Can anyone help

lurcherboy

I have a great interest in military books...

Can HIGHLY RECOMEND

ONE UP - A Female operator of 14th Int Coy over in ireland.

THE REAL BRAVO 2 ZERO - An interesting investigation to the one told by Andy Mcnabb.

SOLDIER 5 - Another of the patrol memebers of B20. The government tried VERY hard to ban this book.

DEAD MAN WALKING -

DEAD MAN RUNNING - Both VERY GOOD about military inteligence over in NI.

ONCE A PILGRIM - About a merc over in sierra lione..........

DOGS OF WAR - Very disturbing book about a merc over in bos. Read this non stop on a flight over to the states, pretty harrowing when he was detaling the mutilation and genocide of "civilians".

The INFORMER - Another IRA TELL ALL.

I did pick up a copy of THE OATH, story about a doctor caught up in the conflict in the balkans......

There's a great book called 'Is it just me or is everything ****'. It's like an A-Z is ****ness and it's quite funny. Not exactly a novel i know but a laugh non the less.

I've read a few WWII books and the RAF/autobiography i've got is an excellent read, i'll give you the details if you're into that sort of of thing.

How about Wonderland Avenue by Danny Sugarman. Punk kid who ends up befriending Jim Morrison and subsequently managing the doors legacy. I couldn't put it down, a rock and roll story if there every was one. Or the Led Zeppelin story as told by their Road manger, errrrrrrrrrr, richard something, sorry can't remember his name. Again proper rock and roll story, if you're interested i'll dig out the details.

What are you into?

Thanks chaps, stuart you make me sick :good:

Read all and more military stuff LL and but thanks anyway :drool:

Tosspot, sell that lot mate and get another washing machine :good:

Will look it up Norfolk Boy.

Ziplex, is Patterson along the same lines as Koontz? Read most of his but i am not aware of Patterson :D

LB

Thanks chaps, stuart you make me sick :good:

Read all and more military stuff LL and but thanks anyway :drool:

Tosspot, sell that lot mate and get another washing machine :good:

Will look it up Norfolk Boy.

Ziplex, is Patterson along the same lines as Koontz? Read most of his but i am not aware of Patterson :good:

LB

Not really LB, Patterson is more of a crime/thriller writer, Koontz just has a brilliant but wild/vivid imagination! Some of pattersons books have made it to the big screen, Kiss the girls, Along came a spider are two I know of, main character Alex Cross/Morgan Freeman............books considerably better than the films IMO tho'. Pop goes the weasel is another of his and well worth a read. He writes short sharp chapters and even I get through a book in no time! Can't recommend him enough mate. I think we've, (my daughter's an avid fan and usually swipes any new ones on her way out the door)! got about 9 of his books between us. Still horses/courses but........... :D If you fancy a try let me know.

im half way through the history of the V.C. from its inception to present day.all i can say is bloody hell !

"despite losing an arm","shot nine times","killed twenty men and three officers by bayonet" the list is endless.

lb,when the rottie goes to tescos its in there for under seven quid,the most humbling book ive ever read.

ill never bitch about what i do for a living again.

know all smarmy so and so but how many people do you think won it twice ?

Hi All

Try Arabian Sands & The life of my choise by Wilfred Thesiger. He is with out a doubt our greatest adventurer of the last hundred years.

The white spider by Heinrich Harrier, also on the climbing theme Into thin air by Jon Krakaur. And Quest for adventure by Chris Bonington is a great compilation of different types of adventure stories. On a poaching/ hunting theme try I walked by night by Lilias Rider Haggard.

Pat

Hi All

Try Arabian Sands & The life of my choise by Wilfred Thesiger. He is with out a doubt our greatest adventurer of the last hundred years.

The white spider by Heinrich Harrier, also on the climbing theme Into thin air by Jon Krakaur. And Quest for adventure by Chris Bonington is a great compilation of different types of adventure stories. On a poaching/ hunting theme try I walked by night by Lilias Rider Haggard.

Pat

I know Haggard and he is a bloody good read :blink:

LB

LB

Just read this Wolf Talk

Highly recommend it!

Cheers

:no:;);) MS, I have a wildlife park within earshot of my drum and I love to hear them join in with the fire, police, ambulance services when they have a shout.

****** off my four though :lol:

Sweep is holding until I say leave, cheers mate.

LB :drinks: