Benefit cut to those who have more than 2 children

keg

Strangely enough I was in jail yesterday,

one day? I have said before the sentences today are a joke

on a more serious note perhaps this fiasco should be stopped before we reem our own

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/10/24/benefits-for-40-000-children-abroad/?ncid=webmail4

KW

Edited by kdubya

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time why should I have to pay for people to have children I don't want any but shaw as hell wouldn't expect other people to pay for them if I did, if you can't afford to keep children don't have them simple as that what's wrong with people really annoys it really does, so yes I absolutely agree with this proposal well done DC........

The fairest way is to have no child benefit whatsoever. none for the first, second, third etc etc child. You have 'em, you pay for 'em.

If you don't work don't have kids simples, or if you want kids carry on but don't expect free handouts, that should be the law, me and my missus waited till we were financially stable before we had our two, I would love a tribe of kids but due to already paying 1200 quid a month for child care(yes you heard right 1200 quid a month ) with no help off no one we simply can't afford to have any more. I did the sensible and responsible thing and had the snip as any other responsible member of society should do. DOnt get me wrong that was my decision and I don't mean everyone should be steralised. WHat I mean is be responsible and think what you can afford. I must add me and the wife both work, she's a chief scientist at Astra Zeneca and I'm a construction site manager so we do alright but we still can't afford to have more kids, what with the mortgage ,child care and 2 cars to run etc.BUT WE PAY OUR OWN WAY and don't expect free handouts , do you know why ? Because we have dignity and a sense of hard work and pride.

Well done mate this is how it should be done and you should be proud that you are doing the right thing and not expect others to pay for your children.......

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD KIDS DON'T HAVE EM AND EXPECT THE HARD WORKING TAX PAYERS TO FOOT THE BILL YOU SCROUNGING LAZY #########

Atb flynny

Well said that man!!

If you made it clear from the start to these teenage slags mothers that if you get pregnant there will be no free house and benefits for life. They will be living back home with their parents and its down to the parents to support them then none of this would happen. They wouldn't got pregnant, the whole cycle would be broken.

Kill the root and the whole tree dies

Strangely enough I was in jail yesterday, the sums are actually a LOT higher @ £38 000 a year, that should get a few Mail readers popping a gasket.

State sponsored euthanasia. Ooh, someone tried that already....

Now you're talking. That's the bit that matters but there is no chance of providing a high standard of education through a system that is controled by the same ideologues who administer the welfare state. Micheal Gove is the best education secretary we've had in years but he is up against a vast entrenched machine that is committed to imposing an intellectual impoverishment that reinforces the material poverty and squallor sanctified by welfare.

State education is a joke. Gove is doing a good job by bringing in competition. Competition beats state monopolies anyday of the week.

I agree to the cut. There's a local 'yob' (an understatement!) living in my area, who has NEVER worked (officially/legally) in his life, and his 'partner' is expecting their fifth child. The other four range from 6 down to 14 months. He's around 30 years of age.

They live on benefits, get housing association houses, wreck most of them, but get re-housed.

When ever the children destroy their clothing/shoes, they get most of them replaced free of charge. It's not the children's fault, and I actually feel sorry for them.

When my ex wife ******** off with £72.000 of my (our) companies/personal savings account money, I was left with two young children to bring up. I tried to get help off social services, for things like a new washing machine (I asked for a crisis loan) but was refused, as I was working.

did ya not think of selling one of the many guns you have to buy a washing machine,,i would have,,(only jokin) i had the same, closed my buissness , bringing one child up on my own and could not get help of the state for child care so i could go back to work,thankfully my family helped out,

State education is a joke. Gove is doing a good job by bringing in competition. Competition beats state monopolies anyday of the week.

It is. And the real scandal is that on average it costs about the same to educate a child in the state system as in the private sector, yet the quality of education and consequent outcome from the privete sector is streets ahead. The difference is that independent schools do not have the foot of trade unionism, the teacher training machine nor LEAs on their throats. They are free to provide a real education without interference or politicism and they are subject to competition. They have to produce results. Micheal Gove gets it. He knows that the state system should be emulating and competing with the private sector rather than trying to hobble it. Unfortunately the leftist establishment is like a cancer in our national life. Rather than following the academic example of independent schools they would close them down and impose institutional ignorance for all.

