away to the van. He's the only one who drives though.

He wants a Mustang. Well not only are they going to be expensive to run, keep, service, insure etc etc etc but the only good looking one is the 2010 one and he wants the 1996 one. But probably only because his friend has one.. :rolleyes:

I want to get him a 4x4 land rover driver experience day, so hopefully he'll agree that maybe a land rover wouldn't be such a bad idea.. His Mum thought that she could get him an experience day driving Lambos and the like - well it didn't get that out of his system like she thought, it made him worse. Sometimes Mum's aren't right.

Ugh any ideas? (apart from me learning to drive - which I am)

Dear ETO

We at Lad's 'r' us often hear of predicament's similar to your's and although we understand you feel the need to have some kind of input when choosing a new vehicle we feel you have overlooked the fact that as the Alpha male/Hunter gatherer his choice of a suitable vehicle should never be brought into question. We understand that this was obviously an oversight by yourself and we are happy to point this out.

Hope this help's.

• 3 weeks later...

Budget is a big part of it....... unless you have mega money to play with 5 dogs is always going to be an issue, a RR, Disco wont necessarily be cheaper to run than a Mustang.....

E63 AMG is nice but the Holden HSV R8 Tourer is more Mustang like with room several dogs

Audi rs6 avant.

V8, 450hp, 4x4 mappable to 550hp and joining the 200mph club for your fella

And a boot big enough to squash 5 dogs in.

Or, a Landy and a mustang..

Mustangs are overrated tho, ford, fix or repair daily

He only wants a mustang cos his friend has one. That or his friend's Dad's corvette. Thanks.

get your test passed and buy a land rover :good: ,130 crew cab pick up.dogs in the back on there own and plenty of room for passengers.

Easier said than done on my £5 an hour wage and constantly cut down hours, the over time is killing - especially when it's night work and my last hour pays for the taxi home. Shocking!

Budget is a big part of it....... unless you have mega money to play with 5 dogs is always going to be an issue, a RR, Disco wont necessarily be cheaper to run than a Mustang.....

E63 AMG is nice but the Holden HSV R8 Tourer is more Mustang like with room several dogs

I know exactly what'll fit 5 dogs in, but he refuses to drive a VW caddy combo.. ;)

Hi ETO

If you have a Local Pay & Play site where people take Offroaders as well as road legal 4x4's take him there & let him see what they can do - it may convince him a 4x4 would be fun as well as practical

Good Luck - V8 90

Thanks - I did think about it and he's not keen on the idea. I've said a 4x4 would be cheaper to run and maintain than an american muscle car..

Cool is all about individual taste. i think my N Reg Disco 1 is cool. Lifted suspension big tyres front winch etc. I do know it draws more looks when I drive it in the city than any other car.

Boot is not huge depending on the size of dogs 5 should fit.

urm I'd call them all mediums. They range between 18kg - 30kg.

Simples :yes:

LR Defender 110 Crew Cab Pick-up XS>

Then hand it over to these guys for a few days, how much power/speed depends on your budget, but your fella will get huge smiles per gallon.

http://www.alivetuning.com/white-110/

Thanks :) Anyhooo - I forgot about this. Things have developed. His Mum may be getting a Van (Fiat Scudo) so she's going to tempt him to buy that for her (2K with fitted cages and passenger seats..) and then he can have the Jeep that she has now. The boot isn't overly big but when we're just carrying the dogs we can put the seats down.