Sgt Mark Andrews gets his job back.

Dirty Harry

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea if that's right or wrong (though I suspect it's wrong) but even if it's right I couldn't care less.

PW SAS worship is just walting by proxy.

Now discuss that.

It's not worship - it's simply a respect of men who can do with a 100ish pound pack on their back what most of us can only dream of doing without one. On top of that they get sent into the very worst of the risky areas of the planet because they are the minority that stand a spec of chance of getting through it where the average soldier would be killed or mess something up.

It's ok to show a bit of man love for guys with that level of skill and fitness. Lets face it they work bloody hard to get there and to be dumped on when they get there just isn't on!

"There are rogues in every trade and the police are no exception but with the trouble this woman was causing it's not surprising she got handled harshly"

The Krays were rogues, many called them thugs but they never treated a woman like Sgt Andrews did.

Edited by Muggins.

At last we`re beginning to get some common sense in this debate.

There is another thread running in which an SAS soldier has been jailed for firearms offences.

There seems to be a lot of support in that thread for the standpoint that the soldier should just get a ####ing and not time inside.

Can`t say that I find that disagreeable given his military background,the attendant circumstances and despite the severity of the offence.

What I can`t quite grasp is why so many think that Sgt Andrews should be given any less consideration for what was undoubtedly wrong but needs keeping in perspective. Something should certainly happened to him, at the very least Operational Advice recorded on his P file which may well have affected future promotion.

To hear the baying of the anti police faction calling him scum and demanding his imprisonment, sacking, castration or whatever just plain lacks common sense.

If a decision you have made comes to the right conclusion, it will usually withstand quite substantial changes in circumstance, and still be correct so here is a theoretical conundrum for the police bashers:

Everything that you have seen in the Andrews tape remains the same.

What, however, you do not know is that, before joining the police and rapidly rising to the rank of Sgt, Andrews served in the British Army. In the SAS.

Discuss.

So

i dont really think there is any comparison between the sas bloke and the copper, one had brain damage and the other just lacked on

Great, maybe tongue in cheek, but true.

Anyway back to reality and thugs not SAS, as it's got nothing to do with this debate.

I am very very concerned at the vicious attitude of this bunch of big brave women bashers on here. Do they own guns? my god I hope not.

Edited by Oops Missed Again

The worst of the Sgt Andrews matter is the response of some of the serving officers. That however has fortunately been balanced by a more fair and balanced number of serving officers thereby giving further credence to the "good and bad in all walks" argument.

Yep, people make mistakes and perhaps we are in a culture that is overly blame driven. Hands up early and an apology goes miles in my books; had that happened then Sgt Andrews could have had some retraining, a redeployment and someone keeping him away from the public and an eye on him.

Edit:

I loved the walting by proxy bit - bang on the money that one :lol:

Edited by Mungler

Mungler - on the money. The man couldn't handle a woman without bouncing her on the floor. He should have got assistance, but chose the "easy" option. It seemed like second nature to him. I marvel at the intelligence - or lack of it - of those who seem to think he did nothing wrong at all.

That mastermind sergeant has to put a woman in the cells. It proves a bit more than he can handle - even with his SAS training. Thinks bubble appears - why bother with a trial - she must be guilty of something - got an idea - I will rough her up a bit. I am so well 'ard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am very very concerned at the vicious attitude of this bunch of big brave women bashers on here. Do they own guns? my god I hope not.

Lets get this clear... Because I think that this silly drunken woman who fell when she was pushed is at least partly to blame for the incident I'm likely to be a danger to the public with my guns? I'm not sure I follow that? And we're women bashers are we? What a poor judge of character you are! Have a punt at how many physical fights I've been in in my life with anyone (excluding boxing and martial arts which I tried when I was younger with both male and female opponents. She beat me by the way)... I'll give you a clue - it's more than none but less than two. Not bad for a 30 year old vicious thug hey? The one time I did floor someone they piled into me and several attempts at calming the situation failed. I put the lad down before he could get lucky and hurt me. I hit him once and he stayed down - hardly handing out a beating is it...

I've avoided conflict my whole life, I hate violence. The thing is I don't see this as a violent act - the guy was heavy handed in getting this woman to her cell but he was doing his job. If he wanted her hurt she would be properly hurt and the chances are he wouldn't have made the rank that he'd gained before this happened because he'd have let himself down long before he got this far.

If he wanted her hurt she would be properly hurt and the chances are he wouldn't have made the rank that he'd gained before this happened because he'd have let himself down long before he got this far.

Classic. She was properly hurt. As for the latter part of the quote - bit of a quantum leap in logic.

its not like he dropped his knee in her back or gave her a kicking at all....she fell and if she had complied then none of this would have happened

she fell? I thought tommy cooper was dead?

KW

its not like he dropped his knee in her back or gave her a kicking at all....she fell and if she had complied then none of this would have happened

kdubya - more like Monty Python. :lol: :lol:

I suspect if he had not knocked her about - none of this would have happened.

That's what you would have done is it

I don't kno what rank you are but I would love to meet you and your superiors and have them read this.

Do you own or use a gun?

Lets get this clear... Because I think that this silly drunken woman who fell when she was pushed is at least partly to blame for the incident I'm likely to be a danger to the public with my guns? I'm not sure I follow that? And we're women bashers are we? What a poor judge of character you are! Have a punt at how many physical fights I've been in in my life with anyone (excluding boxing and martial arts which I tried when I was younger with both male and female opponents. She beat me by the way)... I'll give you a clue - it's more than none but less than two. Not bad for a 30 year old vicious thug hey? The one time I did floor someone they piled into me and several attempts at calming the situation failed. I put the lad down before he could get lucky and hurt me. I hit him once and he stayed down - hardly handing out a beating is it...

I've avoided conflict my whole life, I hate violence. The thing is I don't see this as a violent act - the guy was heavy handed in getting this woman to her cell but he was doing his job. If he wanted her hurt she would be properly hurt and the chances are he wouldn't have made the rank that he'd gained before this happened because he'd have let himself down long before he got this far.

I'm very sorry Mother Teresa I must have it all wrong, like the 90% on here who think he is a thug.

I don't believe a word you write, and if you think what he did was ok yes you are a danger

Edited by Oops Missed Again

That's what you would have done is it

I don't kno what rank you are but I would love to meet you and your superiors and have them read this.

Do you own or use a gun?

never said i was a copper and if you read the threads and posts on here from me you would know what i do as a job which entails dealing with people like that and worse

And yes i do own guns as you put it. Details are below in my Sig but then again you would have read that aswell

Edited by leeds chimp

It would appear that the vociferous anti police faction are intransigent in their view point.

Sgt Andrews does`nt get the benefit of the doubt .There is no consideration for a moments lack of focus or loss of temper.

By that harsh turn of logic then, our real SAS soldier stays in prison.

I just hope that none of the police bashers made the moral mistake of signing the petition to review the soldiers position. In life,you can`t have it both ways. Whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Is there a way that you can remove your signature from the SAS petition because you must have been morally confused when you signed it.