The most sickening aspect of this betrayal is that many of those at the head of the leftist establishment, and many of Labour's senior figures, are themselves products of private schools and 'elite' universities and have risen to the (very well paid) top in public life on the back of a high quality competitive education and once there dedicate themselves and their publicly funded budgets to preventing as many as possible of those not from their own political milieau from having the opportunity to do the same. And all the while they bleat and drivel about 'fairness' 'access' and 'equality'.

Edited by Gimlet

If you made it clear from the start to these teenage slags mothers that if you get pregnant there will be no free house and benefits for life. They will be living back home with their parents and its down to the parents to support them then none of this would happen. They wouldn't got pregnant, the whole cycle would be broken.

Kill the root and the whole tree dies

That sums it up for me. I really do like the idea of a benefit system that helps those who are in need. If I lost my job I'd like a hand and there are plenty of other folk out there who through no fault of their own are in trouble. By all means help them and I'm happy to pay.

But... Those who leave school and have kids, or men who leave school and don't work shouldn't get a penny. You should have to put in before you can take out. And I don't mean get a job for six months before quitting either! I can't see how it would be so hard to bring in a rule where your claim allowance goes up with the time you've worked?

It's so easy to see. Most of these people have a generation older than them who are the same. If they've never paid much in, don't pay much out unless their issues are beyond their control. It's pretty simple! I'd love kids but I think we'd struggle to afford them so I've held back. I'm 31 now and just thinking about it. They're rarely accidents, more often caused by a drunk mother throwing up her pill because she's downed too much cheap cider! Well hard luck, not my problem!

Having kids is the easiest way of getting out of work, a girl who went to the same school as me has 3 kids by 2 different farthers is a single parent all at the ripe age of 22 doesn't know what work is, lives in a nice new build 3 bedroom house in a nice area, there the sort of idiots who need the benefit cut on having more than 2 children....

They should give free child care to working family's. that would get loads more in work. I am just about to have my second child, I earn above the threshold for tax credits so I get no help at all apart from the child credit everyone gets.

My missus works part time and has worked since the day she left school, but once our second child is here it would cost MORE than she earns to put kids in child care. So we have no option but for her to quit her job. Surly that's not right!!!

System is broke, it should be made so both parents are working, an putting into the system, they should be better off than people that don't. Just not working out that way.

Family opposite me don't work, never have. they have a 12 plate Kia (better car than me), go on holiday every year an have all the stuff they need. All on benefits / disability etc 5kids and cos she's depressed apparently, he's down as her career, and gets loads of money, free car it's all a sham and a joke. Wonder what the point of going to work sometimes!!!!!!

Well said PM Gimlet :D

It is sad that the left wishes to seek to reduce standards in education by banning private schools. Their own ideologies prevent them from adopting measures which would see an improvement in education standards. Sad at a time when the rest of the world is gearing up and better educated we have left wing loonies holding the general population back.

Edited by Laird Lugton

They should give free child care to working family's. that would get loads more in work. I am just about to have my second child, I earn above the threshold for tax credits so I get no help at all apart from the child credit everyone gets.

My missus works part time and has worked since the day she left school, but once our second child is here it would cost MORE than she earns to put kids in child care. So we have no option but for her to quit her job. Surly that's not right!!!

Actually I think your other half should leave her job if she can. On a harsh note you made the choice to have the second child so you should be able to afford either the care for it or for your other half not to work. On a more positive note I think it would be great that your mrs would be at home with the kids rather than putting them in nursery and working. The kids get to spend a load of time with their mum which is how it should be. If you rough it until the youngest is in school then she can go back to part time again.

I do agree with you that it would be good if the government would fund a nursery system for kids under school age, but I also think that time with parents when you're young is very important. It's a shame to put them into nursery at such a young age if you can afford not to.

I can afford my kids, they get anything they need, I'm just saying its another person out of work, government will loose tax, without her wages we will prob get some tax credits etc etc. so government looses and it will cost them. What I'm saying. Plus the missus wants to set a hard working example to our kids.

