O.M.G WHAT HAVE I DONE

hodge911

well i think its confirmed ...................................

i,m losing the plot .....i,ve sold the hilux surf and bought a 1995 300tdi disco :crazy: :crazy:

its had the boot floor replaced and the rest of the chassis is good the inner wings rear arches and all the places where they normally rot are all good

Edited by hodge911

I know the feeling. I've just recently got rid of my rare beast of a 3ltr intercooler Surf that I had for 7 years, with no problems whatsoever.

I've now got a Discovery 3 . She seems like a fabulous car, drives like a dream. Awesomely comfortable off road. But time will tell.

I keep wondering why I did it. (probably because I'd had it so long, you get too familiar and just fancy a change.)

Welcome to the club.

Get yourself on Thed2boysclub forum, fantastic site with anything you would ever want to know about your Disco, and great members. I tried the lLandyzone forum but too many idiots on there and no moderation.

Cos

well had the first break down on sunday night .................

gauge read 1/4 tank going up a hill and bllllluuurrrr ran out of diesel or so i thought so unscrew the fuel filter and yes its empty .

phone my nephew go to garage and get some fuel fill the filter put rest in tank [10ltrs] crank over for a couple seconds and away she goes ..........for a few seconds then ran out again filter empty anyway as it was 8pm and chuffing freezing phone the AA and got towed home .

looked at it yesterday and after 45mins or so of eliminating different things like lift pump water trap above rear axle finally took the inspection hatch in the boot floor off and low and behold the outlet pipe on the sender unit had rotted threw and snapped

new sender unit fitted fill the filter and a couple of turns later all is well running sweet as a nut again and pulls a fair bit better now aswell

the joys of owning disco i suppose

Edited by hodge911

Common fault that one, along with the rest of them lol!. Got a 97' 300 tdi and love it but I quite like getting my hands dirty now and again, part of the territory I'm afraid. As a word of warning avoid fitting anything made by Britpart, you'll see how cheap their parts are compared to the competition and you'll be seriously tempted however if you do it won't be long before your changing it again, buy cheap buy twice.

Also think yourself lucky that when you lifted the carpet in the rear you actually had any boot floor left. Best of luck with her you'll either love it or hate it, landrovers certainaly have character.

Edited by Trevorevans

I bought a set of Britpart seat covers, there was no way I could get them fitted. The holes for the headrest supports were totally misaligned. Sent them back and got proper Land Rover ones and they went on easily pity about the price though - eye watering by comparison.

Common fault that one, along with the rest of them lol!. Got a 97' 300 tdi and love it but I quite like getting my hands dirty now and again, part of the territory I'm afraid. As a word of warning avoid fitting anything made by Britpart, you'll see how cheap their parts are compared to the competition and you'll be seriously tempted however if you do it won't be long before your changing it again, buy cheap buy twice.

Also think yourself lucky that when you lifted the carpet in the rear you actually had any boot floor left. Best of luck with her you'll either love it or hate it, landrovers certainaly have character.

its had the boot floor replaced with the repair panel that you can buy .............thankfully