Lidl night vision scope from Thurs 29th Nov @ £99

BerettaSV10

Just had the lidl flyer through the door and from the 29th Nov they have in a night vision scope @ £99. I don't have a clue how good these are but may be tempted to get one.

Manufacture Bresser

Specs are scope 5 x mag x 50 mm objective lens

Resolution pixels 580 x 500

Field of vision @ 100mtr 6 : 6

7 lens system and condenser lens for bright and high contrast image

Diopter adjustment.

Fully coated lens

Close range from 1 mtr

video out skt to connect to ext recording devices.

Intergrated infrared light for use in total darkness.

Includes storage bag, wrist strap, cleaning cloth and batteries.

Size in cm 5.8 x 8 x 17

Added link

http://www.lidl.co.u...index_36594.htm

Edited by BerettaSV10

are these not the night vision monoculars rather than a scope,if so i have one and am quite pleased with it for the price, good for spotting but unfortunately you cant fix it to the rifle, at least not that i know.Of course i may be wrong in which case i think they will go before the have had time to warm the shelves

are these not the night vision monoculars rather than a scope,if so i have one and am quite pleased with it for the price, good for spotting but unfortunately you cant fix it to the rifle, at least not that i know.Of course i may be wrong in which case i think they will go before the have had time to warm the shelves

They were supposed to have them before but didn't get them in, OR, didn't put them out on sale, the local store manager said it was a pricing error :hmm:

But yes it's a monocular rather than a scope, sure there's a few clever folks who might knock up an adapter to mount on behind a scope ?

I bought one from Lidl's many years ago, when they were first advertised. For the price, they were good value, but I found the onboard illuminator needed a boost. I used a hand held 12v lamp with an IR filter attached. This allowed me to see a lot further, and I estimated the range to be approx 150yards. Without the extra IR, it was approx 60-70 yards.

I use one of these as a spotter, the built in IR is OK to about 50m. I made an IR filter for my cluson gunlight and was able to watch foxes 200m away.

I then managed to attach the unit to my .22 cz using a weaver rail (bolted to the unit) and an extra set of rings on the scope. Problem then is aiming, an adjustable (red) laser (soviet bazaar) attached above the scope and collimated to scope zero solved this. You need a variable laser otherwise it will flare out your unit. It takes a bit of setting up but the good thing is its easily removable for normal day use. If you can run to an IR laser the whole set up is invisible to animals and humans. Just remember to switch everything off at the end of the session!

I tried to attach the unit inline with scope but couldnt get it to focus. On the + side its cheap night vision, you cant 'burn' the insides, its comes with a 3 or 5 year warranty. Think theres a few threads floating about making this into a night scope. The whole thing is heavy so I tend to shoot off sticks. Theres also an av out so you can record off it.

post-17066-0-91203900-1353881858_thumb.jpg

I'm going to get one...they look quite good..will they be any good for scanning fields looking for foxes when my fox pro is on??

Yes, it will be okay for looking for fox size quarry, up to approx 80 yards, and also dependant on how the sky is, ie moonlight, stars etc.

If you can increase the amount of IR, then viewing distance will be greatly increased.

i shoot rabbits and foxes on golf courses and the rabbits show up black against the grass even before you see the eye shine

easily spot them out to 200yds

I sat out watching a valley 2 nights ago with the fox caller.

watched rabbits all night but no foxes.

the inbuilt IR will not show up as illuminating but as soon as you scan across an animal the eyeshine gives it away.

again easily out past where I would shoot them.

the picture takes a bit of getting used to being black and white but I have just bought a Yukon lens to adapt it to an addon

like this

Bresser.jpg

Here's one I made earlier :shifty:

And here's some video I shot using the AV take-off into my old Sony Handicam.

nv2-1.jpg

nv1-1.jpg

what did you do with this without a reticule?

wonder how hard it would be to add a reticule or aim point to the internal lens and then use a windage and elevation adjustable mount to adjust to zero?

He's got a laser mounted further down...

Yep, thats exactly right.

The way I set this up is to first zero the rifle with a standard scope, I use a 50yd zero for this with the .22rf. Then fit the laser and juggle around with it until it is pointing to exactly the same place as the scope crosshairs and tighten it up. Now, in effect you could shoot it from the hip, where the laser points is where the bullet goes, within half an inch from 25-60yds. Now take the standard scope off and fit the night scope. Juggle around with the nightscope mountings until the laser is somwhere in the middle of the picture, a bit of shimming/filing as required, then lock it up.

Now all you need to do, when you have your rabbit squarely in the picture is a quick press of the flying lead - Rabbit stew.

When you get used to it and for close range shots out to maybe 30-40 yds you don't even need the laser, just visualise where it would be.

Now I know it can't compare with a dedicated night vision rig but it works well and only cost about £120.

I made the mounts by chopping up a set of cheap scope mounts and bolting them to an aluminium bar about 15mmx10mm then bolting the bar to the scope. This scope has two mounting points so makes this easy, the thread is a standard camera thread (1/4 whit)