pheasant today with huntsman calssic .22

evo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Total tosh bob most of us on here had our first kill with air or catty for that matter and a lot les quality than we have these days..... Go for it mate

Oh so true cut my shooting teeth on various German Diana's smooth bore and rifled thought I was the dogs do-dah when I upgraded to a Webley Falcon, Mk 3, Bsa Airsporter lol happy days I used to cycle just under 10 miles to get my airgun pellets, Marksman or BSA pylarm.

I think we all have forgot where we started.

Alan

dam good shot,why do shotgunners have such a problem if any game bird is not shot on the wing.i have seen a beaten shoot it must be so hard to hit those birds comeing right at you with 80 odd pellets heading their way,so much skill.............not.good on you 30 yards 1 pellet 1barrel 1 chance 1kill what is soo bad about that?and you are going to eat it.unlike alot of shoots where i have seen eccess birds buried in the ground.dare say i will get some **** now from you know who.bring it on

Uncool

I bet this bloke has wounded many a pigeon with his shotgun and his motto in his signature confirms it lol

Whatever I want to do, I will at least give it a go. If I succeed, happy days. If I fail, so be it. At least I tried.

I personally think that too many people with FAC look down on people with air rifles and camo clothing in photos, At least when you pulled the trigger you knew if you got the shot you aimed for that it was going to be stone dead. I also bet a lot of the shotgun shooters would not have the patience or skill to stalk any animal to within air rifle ranges so keep up the good work and I speak from a ex air rifle hunter who took the easy way out to decoy pigeons to me rather than me trying to get close to my quarry ;)

I bet this bloke has wounded many a pigeon with his shotgun and his motto in his signature confirms it lol

Whatever I want to do, I will at least give it a go. If I succeed, happy days. If I fail, so be it. At least I tried.

I personally think that too many people with FAC look down on people with air rifles and camo clothing in photos, At least when you pulled the trigger you knew if you got the shot you aimed for that it was going to be stone dead. I also bet a lot of the shotgun shooters would not have the patience or skill to stalk any animal to within air rifle ranges so keep up the good work and I speak from a ex air rifle hunter who took the easy way out to decoy pigeons to me rather than me trying to get close to my quarry ;)

I will bet you a thousand pound he hasn't :good:

I cant really understand the argument that it is unsporting , a pheasants head is a small target bobbing around and at 40 yards it takes some skill .

As for saying you can just walk up to them , try that on a wild bird ! , it may be different on a overfed reared bird .

I would say its much more of a sporting shot than those that are taken at hares under the lamp that we are always getting pictures of on here .

Bloke...... Really??

It's just wrong to shoot a pheasant with an air rifle, no laws broken...nothing wrong with air rifles...... just not sporting!

Come one people how many of you can honestly say that in your whole time shooting that you aint shot a pigeon thats landed in the decoys?

approx 300 lead pellets at a bird on the ground now thats not sporting neither is using decoys if you think about it you are kind of cheating to get any sort of numbers

I cant really understand the argument that it is unsporting , a pheasants head is a small target bobbing around and at 40 yards it takes some skill .

As for saying you can just walk up to them , try that on a wild bird ! , it may be different on a overfed reared bird .

I would say its much more of a sporting shot than those that are taken at hares under the lamp that we are always getting pictures of on here .

And fox shooting at night with whistles, Perhaps I may sell my guns and start walking around the fields in high vis clothing and armed with a catapult!

why is it legal to shoot 'game' with an air rifle but not a semi auto? just a keeper asking a question!

It's not illegal to shoot pheasants with a semi auto.

It's down to the shoot if they want folk to use a semi auto or not. Most just don't allow them.

It's not illegal with a semi auto unless it has a magazine capacity of greater than 2 i.e a FAC semi.

No, that's for wildfowl mate.

dam good shot,why do shotgunners have such a problem if any game bird is not shot on the wing.i have seen a beaten shoot it must be so hard to hit those birds comeing right at you with 80 odd pellets heading their way,so much skill.............not.good on you 30 yards 1 pellet 1barrel 1 chance 1kill what is soo bad about that?and you are going to eat it.unlike alot of shoots where i have seen eccess birds buried in the ground.dare say i will get some s..t now from you know who.bring it on

Have you ever shot driven pheasant ?

dam good shot,why do shotgunners have such a problem if any game bird is not shot on the wing.i have seen a beaten shoot it must be so hard to hit those birds comeing right at you with 80 odd pellets heading their way,so much skill.............not.good on you 30 yards 1 pellet 1barrel 1 chance 1kill what is soo bad about that?and you are going to eat it.unlike alot of shoots where i have seen eccess birds buried in the

ground.dare say i will get some s..t now from you know who.bring it on

You have obviously not done any shotgun shooting if u think its that easy rifle shooting and shotgun shooting are two totally different things .