BEST QUALITY BUNNY GUN

retromlc

Is it really good shooting ? That gun is clamped, from the look of the start of the video. If that is the case, then even prone with a bipod would be less accurate than that. That number of misses, fliers, wounding shots would not be acceptable to me at the 50+ metre shots in that video. IMO no, that is not particularly good shooting at all, at 50 m I'd expect similar from my 12ft/lb AA 510 and at 60 I'd expect betetr, I've never really shot targets further than that, but once ranged in then I'd expect 50% on the bull.

I'll say it again, anyone that reckons they can hit something the size of a 5p coin, with every shot, at 70m, using an air rifle of any sort, should be on an international team. I would certainly expect them to have a large, and very full, trophy cabinet. A 5p coin has a diameter of about 17mm. I've got to call ******** on that one. To regularly hit 17mm at 70 meteres but the guy in the vid was struggling to hit a 19mm bull?

Now, maybe Nightsearcher and others can really do that. I have my doubts +1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shooting bunnies out at 80yrds to me is a no go,,dont care what i was using in the air rifle world,,i,m not saying it cant be done,what i and many other people on here are saying is we would not attempt it because we could not guarantee a clean kill . my opinion is,, if i had any doubt in my mind then i would not take the shot, even at 50yrds with a sub 12 is taking risks and would undoubtely cause more wounding than clean kills,,,is a clean kill not what we want here ? .up to and including 40yrds is my max and that is only my opinion and what i do,i have all the confidence in the world at that range, but i have to agree with the large majority of people on here that an 80yrd bunny shot is a definate NO for me

KENT,,,, totally agree buddy

VIDEO,,,, this video has proved nothing,does he not have confidence in holding the rifle himself,,,if this was to be done in a lying down position on a bipod i think you would agree the results would be totally different and the pellets would be all over the targets,so the video does not answer your point,as said it is a clamped rifle and even this was shooting all over the place

LAST COMMENT,,if anyone is thinking of taking bunny shots out to 80yrds then i think they need to take up a different sport because its not doing ours anygood,,,,i rest my case,,

Well,thanks for all the advice,i went to Countryways in West Malling today to look at the AirArms S510,a daystae ranger,and a HW100kt,after a couple of hours I'd narrowed it down to a HW100 inthumbhole carbine or a Std lenght Sporter stock,In the end I went for the sporter std lengh,very nice it is too,my brother was impressed that he bought the std in a thumbhole

Edited by retromlc

Well,thanks for all the advice,i went to Countryways in West Malling today to look at the AirArms S510,a daystae ranger,and a HW100kt,after a couple of hours I'd narrowed it down to a HW100 inthumbhole carbine or a Std lenght Sporter stock,In the end I went for the sporter std lengh,very nice it is too,my brother was impressed that he bought the std in a thumbhole

what cal. did you go for? .177 or .22 Either way it sounds like a winner. hope you enjoy it mate!

Edited by chrisjpainter

Totally unecessary to post that pic, I would ask that you delete it. If that's not ammunition for you-know-who, I don't know what is.

Sorry i offened you bud, pic now removed,was intended to show advantage of FAC and capabilities.Seen to many wounded & distressed bunnies shot with sub 12LB's

Edited by Davyo

Super10 FAC .22, 70 yrds to the back of the napper ,,,,, at 70yrds i,m not suprised,fac or sub 12 air rifle , i,d be pushing it even with a ,22rf , thats a daft distance to take shots at rabbits with an air rifle ,not saying it cant be done but it is probably why you have seen so many wounders as you say

Super10 FAC .22, 70 yrds to the back of the napper ,,,,, at 70yrds i,m not suprised,fac or sub 12 air rifle , i,d be pushing it even with a ,22rf , thats a daft distance to take shots at rabbits with an air rifle ,not saying it cant be done but it is probably why you have seen so many wounders as you say

Gun is capable as putting holes through 1/2 ply at 70 yds & bang on the cross hairs, guy just didnt like to see a picture of a bunny with its eyes popped,