It's all wrong. If both parents want to work, regardless what we earn, then the government should support it, and a family with both parents working should be significantly better off than those who never work and scrounge of benefits.

Winds me up.

I can afford my kids, they get anything they need, I'm just saying its another person out of work, government will loose tax, without her wages we will prob get some tax credits etc etc. so government looses and it will cost them. What I'm saying. Plus the missus wants to set a hard working example to our kids.

It's all wrong. If both parents want to work, regardless what we earn, then the government should support it, and a family with both parents working should be significantly better off than those who never work and scrounge of benefits.

Winds me up.

and just were do you think the govt get the money? oh thats right its the taxpayer, child benefit is one thing, supporting others who have kids with childcare so they can have a "better lifestyle" is another, if you both want to work keep it zipped.

KW

You miss understand me, I don't want money from the government, I want me and the other half to earn our money, but not have it so people on benefits have the same lifestyle and better car, if you work The government should make it so you are better off. It's plain simple. Otherwise people won't bother working, which is what's happening, and it's not financially viable for my missus to work which I thing is wrong.

It is. And the real scandal is that on average it costs about the same to educate a child in the state system as in the private sector, yet the quality of education and consequent outcome from the privete sector is streets ahead. The difference is that independent schools do not have the foot of trade unionism, the teacher training machine nor LEAs on their throats. They are free to provide a real education without interference or politicism and they are subject to competition. They have to produce results. Micheal Gove gets it. He knows that the state system should be emulating and competing with the private sector rather than trying to hobble it. Unfortunately the leftist establishment is like a cancer in our national life. Rather than following the academic example of independent schools they would close them down and impose institutional ignorance for all.

The most sickening aspect of this betrayal is that many of those at the head of the leftist establishment, and many of Labour's senior figures, are themselves products of private schools and 'elite' universities and have risen to the (very well paid) top in public life on the back of a high quality competitive education and once there dedicate themselves and their publicly funded budgets to preventing as many as possible of those not from their own political milieau from having the opportunity to do the same. And all the while they bleat and drivel about 'fairness' 'access' and 'equality'.

Good point well made. Balls was privately educated as was Blair.

System is broke, it should be made so both parents are working, an putting into the system, they should be better off than people that don't. Just not working out that way.

Family opposite me don't work, never have. they have a 12 plate Kia (better car than me), go on holiday every year an have all the stuff they need. All on benefits / disability etc 5kids and cos she's depressed apparently, he's down as her career, and gets loads of money, free car it's all a sham and a joke. Wonder what the point of going to work sometimes!!!!!!

totally agree with this, i'm in a similar situation - prior to having our second child, my wife had gone back to work, we were above any thresholds to get help with anything (fair enough), just had child benefit. on the birth of our second, my wife would have been going to work for next to nothing, so we decided she would stay at home with the kids until they are at school, because my salary is above the threshold we will be losing child benefit from next year. My wife is professionally qualified, had a good job, childcare costs are prohibitive.

the entire tax/benefit system has got to encourage productive people and behaviour, we should start off with two tiers of benefits, with a higher level for those who have paid into the system, and a much lower level for those who could have paid, but didnt.

before having a second child, we thought long and hard about it, about cost, time, house, car etc before deciding we could afford to do it - someone already on benefits has absolutley got to be subject to this same process.

....the entire tax/benefit system has got to encourage productive people and behaviour, we should start off with two tiers of benefits, with a higher level for those who have paid into the system, and a much lower level for those who could have paid, but didnt....

The tax and benefit system should not be linked at all. If you pay tax and earn a good income which you do not squander yet cannot afford to raise your children, either you have too many children, too little income, or you pay too much tax. These are cold facts but they cannot be contemplated: the first is too Orwellian, the second too materialistic and the third is political heresy. So instead you are taxed more heavily than ever to fund your own benefits which are given to you as a bribe to produce more children for whom there will be ever fewer jobs in an over-populated economy driven into decline by welfare dependency and rising taxation...........Kafka couldn't have thought that one up. You are being led up the garden path.

Edited by Gimlet

If you pay tax and earn a good income which you do not squander yet cannot afford to raise your children, either you have too many children, too little income, or you pay too much tax.

I just thought I would quote that so everybody can read it again. Never a truer word spoken.