Sgt Mark Andrews gets his job back.

Dirty Harry

Most of us work hard and do a good job but some will never be happy.

that not quite true H.when some low life child killer orsex offender get his hand or head trapped in a door most on here will applaud you and your mates, when folk who dont deserve it get the same, hackles will be raised.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensible question....in your opinion would it have been a different matter if everything else was the same but the prisoner was a 6'2'' male?

No, the officer in question and you would have behaved in a respectable manner. You wouldn`t have had the nuts to shout him down, drag him away single handed and thrown him into a cell floor face down on your own. No, because if he`d faced you up you would have moved in the opposite direction but women are an easy target for a 6 ft bully in uniform.

Edited by Muggins.

Nonsense, you will then find 20+ burly cops both male and female that should be out on the beat but are in the canteen will throw down there take away and punch him silly until the doc arrives, then punch him some more when the doc has gone.

tut tut very cynical :lol:

KW

ok i`m not a real fan of the police but i understand that they sometimes they have a sh## job to do and someone got to do it.

after watching the vid a few more times i have come to the conclusion that the officer was just a bit rough.we have all watched the cops with cameras and programs on telly like it,so no one can be that upset when the police get a bit physical when making arrests or putting them in the cells.

the judge that has quashed this conviction has watched the vid and has also watched the tv programs and has also come to the conclusion that a little bit of man handling of drunks that are putting up a fight has become commonly accepted thus hasn`t really done anything wrong.

the tribunel has said if the courts accept what he has done is the norm then he cant be sacked for it.

as part of his reinstatment part of it may be some sort of disaplinary action but will only be a slap on the wrist.

No, the officer in question and you would have behaved in a respectable manner. You wouldn`t have had the nuts to shout him down, drag him away single handed and thrown him into a cell floor face down on your own. No, because if he`d faced you up you would have moved in the opposite direction but women are an easy target for a 6 ft bully in uniform.

How wrong you are.

How many lives have you saved in custody Blaser?

Probably not more than I have.

The point I was making is that you clearly have no idea what's it like being a police officer and working in the custody environment.

Over the last 5-10 years things have changed a lot and a big part of this is to try and reduce deaths and injures in custody.

We go into a lot of detail about medication, medical conditions, injuries, mental health and drug issues. This all takes time, increases the amount of staff required and slows things down.

You can trawl the Internet if you like and find more reports to support your anti police stance and to be honest I don't care.

Most of us work hard and do a good job but some will never be happy.

Harry

Harry I did not have to trawl the internet, that link was at the top of the page. I hope that you've read it and remembered the key points, it might just save your bacon one day as there are far too many deaths and injuries when people are inside the local nick, when they are in the care of the Police.

Over the last 5-10 years things have changed a lot and a big part of this is to try and reduce deaths and injures in custody.

We go into a lot of detail about medication, medical conditions, injuries, mental health and drug issues. This all takes time, increases the amount of staff required and slows things down.

Ah. I see it clearly now. The Sergeant was trying to reduce injuries in custody. I appreciate that the video might appear to show the complete opposite, but your explanation covers it nicely. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3 points to make after reading this thread

1,,, assault is assault be it common or abh/gbh,,he assaulted the woman,,

2,,,, leeds chimp,,although doing your job,,,you still assaulted the guy and caused bodily harm to him you should not be a doorman with your attitude

3.... i did have the uppermost respect for the police of our country and always have,,i also think their job is getting harder due to the dooooguuudddeeerrrrssss who want to make money from there ill treatment of suspects,,but i have lost all faith in them after the letter i received from them re my sgc,so now i will join the millions who just dont care what happens anymore because they have their own law to themselves,,i rest my case thankyou :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

first off for those that defend a bully hitting a so called drunk, the woman was never proved to be drunk and secondly the thug (wont use the term officer as that implies respect) was considered not fit and proper! by his force so much so in fact they appealed the decision to reinstate ( which was made 2011)

Ms Somerville, of Colerne, was arrested for failing to provide a breath test after being found asleep in her car. Charges against her were dropped.

Temporary Chief Superintendent Paul Mills said: "Wiltshire Police have sought Judicial Review of the Police Appeals Tribunal decision in 2011, which concluded that Mr Andrews should be reinstated as a police officer within the force.

“The force seeks Judicial Review, to reinstate the findings of an initial independent police misconduct hearing that took place in 2010, that concluded the conduct of Mr Andrews was such that he should be dismissed from Wiltshire Police.

KW

Edited by kdubya

3 points to make after reading this thread

1,,, assault is assault be it common or abh/gbh,,he assaulted the woman,,

2,,,, leeds chimp,,although doing your job,,,you still assaulted the guy and caused bodily harm to him you should not be a doorman with your attitude

3.... i did have the uppermost respect for the police of our country and always have,,i also think their job is getting harder due to the dooooguuudddeeerrrrssss who want to make money from there ill treatment of suspects,,but i have lost all faith in them after the letter i received from them re my sgc,so now i will join the millions who just dont care what happens anymore because they have their own law to themselves,,i rest my case thankyou :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

shows how much you actually read the thread then

read it again and he you are saying i cant do that then you have no clue about the law

shows how much you actually read the thread then

read it again and he you are saying i cant do that then you have no clue about the law

assault in any shape or form is against the law,,and yes i fully understand where your coming from but as i,ve said "assault is assault be it common or otherwise in a court of law,, hiding behind your door badge does not take this fact away,wether the guy deserved it or not,you did not use reasonable force as he split his head open on a wall,i,m not getting at you i,m just pointing out a fact of law

assault in any shape or form is against the law,,and yes i fully understand where your coming from but as i,ve said "assault is assault be it common or otherwise in a court of law,, hiding behind your door badge does not take this fact away,wether the guy deserved it or not,you did not use reasonable force as he split his head open on a wall,i,m not getting at you i,m just pointing out a fact of law

and the law states you can do a pre emptive strike if you fear for your safety and others around you...and since he was in my personal space and still struggling I was well withing my rights to do that and both coppers agreed and asked ME if I wanted to press charges for the punch he thrown earlier

Solicitors would stick up for a murderer even if they saw them kill someone as its a job and they have no scruples!!

Royal

Just give it all a little bit more thought. Everything gets better with a little more thought.

You say a lawyer would stick up for a murderer.

Well, what's the difference between taking a man's life in a bar fight and taking a man's life in Afghanistan?

Just give it all a little bit more thought. Everything gets better with a little more thought.

You say a lawyer would stick up for a murderer.

Well, what's the difference between taking a man's life in a bar fight and taking a man's life in Afghanistan?

dont bite ! just remember that the old phrase ignorance is bliss is a lie.

KW